Mickey's Balloon
Brave
Tangled
The Little Mermaid
Pinocchio/Dumbo
Princess Garden
Peter Pan
Sleeping Beauty

The Sleeping Beauty float won't be the one from Paris - I'm pretty sure it was destroyed when they got their new parade back in 2007.

jrh1985

Can anyone confirm if the floats already in WDW have Lights on them?? They might need them according to the latest Mice Age Update:

http://micechat.com/53779-disneyland-update/

IMO, DL should have done this 5 Years ago!!! We had Spectro along with CADCT I might add In addition to the new at the time MISICI.. I didn't like the new Spectromen but we still had it!

And all DL had to do 5 years ago was move MSEP across DTD, Not the whole country!

Anyone hearing of this in MK? Do we just have FOF? Or, has the new night parade moved from DLR to WDW?

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Nothing has been mentioned about a float from Paris being transferred over, though I would expect the design of the Orlando float to be similar to this one. I am still hopeful that we receive a dragon with a similar design to Murphy in Disneyland's Fantasmic:

That's a cool dragon, spot on with the movie (Fantasmic, didn't watch the video yet, sorry!) and would make an amazing float addition but it may scare the special little snowflakes at such a close distance. Not that I care, but. Haha :)

JWG

There will most likely be 8 floats:

Mickey's Balloon
Brave
Tangled
The Little Mermaid
Pinocchio/Dumbo
Princess Garden
Peter Pan
Sleeping Beauty

The Sleeping Beauty float won't be the one from Paris - I'm pretty sure it was destroyed when they got their new parade back in 2007.

So, 5 of 8 are princess related... awesome.

SpectroMan93

And one's a giant bagpipe. Maybe someone should actually look at the concept art. The princess hate on these forums is getting quite tired. Anyway, the "train set from Tokyo" is a new and interesting development. I don't know how credible these ambassadors are, but if this is true, I think we have found our finale float. Any ideas at to what float he is talking about from which TDL parade?

TTA94

And one's a giant bagpipe. Maybe someone should actually look at the concept art. The princess hate on these forums is getting quite tired. Anyway, the "train set from Tokyo" is a new and interesting development. I don't know how credible these ambassadors are, but if this is true, I think we have found our finale float. Any ideas at to what float he is talking about from which TDL parade?

Only thing that comes to mind are these Casey Jr. floats, But they are from DLP...

IF there will be a Casey Jr float, and IF the music will indeed be a copy of Happiness Is Here, then there is a chance Pinocchio/Dumbo and Casey Jr may be the opening floats?

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoKsPVcxSgzoApkuJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIzZDVoODMwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZANmNmM2NzI4YTM1OTRkMmUzMjRmMjAyZWJiOWUzMjRkYQRncG9zAzEyBGl0A2Jpbmc-?back=http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=tokyo disneyland train float&n=60&ei=utf-8&y=Search&fr=yfp-t-950&tab=organic&ri=12&w=600&h=396&imgurl=miceage.micechat.com/guest/gu040307hh.jpg&rurl=http://miceage.micechat.com/guest/gu040307e.htm&size=56.5KB&name=As you've seen, this parade looks really good - and is good. It's ...&p=tokyo disneyland train float&oid=f6c6728a3594d2e324f202ebb9e324da&fr2=&fr=yfp-t-950&tt=As you've seen, this parade looks really good - and is good. It's ...&b=0&ni=96&no=12&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11fv0vc6q&sigb=141r6kerk&sigi=119rjud29&.crumb=XgQi4ZWhlnI&fr=yfp-t-950

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoKpBV8xSE0UAcpyJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIybjRqMjUwBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3NDIyYTE1MTRiMTcyMGEyYjNiMTAwZWM2NDg5ZDhiZARncG9zAzEEaXQDYmluZw--?back=http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=Tokyo+Disneyland+casey+junior+float&fr=yfp-t-950&fr2=piv-web&tab=organic&ri=1&w=500&h=504&imgurl=media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/31/4a/79/314a796f6a4c473b32a88ba13ca1fca4.jpg&rurl=http://www.pinterest.com/pin/561472278514375031/&size=74.4KB&name=<b>Casey </b>Jr. Circus Train <b>float </b>with Dumbo in <b>Disneyland </b>| disney&p=Tokyo Disneyland casey junior float&oid=7422a1514b1720a2b3b100ec6489d8bd&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t-950&tt=<b>Casey </b>Jr. Circus Train <b>float </b>with Dumbo in <b>Disneyland </b>| disney&b=0&ni=96&no=1&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11gr80fca&sigb=13s9atrai&sigi=12d9o214i&.crumb=XgQi4ZWhlnI&fr=yfp-t-950

Last edited:

cjk0318

Can anyone confirm if the floats already in WDW have Lights on them?? They might need them according to the latest Mice Age Update:

http://micechat.com/53779-disneyland-update/

IMO, DL should have done this 5 Years ago!!! We had Spectro along with CADCT I might add In addition to the new at the time MISICI.. I didn't like the new Spectromen but we still had it!

And all DL had to do 5 years ago was move MSEP across DTD, Not the whole country!

Anyone hearing of this in MK? Do we just have FOF? Or, has the new night parade moved from DLR to WDW?
I scanned the article; Where does it say this?

JWG

One's a dargon and one's a viking ship, what's your point? There not all beauty pageant barges.

My point is, regardless, they still feature a princess. Whether or not the float is "girlie" or not. Even my 7 year old daughter is outgrowing Princesses, this isn't princess hate - it's the realization that the interested audience is likely small comparative to total resort population. Wether Ariel is on a boat, a throne, in a fish net, etc. it's still Ariel.

There's value in having an equal number of floats dedicated to other characters of importance (Peter Pan, Jungle Book, Fab 5+, etc.). I'm fine with Prncesses, just don't think they need to be a majority of a parade. YMMV.

mm52200

My point is, regardless, they still feature a princess. Whether or not the float is "girlie" or not. Even my 7 year old daughter is outgrowing Princesses, this isn't princess hate - it's the realization that the interested audience is likely small comparative to total resort population. Wether Ariel is on a boat, a throne, in a fish net, etc. it's still Ariel.

There's value in having an equal number of floats dedicated to other characters of importance (Peter Pan, Jungle Book, Fab 5+, etc.). I'm fine with Prncesses, just don't think they need to be a majority of a parade. YMMV.
I think it's a shame that any films that feature a female lead are automatically labeled "princess" movies. Just because the film features a princess shouldn't mean it's only for little girls. Notice how people of ALL ages love "princess" films like Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Tangled, and others. Honestly, Tangled is as much of a boys film as it is girls film. It's very equal in terms of entertaining boys and girls. If it's a great film, it's a great film, it shouldn't matter whether it's about princesses or not.

ABQ

As this an an MK parade, certainly there's no getting around characters being on floats, but I'd welcome a parade with zero movie/television character presence at all. Something completely original in its representation, something that hasn't been done at Disney since the Tapestry of XXX parade(s) at EPCOT.

Matt_Black

I think it's a shame that any films that feature a female lead are automatically labeled "princess" movies. Just because the film features a princess shouldn't mean it's only for little girls. Notice how people of ALL ages love "princess" films like Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, Tangled, and others. Honestly, Tangled is as much of a boys film as it is girls film. It's very equal in terms of entertaining boys and girls. If it's a great film, it's a great film, it shouldn't matter whether it's about princesses or not.

I think Aladdin would have been a better example. ;) But yes. Boys like princesses just as much as girls do. I've seen many boys wait in line to meet Princesses and be all excited. Growing up, I always preferred the "Princess" films more than other kinds of Disney films, because they hit that fantasy button sweet spot- magic, adventure, romance... Aw yeah.

And especially now, when you have more action-y princesses like Rapunzel, Merida, and Anna & Elsa, boys are definitely going to like those characters. Heck, Elsa's basically a superhero, and little boys love superheroes (I certainly did and still do!)

TTA94

So, is it safe to say that FOF will strictly be the 3pm parade and not change MK history lol by replacing MSEP and or have night performances like DL does?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom