Festival of Fantasy Parade coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014

etwtec

So there will not be a Pooh or Alice float? They both are a big part of Fantasyland. The Pooh float in Flights of Fantasy and Happiness Is Here Parade were super cute and the Bee costumes!

etwtec

no... its a brand new state of the art float

Oh wow! and I thought that dragon/villains float from HKDL was pretty awesome!

Alright so clear something up for me, They said there will be a Sleeping Beauty float.. but Aurora is in the Princess garden float? Soo is the Sleeping Beauty float considered the Princess garden float? or Maleficent? And if there is 9 floats, what is the other one?

SpectroMan93

Oh wow, even better than that float from HKDL? lol.

Alright so clear something up for me, They said there will be a Sleeping Beauty float.. but Aurora is in the Princess garden float? Soo is the Sleeping Beauty float considered the Princess garden float? or Maleficent? And if there is 9 floats, what is the other one?
Aurora was a part of the Princess garden float, but apparently she will be moved to the Sleeping Beauty float with her prince and Maleficent as a dragon. If you look closely at the new photos, you can see the unit on the garden float that Aurora usually stands on now has a star on top of it. And if you look really closely, next to the star is a static figure of Ray, the firefly. Those two combined, I assume that Tiana is taking Aurora's place on the float.

In an interview, one of the Disney Ambassadors mentioned a train float from Tokyo, which although I have no idea what he is talking about, that seems to be the 9th main float.

etwtec

Aurora was a part of the Princess garden float, but apparently she will be moved to the Sleeping Beauty float with her prince and Maleficent as a dragon. If you look closely at the new photos, you can see the unit on the garden float that Aurora usually stands on now has a star on top of it. And if you look really closely, next to the star is a static figure of Ray, the firefly. Those two combined, I assume that Tiana is taking Aurora's place on the float.

In an interview, one of the Disney Ambassadors mentioned a train float from Tokyo, which although I have no idea what he is talking about, that seems to be the 9th main float.

Ooh ok, makes sense. But this train float is confusing! I take it that's the "mystery float"?

Wait, TDL Fantasy On Parade had a train... At 5:26

Last edited:

SpectroMan93

It's hard to say, and I honestly have no inside information on the situation with FOF. But based off what I've read on this thread for the past several months, the mystery float could either be this train float or the Sleeping Beauty dragon float. Considering the Sleeping Beauty float has already been officially announced, I'm starting to lean towards the train float being the mystery float.

candydog

They said "Part of a train set" didn't they? I think that could actually refer to the Princess float or Pinocchio float. A train may not necessarily mean an actual steam-engine-style train, it can also mean a series of vehicles linked together. Both the Princess and Pinocchio floats are made up of segments attached together like a train.

wdw_cp09

They said "Part of a train set" didn't they? I think that could actually refer to the Princess float or Pinocchio float. A train may not necessarily mean an actual steam-engine-style train, it can also mean a series of vehicles linked together. Both the Princess and Pinocchio floats are made up of segments attached together like a train.
ding, ding, ding we have a winner!

candydog

While I find the parade floats from Disney's Tokyo parades in general to be beautifully designed and visually stunning, they're a little too abstract for me. I prefer the more literal settings represented by the floats in the American parks. That's just my personal taste though.

SpectroMan93

While I find the parade floats from Disney's Tokyo parades in general to be beautifully designed and visually stunning, they're a little too abstract for me. I prefer the more literal settings represented by the floats in the American parks. That's just my personal taste though.
I agree completely. I think that is why floats from the Jubilation parade were sent over because they are the least abstract of the bunch. Now the Pinnochio/Dumbo float is pretty out there, but I give it a pass because of it's circus theme.

etwtec

I assume there is a reason why no Pooh Shame :-(.

Can anyone comment on the music yet? Is the happiness rumor still strong?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom