First look: Disney's PK

MKCustodial

Well, after reading the first issue of the new adventures of PK, I have mixed feelings. The book looks great, awesome graphics and colors. They updated the Duckburg universe, from a distant shot you can see the old neighborhood, with the houses and Scrooge's Money Bin, but now there's this huge metropolis right next door, being downtown Duckburg. Donald has a cell phone now, and you can see by technology and stuff that it's a present-day universe.
Now, in the old stories, Donald had the help of Gyro to acquire new gadgets to help his crime-fighting career. Now, thanks to an alien computer who recruited him, he's a super-hero, and he has a kind of do-it-all-glove and board, that has weapons and makes him fly. It's like The Great American Disney Hero, you know? ;) Let's see how it develops.
This book is gonna come out bi-monthly, and it's gonna be paired by another new book, coming out on the other months. This one is Mickey X. Supposedly, Mickey finds the entrance to an alternate universe and will have X-Files types of adventures and will have the company of a werewolf Goofy (!). This one is also Italian and will be coming out next month. You can see the cover here.

(By the way, I know this thread is supposed to talk about the PK game and not the comics, but I thought it'd be redundant to start another thread... :D )

Toonfinder

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Now, in the old stories, Donald had the help of Gyro to acquire new gadgets to help his crime-fighting career. Now, thanks to an alien computer who recruited him, he's a super-hero, and he has a kind of do-it-all-glove and board, that has weapons and makes him fly. It's like The Great American Disney Hero, you know? ;) Let's see how it develops.

I was thinking more like the old campy telvision show "Greatest American Hero"... about the same backstory of how the hero got his new-found powers... just no all-in-one glove.

This book is gonna come out bi-monthly, and it's gonna be paired by another new book, coming out on the other months. This one is Mickey X. Supposedly, Mickey finds the entrance to an alternate universe and will have X-Files types of adventures and will have the company of a werewolf Goofy (!). This one is also Italian and will be coming out next month. You can see the cover

Now this is something I want to see... but chances are pretty damn good that we'll never see anything like this in the US, at least not in English. Damn you Eisner... I want what everyone else is getting!!!!

(By the way, I know this thread is supposed to talk about the PK game and not the comics, but I thought it'd be redundant to start another thread... :D )

I don't think there's anything to worry about regarding that... it's still about PK...

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Toonfinder
Now this is something I want to see... but chances are pretty damn good that we'll never see anything like this in the US, at least not in English. Damn you Eisner... I want what everyone else is getting!!!!

Now, don't complain! I only WISH we could get half the goods you guys have up there! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom