Fireworks & Fantasmic Plan. Critique me, please?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
@sweetpee_1993 I just checked and "Remember... Dreams Come True" is the firework show you'll be catching.
I'm so stinking excited! We are starting to see our hours on the calendar now! That makes it feel so much nearer!

I've known all along I wanted to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, I just couldn't for the life of me decide which day. Every day felt like there was something I'd make us miss. Asked the husband & he was no help. He just said, "I think if you want to do it you should pick a day and book it." Yesterday I was more or less complaining to my 18 yro about my frustration at my inability to make this decision. I yammered on about this day or that day....blah blah blah....and he said to me so matter-of-fact, "Wednesday. I think Wednesday." Well alrighty then. Wednesday. That simple. Why was that so impossible for me?! LOL!

Californian Elitist

I'm so stinking excited! We are starting to see our hours on the calendar now! That makes it feel so much nearer!

I've known all along I wanted to do the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, I just couldn't for the life of me decide which day. Every day felt like there was something I'd make us miss. Asked the husband & he was no help. He just said, "I think if you want to do it you should pick a day and book it." Yesterday I was more or less complaining to my 18 yro about my frustration at my inability to make this decision. I yammered on about this day or that day....blah blah blah....and he said to me so matter-of-fact, "Wednesday. I think Wednesday." Well alrighty then. Wednesday. That simple. Why was that so impossible for me?! LOL!

Teenagers are always like that! Everything just flows haha.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Walk in Walt's Foosteps Tour. I've never done it before, but I have toured Walt's apartment. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. That makes the tour worth the money for me.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
We did Magical and then the 2nd show of F! and got great viewing for both.

We were right in front of the castle - right behind the walkway ropes and then hustled our butts over to F! and got right behind the 'sitting only' section in front of Pirates. Perfect timing!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I made my way to the flyover in front of POTC and ended up being dead center "above" the crowd. I was about 15 feet from the New Orleans side of the flyover (opposite the Adventureland end), and had very little trouble getting a spot. The area between the rope and the rail is about 4 feet and everyone is made to stand, but when I arrived, everyone was still spread out, sitting on the ground so there was room to duck under the rope and stand. Once everyone was told to stand up, there was plenty of room at the railing, and viola, I had an unobstructed view. This was just 30 minutes prior to showtime too.

JillC LI

What I've done in the past is once the fireworks are done, proceed through Frontierland. They will be holding guests for the second Fantasmic near the Mark Twain Riverboat dock. What is working in your favor is that most people waiting here will want a spot as close to the river as possible not the terrace viewing you want. You should have plenty of time to get to the holding area as they have to clean the whole river area before letting in the next shows audience and that takes a while.

Now that I've been studying the map for our trip in May, this is all making a bit more sense to me. But is the terrace you are talking about the area in front of POC? I'm a little confused looking at the map. If I am coming from Frontierland and passing by the riverboat dock on my right, is the terrace on my left? Will it be obvious when I am there?

Travel Junkie

I believe they are referring to the patio that holds outdoor seating for the River View Terrace counter service restaurant. It is a slightly raised section that looks over the ROA. You are right. If you are coming through Frontierland, the dock is on the right and the Terrace is on the left. If you are staring at a park map it is just to the right of Pirates and in front of Tarzan’s Treehouse. I’ve never seen the show from there so I don’t know how good a view it is, but I don’t think it would be very good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom