Fire Near Epcot

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
Breaking news Devoy just informed me that there is a fire near Epcot and ash is falling on the world showcase. Its comming from the direction of the African Outpost. there isn't any coverage from the local news stations yet....

maryszhi

is it a wild fire,or is it a fire at something like a house or something? thats scary i hope everything is ok and nobody is injured
ill try to im my cousin to see if she knows anything

StageFrenzy

Original Poster
he said it was a brush fire i looked on the sentinal and 6 no news,

Devoy just texted me and he said there was Steady fall of ash now

primusjim

Looks like a big fire, as I live at 192 and 27 and there is a huge plume of smoke over 192. If it's on property, it's going to be really bad.

Figment1986

a small fall of ash at studios right now over animation courtyard and sunset..

not that steady though.

(at studios right now)

tn1999

its a black smoke fire at the intersection of 536 and international drive. it is so big that, yes, epcot and downtown disney and everything within a 10 mile radius of such are experiencing ash!

LandBoatride

WESH 2 website has very minimal article about it, 15-20 acres burned, no homes threatened. At the orange County/Osceola County line. I'm thinking near Gaylord Palms???? STay tuned...

goodolgm

if its by 536 and i-drive, then if i'm not mistaken, it's quite close to chatham square....any current CP's on here care to report?

LandBoatride

if its by 536 and i-drive, then if i'm not mistaken, it's quite close to chatham square....any current CP's on here care to report?

Yeh, this would be an undeveloped area mostly, south of Marriott World Center, Caribe Royale and Buena Vista Suites and where the 417 Greenway connects to 536. This is not the developed portion of I-Drive for those unfamilar with the area. But it is within a couple miles of Chatham Square and that whole Little Lake Bryan area.

For the love of God, we need rain down here. This is 1998 all over again, and when it gets like this, fireworks bans are not far off (a minimal consequence compared to the loss of property, etc.)

MerHearted

I snapped this driving home just a half hour ago.

Attachments

• Photo041.jpg
    Photo041.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 281

mickeymouse090

Wow what a photo...thanks for showing it so all of us who are not locals can see what is going on down there. I hope everyone is ok & doesn't get hurt.

PhotoDave219

Breaking news Devoy just informed me that there is a fire near Epcot and ash is falling on the world showcase. Its comming from the direction of the African Outpost. there isn't any coverage from the local news stations yet....

First, this is utterly useless without pictures.

Second, you're jumping to conclusions and being reactionary without any good reason.

Third, Ash from that huge fire in SouthEastern Georgia caused Ash to fall at Epcot last year. Two years before that, a huge fire over on Palm Parkway near Lake Ruby caused ash to cover Epcot, MGM and DTD. Couldn't breathe out.

I've covered wildfires, I've had to move out of the way of wildfires because my position was going to be overrun in a matter of minutes. WDW is in no danger whatsoever. Orlando wildfires and small brushfires have NOTHING on the wildfires out west and the devastation that happened in California and in Palm Bay earlier this year.

StageFrenzy

Original Poster

Second, you're jumping to conclusions and being reactionary without any good reason.

Third, Ash from that huge fire in SouthEastern Georgia caused Ash to fall at Epcot last year. Two years before that, a huge fire over on Palm Parkway near Lake Ruby caused ash to cover Epcot, MGM and DTD. Couldn't breathe out.

I've covered wildfires, I've had to move out of the way of wildfires because my position was going to be overrun in a matter of minutes. WDW is in no danger whatsoever. Orlando wildfires and small brushfires have NOTHING on the wildfires out west and the devastation that happened in California and in Palm Bay earlier this year.

But it is news and im sure it would be interesting to be at the parks right now, my buddy thought it was enough news to call me.

stevieg639

The radio said it was a small brush fire about 15 acres near Hunters Creek near FL 417, there is a smoke advisory but the highway is still open.

LandBoatride

Calm down Ranger Rick. Nobody jumped to conclusions here but you. Not sure what you are implying, but nobody in this post suggested EPCOT was burning or in immediate danger of being torched. Everyone simply reported a fire in the area, we narrowed down the location based on news reports, and yes, ash was falling in two of the parks as eyewitnesses inside the parks reported. This post was anything but useless. It alerted those nearby and because of it we got a picture.

FYI, we all know that if this fire WAS in WDW, the news crews would be on top of it faster than Starr Jones on a ham sandwich.

My personal thanks to the original poster for the heads up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom