First Ride?

Scooter

I had no interest in going to Disney World. Then one time I got sent to Orlando on a business trip. A couple of guys were going to EPCOT one afternoon and asked me if I wanted to come along. My first ride, not counting the Monorail, was Spaceship Earth.

I was hooked.

The following year I took my whole family to The World and we have been back every year since...sometimes twice a year. :sohappy:

Smee

It's been over 20 years (on our Honeymoon), but I believe the first thing we did after walking around for a while in complete awe was take in the Enchanted Tiki Room. Back then I think it was a "C" ticket ride.

I think the 2nd ride was POC.

zonguy

These kinds of questions make me feel old...

My first visit was back in '76. They still used the old ticket system, or a wristband I think.

While I cannot remember my first ride, I and my 2 younger brothers definitely remember Space Mountain. Back then, the ride seemed so much scarier. There used to be a loud airhorn blast (like a big-rig truck) in the rotating tunnel just after "lift-off".

That horn was all it took to scare the [deleted] out of me! All three of us ran out of the ride to Mom (who was smart enough to stay outside...) and promised to sign our name in blood that we would never go back on the ride....

BTW, I returned to MK in 86. The first ride I did was SM... :p

MCMike37

Man, I couldn't even remember. The memories I have of DL were Casey Jones, the Matterhorn, waiting outside Space Mountain with my mom while my dad and brother rode it (I was only 4 at the time), staying at the campground right next to DL playing with matchbox and watching the fireworks, and that's about it from DL.

My first trip to WDW came only about a year and a half later and I honestly don't remember what we rode first. But, I have been back 15 times since then, so I think whatever happened on the first trip hooked me:D

NowInc

I was too young to remember it...but...apparently my first ride was Mr.Toads Wild Ride.....so much for me being able to re-live my youth :(

mandib

Yes as a 5 year-old I had to go on Dumbo so that was my 1st ride followed by Mr. toads which I really thought I was driving!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom