Fireworks & Fantasmic Plan. Critique me, please?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Calling all the local veterans! I've been studying maps & doing some research to be prepared with a solid game plan to see the fireworks & Fantasmic 2nd show. Now, I've read mention in a few spots about "cutting thru a path by Rancho del Zuccalo". I'm curious as to the logic because wouldn't that dump me out to the side of the viewing area near the wheelchair section? Or is this a way to swoop in and come in behind the departing first show crowd? I was thinking stand near the center hub across from the Frontierland spoke and maybe a hair closer to the castle. When moving towards the F! area we could weave thru via Adventureland and come out on the elevated section near the Riverbelle Terrace. Would this be too much swimming upstream to be effective? My goal is to get to that elevated walkway area to view the show. What's my best game plan to get to that spot?

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
It would be definitely be an upstream battle going through Adventureland, as most nights it is used as exit only for the first showing of Fantasmic so Frontierland would still be your best bet.

Standing at the hub closest to Frontierland is a good idea, but try not to get too close to the castle on that side. There are trees in front of Fantasy Faire that will block the fireworks if you stand too close.

What I've done in the past is once the fireworks are done, proceed through Frontierland. They will be holding guests for the second Fantasmic near the Mark Twain Riverboat dock. What is working in your favor is that most people waiting here will want a spot as close to the river as possible not the terrace viewing you want. You should have plenty of time to get to the holding area as they have to clean the whole river area before letting in the next shows audience and that takes a while.

Last edited:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
It would be definitely be an upstream battle going through Adventureland, as most nights it is used as exit only for the first showing of Fantasmic so Frontierland would still be your best bet.

Standing at the hub closest to Frontierland is a good idea, but try not to get too close to the castle on that side. There are trees in front of Fantasy Faire that will block the fireworks if you stand too close.

What I've done in the past is once the fireworks are done, proceed through Frontierland. They will be holding guests for the second Fantasmic near the Mark Twain Riverboat dock. What is working in your favor is that most people waiting here will want a spot as close to the river as possible not the terrace viewing you want. You should have plenty of time to get to the holding area as they have to clean the whole river area before letting in the next shows audience and that takes a while.

This is super helpful! I knew they did a quick cleanup between shows but didn't think if 2nd show people being held at a specific location. This explains tge repeated "tip" to cut thru. I'm hoping others will be jockeying for the close spots. I know we'd be more comfortable not up at the front.

Californian Elitist

Fireworks. How long to stake out a center hub spot? We'll go immediately after towards the holding spot for the 2nd show of Fantasmic.

Well, there are locals/APs that like to show up specifically for things like Fantasmic! and the fireworks, so I'd say get there at least 30-40 minutes early. I'd even say an hour, but since it's your first time, I'll give you a break.;)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Well, there are locals/APs that like to show up specifically for things like Fantasmic! and the fireworks, so I'd say get there at least 30-40 minutes early. I'd even say an hour, but since it's your first time, I'll give you a break.;)
I was thinking an hour. We have plenty of days to do stuff. I'm good puting time & effort into the fireworks & F! while we have the chance. :)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Excellent! Do you know which firework show will be on display during your visit?
No clue. The parks schedules are close but not quite to our travel dates. Super excited. We're also planning our 1st afternoon (Sat. 4/26) to rent a car & go touch the Pacific. Plan to hit an In N Out, drive to Crystal Cove, then maybe stop by Sprinkles in Newport. Before we head in for the night we'll stop at Target or somewhere for bottled water, sodas, etc. Everything's coming together! Yay!

Californian Elitist

No clue. The parks schedules are close but not quite to our travel dates. Super excited. We're also planning our 1st afternoon (Sat. 4/26) to rent a car & go touch the Pacific. Plan to hit an In N Out, drive to Crystal Cove, then maybe stop by Sprinkles in Newport. Before we head in for the night we'll stop at Target or somewhere for bottled water, sodas, etc. Everything's coming together! Yay!

Hopefully Remember... Dreams Come True is the firework show you'll be seeing. Truly the best Disney's done, at least for Disneyland. You'll be in for a treat. The other show, Magical!, is great as well.

Your plan sounds like a hit. It's good to hear you're doing other things besides the Disney parks! Make sure you ask us what to order at In-N-Out before you go! It's important lol.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Hopefully Remember... Dreams Come True is the firework show you'll be seeing. Truly the best Disney's done, at least for Disneyland. You'll be in for a treat. The other show, Magical!, is great as well.

Your plan sounds like a hit. It's good to hear you're doing other things besides the Disney parks! Make sure you ask us what to order at In-N-Out before you go! It's important lol.
My oldest son has a friend who lives out west. He says he wants to order "Animal Fries". He said something else for the burger but I don't remember. I'll have to get with y'all on the what to order business. ;)

Californian Elitist

My oldest son has a friend who lives out west. He says he wants to order "Animal Fries". He said something else for the burger but I don't remember. I'll have to get with y'all on the what to order business. ;)

Your son's friend knows what they're talking about! Animal fries are a must. You won't see the option for animal fries and other items physically on the menu. That's why you have to ask us.

Cosmic Commando

I don't think it requires a big huge plan. Like @Disneysea05 said, it will probably be one-way traffic: traffic into New Orleans Square through Frontierland, traffic out of NOS through Adventureland to the hub. If you stand sort of over towards the hub entrance to Frontierland, you'll be in the best position to head right to the Rivers of America. Once I got to the viewing area, I'd turn left to head towards Mansion/Splash and grab any spot I saw inside the roped-off area closest to the water. You can sort of shimmy your way around, some people in front of you might leave, etc. It's still a long time until the show starts. I wouldn't worry about being too off-center because all of the best parts of the show... Mickey, Kaa, dragon, floats, the Mark Twain, etc. are all either circling the water or are on the stage where the view should be pretty good from all around.

PolynesianPrincess

This is a great thread @sweetpee_1993 because I was thinking how we wanted to do the same thing, see the first fireworks and then see the 2nd F! The park hours today go through 4/23 and we all arrive on 4/26 so it's juuuuuuust about to our dates! The anticipation is killing me!! haha

Cosmic Commando

Just remembered this: I once went immediately after the first showing of Fantasmic! and grabbed a spot on the water. We watched the fireworks from there, and then they made us leave the area for a few minutes so they could sweep. I'm not sure if they do that all the time or there was just a particular manager working that night, but it's something to keep an eye out for. If there's an area where it looks like you should be able to stand, but there are people cleaning, it may open up in a minute. If you head over directly after the fireworks, you may catch this happening. It was right on the Rivers of America across from Riverbelle Terrace. It was a really good spot for Fantasmic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom