First Time @ Contemporary Resort

Disney4family

I spent my mornings last summer at the Contempo Cafe when it opened at 6am. The CMs who work there are wonderful (of course). The monorail was there. Chef Mickey's was getting set up for the morning. It was a nice way to have my first cup of coffee.

jrogue

Original Poster
It was a nice way to have my first cup of coffee.
It definitely sounds like it! Thanks! :) (and good to know it opens at 6am!)

We came back to our room after our 1st day to a tray of gorgeous disney mini cupcakes and a white chocolate monorail.
What! That is awesome :) I love it when the cast members are able to surprise you like that. It must've been him! What a great way to make some magic :) Thanks!

you can watch the other side where MK is and watch the world wake up. Honestly I would spend every morning there of our trip
Goodness, that sounds like absolute paradise! I'm definitely going to wake up early and go out there one morning to relax.

MCParradox

If you're looking for more interesting places to watch the fireworks from, the roof terrace is great! Technically, it's for people at California Grill, but if you go out onto the 4th floor terrace (MK end), or out of the door at the end of the corridor you're on, you can actually walk all the way up the fire escape stairs and onto the top of the building! It's open to anyone, and it's rarely too crowded in my experience. Definitely worth the climb! During the day it provides a great vantage point - you can see everything around the lagoon, the larger icons of other parks (Spaceship Earth, Everest etc...), and even Orlando in the distance!

s&k'smom

It definitely sounds like it! Thanks! :) (and good to know it opens at 6am!)

What! That is awesome :) I love it when the cast members are able to surprise you like that. It must've been him! What a great way to make some magic :) Thanks!

Goodness, that sounds like absolute paradise! I'm definitely going to wake up early and go out there one morning to relax.
Awesome, can't wait to see you pictures!

s&k'smom

That's awesome! :) I hope you have a great time!

Nice! :D Just looked up their menu and it looks like they have a pretty decent selection of different types of coffee. My sister is going to love their smoothies!

That definitely sounds like it's going to be a major plus! That's one of the things we loved so much about the Poly -- being on the monorail and being able to get home so quickly. We have a garden view room currently, but that's a good tip in case we get upgraded for whatever reason! :)

Ohh my goodness I didn't even think of this!! Yes!!! :D I imagine that would make for some beautiful photos as well!

Attachments

• IMG_20151107_064642175_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151107_064642175_HDR.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 31

glvsav37

I know there is plenty of walking to do at WDW, but the beauty of staying at the CR/BLT is the walkway that runs under the monorail rail and up to the front gate. If you continue past there, the walkway extends past the monorail station and wraps around the lake about 1/2 way to the Grand Flo. It's a great way to watch the property "wake up" in the am. There are benches there to sit and have coffee or just walk or jog the trail.

jrogue

Original Poster
Wow!! That is a beautiful shot! :D
There are benches there to sit and have coffee or just walk or jog the trail.
Good to know! I was hoping to go for a morning run some mornings but I know I'd want to sit somewhere to at least take a break! I think I've seen that walkway before but have never taken it since I've always stayed at the Poly.

The90skid

One little known secret about the Contemporary is that the monorail actually goes through the resort!! I know, it sounds crazy, but trust me I'm an insider.

Lol but seriously, I am jealous! I've always wanted to stay there but never have! I hope you have a great trip.

jrogue

Original Poster
One little known secret about the Contemporary is that the monorail actually goes through the resort!! I know, it sounds crazy, but trust me I'm an insider.

Lol but seriously, I am jealous! I've always wanted to stay there but never have! I hope you have a great trip.
:banghead: lol and thank you!! I am so excited!! :)

glvsav37

Wow!! That is a beautiful shot! :D

Good to know! I was hoping to go for a morning run some mornings but I know I'd want to sit somewhere to at least take a break! I think I've seen that walkway before but have never taken it since I've always stayed at the Poly.

Its just under 2 miles from the front door of the CR.

d0603a2.png

I would run it a few days when we stayed at BLT. Last year we had a 2nd floor room, so I would text my wife when done and wait under our balcony. She's throw our coffee mugs down to me and I would finish off the run by going to Contempo Cafe for our morning coffee.

jrogue

Original Poster
I would run it a few days when we stayed at BLT. Last year we had a 2nd floor room, so I would text my wife when done and wait under our balcony
That's perfect and the visual is great! and LOL at the 2nd floor room convenience! That is a great idea that I'll have to use if we are on the second floor.

HauntedMansionFLA

The walk is great. It's like walking a few more steps from the bus stops. :p

Another thing you can try is watching MK fireworks from the 4th floor observation deck. Great for days you leave the park early and still want some nighttime entertainment!
What floors are good to request if you have theme park views? The higher up the better?

rob0519

What floors are good to request if you have theme park views? The higher up the better?

Definitely the higher the better. I've stayed on both sides of the floor and prefer the side closer to the MK rather than the convention center. The bus noises are a bit louder and the parking lot is right below you, but I don't have a problem with that.

HauntedMansionFLA

Definitely the higher the better. I've stayed on both sides of the floor and prefer the side closer to the MK rather than the convention center. The bus noises are a bit louder and the parking lot is right below you, but I don't have a problem with that.
Any idea what room number you had during your stay? Thank you so much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom