Trip Report *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 2 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 3 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 4 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 5 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 6 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 7 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 8 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 9 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 10 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 11 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 12 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 13 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 14 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Day 15 Update - *FINISHED* The "How did all these people get in here?" That's what she said Trip Report

Hello!

First off my thank you's to people will be held at the very end of my report. So if you feel like you should be thanked for something, or shown my appreciation for something...you're going to have to wait a while. Nobody cares about you anyway.

Secondly, I used the up-loader on this site for my pictures and it kind of did a number on them. Once I get everything situated with a photo hosting site this will continue. Thing that sucks is all those sites are blocked through my work computer so I am going to have to actually do this on my on time and not works time.

*Warning*

What you’re about to read are my thoughts and feelings from my most recent trip to Walt Disney World. A lot of sarcasm and pointing out the moronic things other humans do…along with their rudeness and pure oblivious behavior to others around them will be written here.

If you put kids on your shoulders to watch fireworks, leave messy food trays at tables or other places other than a trash can for someone else to clean, take flash pictures on or in “dark attractions”, stop in the middle of rows to sit down, talk during shows, pull that metal latch on the hotel door so it stops your door from closing and you continue to open your hotel door and let it slam shut 20 times in a row at 7am and other dumb inconsiderate things…you MIGHT not want to read this.

If you enjoy sarcasm, “decent” photography, food ography, side stories, pictures of people dressed “special”, and most of all ME!!! Then you are in the right place.

Swear words might be abbreviated. I may think that things YOU do are ignorant and inconsiderate to others around you. Please don’t be offended. LEARN from it. Don’t cry about it. I am not going to argue with you or justify why you should be beat with wet dish rags because you like to hang out and talk with other guests in your party in doorways leading to the entrance/exit of an attraction or the middle of stairs. There is just no hope for you.

This report is made to be funny. It is also made to be serious and informative as well. I don’t have ANY behind the scenes knowledge but I do feel like I have a pretty good grasp on how to have a pretty great time in Disney World and where you should eat delicious food.

I take a TON of photographs and I work rather hard to get good photographs not only for myself but for all of you to hopefully enjoy as well. I pride myself in taking awesome food photographs. I like to feel someone responsible for the big “boom” on this around here.

When I first started planning Disney Trips on my own I always wanted to see what the food looked like before I arrived. There was really NOWHERE to find it. So, I said to myself “Take pictures of EVERYTHING you eat and see and post them to help other people in the same boat as you.” I am a picky eater, which is why this was important to me. I hope along the way I have helped some people out. I hope this report does too. I took 3,444 photographs on just MY camera alone!

This trip is two years, well it WAS two years in the making.

The cast of this trip my fiancée Colleen and me.

Here I am...

ALS_01.jpg

Here is Colleen, she is so hood.

ALS_03.jpg

Also an "Artist"

ALS_04.jpg

...and the much needed couple post...

ALS_02.jpg

We knew we were going to, and when we were going to go but we booked it for real in April. That was the deadline so that we could do our 180+10 dining reservation thing.

We booked All Star Sports Resort arriving on October 9th and departing October 23rd! I missed the big turf field and being able to go out there and throw football after a long day of Typhoon Lagooning, Dining and Park Hopping. But that plan would soon crumble just like most of our plans this trip.

After calling and speaking to Disney World for what feels like 80 times checking for further discounts on the Cast Member plan never ever never once did they mention to me “Oh by the way, the food court at All Star Sports will be closed during your stay.” I had to accidentally find out about it on here.

So now we are faced with our first “White People Problems” of the trip.

Stay at All Star Sports and use Movies and or Music Food Courts?

Or…

Try for Art of Animation or Pop Century which we both hated on a previous trip?

We ended up at Pop because Art of Animation was booked solid. We figured we could walk across The Generation Gap Bridge and eat at AoA because that was really the only thing that appealed to us about staying at AoA in the first place. So here we are now at a hotel we both really did not want to stay at. We are 3 months out and we are already switching things around that we really did not want to switch at all. We almost considered spending more money and staying at Port Orleans or Caribbean Beach. It just did not make sense because we do not spend a lot of time at the resort, or so we thought…

About a month our from our arrival date I got an email asking if I wanted to participate in testing for Magic Bands. Umm, of course I do. You just made me feel really important by sending me this email. So we selected our colors and a day later we got these via UPS!

ALS_1377.JPG

ALS_1379.JPG

A few days later our Magical Express packet came.

Now all that is left is our trip. No more ADR’s, no more waiting for things in the mail…the next big step is near.

ALS_1380.jpg

Day 1 10/9/2013

Finally…The day has come. Up at 3am, well alarm is set for 3am. We don’t have to leave until 4am. I think we dragged ourselves…yes we still had to drag ourselves out of bed knowing what was waiting for us a few short hours away. I think we left the house at like 4:15am for the 25-30 min right to Pittsburgh International Airport. Pretty weird that it’s 25 minutes from Pittsburgh though. Oh well.

We got to the airport checked our bags got through security all less than 10 minutes. Our gate for Air Tran was as far away as possible. I never have been that far back in the airport. The funniest thing I noticed at the airport is that it was 5:20am and Quaker Steak and Lube was about to open up. (Skip ahead 15 days) We passed it again when we returned home at 9:50pm and they were closed. That is pretty weird.

(Back to present time)

It is now time to board our flight. Our flight was pretty full. Normally our plane is half full but there were not too many seats open on our plane. AWESOME flight though. No bumps or dips at all. We arrived at MCO in about 1 hour and 50 minutes. 25 minutes earlier than posted. Sorry no airplane pictures. It was dark the whole time and then nothing but clouds. We came out of the clouds and landed 5 minutes after.

I know where I am going once we get off the “monorail” at MCO but it always strikes me as odd that they have pretty much zero signs saying where to go to check in for The Magical Express. Oh well…good thing I am not new at this. This is really all the help you get, but it is down on the bottom floor when you should pretty much already know where you are going!

DSC_0022.JPG

Then at the 2 mile point we saw this...

DSC_0024.JPG

To be continued...

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 6 10/14/2013 Continued…

After Star Tours we went on The Great Movie Ride. Again we had to go in through some side queue area and thankfully so. I got to see this beauty!!!

DSC_1669.jpg

Man, when I was a little kid I LOVED Freddy. Behind Star Wars that was the best movie(s) EVER. You could not tell me different. Now that I am older they are pretty bad but you can’t take my memories away from me.
DSC_1670.jpg

Lights…

DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_1677.jpg

Walls…

DSC_1679.jpg

DSC_1680.jpg

DSC_1681.jpg

ACTION!!!

DSC_1684.jpg

Footlight Parade. AWESOME flick!

DSC_1687.jpg

Oh, hey Clinton…

DSC_1692.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Now we need to make our way to The Captains Grille. Some photos along the way…

DSC_1724.jpg

DSC_1725.jpg

DSC_1726.jpg

While waiting for The Ferry to get us (No not Tom) but the actual boat…I spotted a few large mouth bass swimming around the docks. These pictures don’t do them justice. They were absolute MONSTERS…

DSC_1728.jpg

DSC_1733.jpg

We got to Yacht and Beach Club a little early so we hung out and I took some pictures…

DSC_1737.jpg

DSC_1739.jpg

We got seated and decided on what we were going to get…

DSC_1742.jpg

DSC_1743.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Nick decided to get some Fancy Feast Cat Food. I actually think it’s Potato and Cheese Gnocchi

DSC_1746.jpg

This is possibly a Chef’s Vegetarian Inspiration. Obviously he is a Vegetarian now…

DSC_1747.jpg

I of course had The New York Strip Steak…

DSC_1749.jpg

For dessert Nick had The Hazelnut Gianduja Cake…

DSC_1751.jpg

I had The Smore’s…

DSC_1753.jpg

I must say this place was a HUGE let down. There were 3 other tables being used in the restaurant and each of us had a different server. I can’t tell you how many times our drinks needed filled and our server was nowhere around. Ontop of all that my food was just bad. I mean it was not that is was just okay…it was not good at all. I probably should have said something, or maybe write a letter…but oh well. I have gone to Disney a total of around 80 days the last 6 years and that was my second bad meal/experience. I can’t cry and moan TOO TOO much.

Time to get back on the Ferry and go to DHS again…

DSC_1759.jpg

DSC_1760.jpg

DSC_1763.jpg

DSC_1765.jpg

DSC_1766.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Our first destination on our return will be…

DSC_1769.jpg

After Tower of Terror we headed over to Rock’n Roller Coaster.

DSC_1774.jpg

The ride was down and a few people were standing in line so we figured we would just wait for a few minutes. Nothing happened so we left. To ride Tower again…

DSC_1789.jpg

Now we have Toy Story Mania FP+. On the way over I saw probably the worst thing I have seen in Disney. Yes it was worse than the toe nail on the bus. Yes it was worse than the lady in her SpongeBob outfit in Epcot. Yes it was worse than the butt lady from this trip.

DSC_1791.jpg

Now I could care less that these two are holding hands. In fact kudos and mad respect to these two for being happy with who they are, how they were born and proud to be with each other. The world could use more folks who do not or feel like they have to hide who and what they are. HOWEVER…Uggs. C’mon son. Uggs. For real dude…UGGS??? It is 90 degrees and that is the fashion statement you’re gonna make here? Dude even looks like he is sweating. You got on shorts the same color as your shirt with some Uggs. Uggs are girls boots son and they look stupid enough on girls let alone your a$$ prancing around Disney World with them. Yes, I know they make them “for men”…F.O.H. Some people just go too far or try too hard. Retail reps, customer service reps, and sales reps should be able to say, without any backlash “You serious right now?” Dude had on Uggs with shorts on while it’s 90 degrees outside. Uggs…How terrible you think his feet were banging when he got back to their room? Uggs with shorts…

Now it’s time for Toy Story Mania. We have not done this since 2009. The lines are insane and the Fast Passes are always gone by the time we get to DHS. FP+ made it possible for us to get a few rides on it though. One of the only +’s to FP+.

DSC_1797.jpg

DSC_1799.jpg

DSC_1801.jpg

DSC_1805.jpg

DSC_1807.jpg

DSC_1810.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

After Toy Story we headed over to “One Mans Dream”. LOVE this show. It’s so awesome to be able to sit down and hear, and see Walt’s Life Documented. My only problem with this show is that it probably should be in Magic Kingdom. Not hidden at DHS.

DSC_1813.jpg

DSC_1815.jpg

After One Mans Dream we decided Star Tours was next. Here is a shot of Indy though…

DSC_1823.jpg

Up now is…Yeah Tower of Terror and there is no wait. Let’s see how many times we can do it before becoming sick…

DSC_1825.jpg

I see you…

DSC_1828.jpg

DSC_1834.jpg

DSC_1836.jpg

DSC_1837.jpg

DSC_1840.jpg

DSC_1841.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

More Tower…

DSC_1843.jpg

DSC_1848.jpg

DSC_1845.jpg

DSC_1850.jpg

DSC_1856.jpg

DSC_1859.jpg

DSC_1860.jpg

No idea how I timed this…our “elevator” was going CRAZY!!!

DSC_1867.jpg

DSC_1868.jpg

The Doll. Such a CREEPY and GREAT episode of The Twilight Zone. One of my favorites. Been trying for a LONG time to get a picture of him. Looks like a crappy picture but it is next to pitch black dark in the area. Very happy with this!

DSC_1869.jpg

We ended up doing ToT 3 times in a row with no wait. Man, how I have missed you September wait times.

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Rock’n Roller Coaster is up next. You know…such a good idea because our goal was to ride ourselves sick on Tower…let’s go get rocket launched into loops and twists after that!

DSC_1871.jpg

DSC_1874.jpg

Oh, hey look who it is…

DSC_1875.jpg

We couldn’t possibly be…

DSC_1876.jpg

Yep…

DSC_1885.jpg

DSC_1887.jpg

DSC_1888.jpg

DSC_1902.jpg

DSC_1908.jpg

Okay no more Tower for tonight…I promise!

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

Rock’n Roller Coaster has no line and no wait so we are going to get whiped around once again…

DSC_1913.jpg

DSC_1914.jpg

DSC_1915.jpg

DSC_1916.jpg

DSC_1917.jpg

The park is now closing. Nick went on his way, and we went on our way. We decided it was best to catch an Art of Animation bus and get some grub in their café.

Colleen got a Caprese Sandwich…

DSC_1921.jpg

I got a DELICIOUS Bacon Hamburger…

DSC_1922.jpg

For dessert I had a Cupcake…

DSC_1925.jpg

Colleen had a I have no idea what this is…

DSC_1928.jpg

To be continued…

Last edited:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I did not even need this space to be reserved. That is how crazy and rebellious I am that I would reserve a spot that I don't even need.

Last edited:

bmarkelon

Omg with the Uggs! I can't imagine making that choice while you are packing your bags for Orlando. I do always have a hard time deciding on which kicks make the cut but never have my Uggs been in the line up for consideration!
Sorry to hear that Captains Grille bombed, I had a braised short rib over some type of polenta that was freaking delicious! The only reason we had chosen this ADR was because we were staying at the Beach Club though. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that enjoyed their meal.

Longers

More Tower…

DSC_1843.jpg

DSC_1848.jpg

DSC_1845.jpg

DSC_1850.jpg

DSC_1856.jpg

DSC_1859.jpg

DSC_1860.jpg

No idea how I timed this…our “elevator” was going CRAZY!!!

DSC_1867.jpg

DSC_1868.jpg

The Doll. Such a CREEPY and GREAT episode of The Twilight Zone. One of my favorites. Been trying for a LONG time to get a picture of him. Looks like a crappy picture but it is next to pitch black dark in the area. Very happy with this!

DSC_1869.jpg

We ended up doing ToT 3 times in a row with no wait. Man, how I have missed you September wait times.

To be continued…
Love the ToT picture before the drop - a great shot. Maybe a challenge for my next trip.

LisaBelle

Love this TR! Our family had an experience with inappropriate shorts while in line for a FP on our last trip to WDW. The kids couldn't stop talking about it all day. In fact, they still talk about it, "Do you remember that woman we saw at Animal Kingdom?!" She will forever be known to our family as "Cheeks".

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Omg with the Uggs! I can't imagine making that choice while you are packing your bags for Orlando. I do always have a hard time deciding on which kicks make the cut but never have my Uggs been in the line up for consideration!
Sorry to hear that Captains Grille bombed, I had a braised short rib over some type of polenta that was freaking delicious! The only reason we had chosen this ADR was because we were staying at the Beach Club though. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that enjoyed their meal.

Yeah, my dessert was okay but the rest of the meal...ugh. Just a waste of time. I'd rather have a meal that is bad IN the parks rather than having to leave the parks and go to a resort only to have a bad meal. That sucks but...it's like the 2nd or 3rd time it's ever happened to me.

MerMom1981

I have ban absent from the boards for a couple of months. This TR was just the thing to welcome me back. Gotta love a guy who is a total smarta$$ but also a softie for Disney.

Excellent photography, especially Ugg Dude. I had to send that to my bro. He recently caught an UggDude in McDonald's. This might become something. I used to mullet hunt, but Ugg Dudes need their time to shine too

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 7 10/15/2013

Magic Kingdom is an absolute mess today. There were lines for everything. There was a line to get in line.

This is going to be a REALLY short day because we did not really hang around to “enjoy” this madness. It was probably the worst day in terms of crowds that we had to endure on this trip which has already seemed really busy to this point. Today took a whole new meaning today.

First on our list is to use our Space Mountain FP+ and get some regular FP’s while there. There was a line to get into the FP+ line going all the way over to TTA. So after about a 30 minute wait we finally got on Space Mountain.

Now we need to eat. For the first time we went to Pinocchio’s Village Haus. We both got flatbreads.

I had the Pepperoni Flatbread…

DSC_1970.jpg

Colleen had The Caprese Flatbread…

DSC_1968.jpg

Mine was okay. Not bad, not something I feel like I HAVE to do again but Colleen really liked hers.

We both had the Chocolate Cake in a cup…

DSC_1971.jpg

After we ate we had FP+ for Jungle Cruise. Yeah, I know…why waste a FP+ on that but all the other FP+ times were so screwed up that we could not do Thunder or Splash. On top of that we had like 30 minutes to wait so I just snapped my little heart away…

DSC_1974.jpg

DSC_1975.jpg

DSC_1978.jpg

DSC_1979.jpg

DSC_1980.jpg

DSC_1984.jpg

DSC_1985.jpg

To be continued…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom