First Photobucket, Now Flickr

Kristia

Original Poster
Flickr just instituted their new changes. I had no idea they were changing anything and it just blindsided me! The new user homepage is so busy and and hard to find things. My photostream won't load and I just get the dots churning like it is trying but nothing ever happens. Why do they have to fix things that aren't broken?

NowInc

Its new..give it a few days :)

I actually LOVE what they did with it..as well as the changes to the "Free" services. Yahoo is finally giving it the attention it deserves.

Kristia

Original Poster
Its new..give it a few days :)

I actually LOVE what they did with it..as well as the changes to the "Free" services. Yahoo is finally giving it the attention it deserves.
I think I would be a bit happier with it if my pictures would actually load! I know change is tough to get used to and I usually adjust but I want to be able to actually use it especially since I did upgrade to Pro a few months ago.

NowInc

Mine are showing up fine. I assume its glitching a bit but that wont take long to work out. They needed to step up to comete, and I feel they did. I actually lucked out because my premium runs out in 15 days...I was JUST about to renew when I saw the new changes. Lets hope this re-sparks the communities on there.

NowInc

ALSO...in case you feel ripped off by just subbing to flickr pro but now feel you don't need it due to free being pretty amazing..

""You have elected to cancel your Flickr Pro subscription and switch to a free Flickr account. You are eligible for a prorated refund. ""

Thats right..cancel and they will pro-rate

Kristia

Original Poster
ALSO...in case you feel ripped off by just subbing to flickr pro but now feel you don't need it due to free being pretty amazing..

""You have elected to cancel your Flickr Pro subscription and switch to a free Flickr account. You are eligible for a prorated refund. ""

Thats right..cancel and they will pro-rate
I did see this. I will wait it out and hope they fix the glitches in the next few days. I was just trying out the pro so I was on the 3 month plan and just was charged for the next 3 months. I didn't want to be out too much money if I didn't end up using it regularly. Nice to know that I will probably cancel the pro since the free benefits look nice if bugs are worked out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

BoarderPhreak

Wow, that really is bad. This is the result of "making Flickr cool again?"

LOL, and they "promise not to screw up Tumblr." I'm not so sure about that. ;)

NowInc

What I like: The new "front page". I dont mind that being big and in your face...in fact I prefer it.

What I HATE: Groups. I have a bunch..and i regularly like to scan through them and enjoy having the pics "smaller" with the info on the right side so I can see what was used to take the pic...but now that info isnt as easily seen..and its by default high res.

Allen C

I actually like the new flickr. It's more photo-centric and like Daniel said it looks similar to 500px. It really showcases your work.

lilclerk

I kiiind of like it. My pro account had run out about a week ago and I like that I have most of those features back now. But do any of you other free users get stats? I have the button for it, but the link keeps saying it's broken.

CP_alum08

I don't hate it. On one hand I don't think it was broke, therefore didn't need fixing. On the other hand they have dropped the 200 photo limit for free users and given us a terabyte to play with...so I can't complain. I dropped my pro account a few months ago and now see absolutely no reason to ever go back to paying for Flickr.

NowInc

Personally Im going to keep paying for pro as im "grandfathered" in to it. $25 a year is not much to pay to have unlimited uploads...where any new member has to pay $500 for 2 terabytes.

ddbowdoin

Personally Im going to keep paying for pro as im "grandfathered" in to it. $25 a year is not much to pay to have unlimited uploads...where any new member has to pay $500 for 2 terabytes.

the funny thing about this is I love 500px but I feel like 50% of Flickr users treat it as a place to showcase work and 50% use it as a dumping ground.

There is no way, that anyone on earth, has 2 Terrabytes of their best work.

stuart

I don't really use Flickr as my main site, but not overly taken with the changes, will probably grow on us in time however.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom