favorite places to eat off property?

brokedad

What restaurants do you like that are close to the parks? Some people that stay off property don't go to a Disney restaurant every night during their vacations, so I want to know some of your favorites. If you are a local and know the area really well that's even better!
Rocco's tacos on sand lake rd,15 minutes north of dtd.

Pixie VaVoom

"Boston Lobster feast" down by "Celebration". We are kind of landlocked in Oklahoma, so we try to get seafood wherever we travel. The Staff is great - shows you how to handle shucking a lobster like a pro. It was a little gritty, atmospherically, but just downright FUN. and we ate so many lobsters that we were embarrassed, until we spied a whole table of dignified, touristy 'blue rinse' matrons at a table across the room....their stack of lobster shells put ours to SHAME !!!! YUM !! and the seafood bisque soup is wonderful.

Pixie VaVoom

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but there's a whole thread on this subject just below yours:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/favorite-places-to-eat-off-property.843457/

But my favorites are 4Rivers Smokehouse in Winter Park, it's worth the drive from WDW. Cafe D'Antonio (sit at the bar and let Mauricio take care of you) and Columbias in Celebration are my other two favorites. My thinking is to go to local, one off restaurants. As you'll see, most of the responses are chain restaurants . . . which baffles my mind as to why someone would want to go to a place they can eat when they're at home. But I guess I understand that they know what they're getting when they go there. Anyway, I just like to try places I can't go to at home. Just my opinion.

i agree - Hubby and i like to try places with some local flavor.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I'm a Miller's Ale House guy. :cool: No trip to Orlando is complete without a stop at the one on Kirkman! I used to spend so much time there when I lived in town. Can't beat the drinks, and the layered chicken nachos are one of God's greatest gifts to mankind... they're so amazing. :hungry:

BigTxEars

"Boston Lobster feast" down by "Celebration". We are kind of landlocked in Oklahoma, so we try to get seafood wherever we travel. The Staff is great - shows you how to handle shucking a lobster like a pro. It was a little gritty, atmospherically, but just downright FUN. and we ate so many lobsters that we were embarrassed, until we spied a whole table of dignified, touristy 'blue rinse' matrons at a table across the room....their stack of lobster shells put ours to SHAME !!!! YUM !! and the seafood bisque soup is wonderful.

Is that the buffet place? If so about 4 years ago we ate there one night when I was in town for business. A guy at the next table kept getting up from his table and going to the buffets bar to refill his plate. Now that is what you expect to see at a buffet place right? But this guy had to make room for more sea life in his gut so he had unbuckled his belt and unbuttoned his jean so his belly had room to expand outward. Dude must have thought he was home going to the kitchen for more food. Who walks across a public place with their pants undone? :confused:

NiarrNDisney

BUMP

If you find yourself in Cocoa Beach and you are looking for amazing Chinese/Cantonese I suggest Yen Yen on 2nd and A1A! By far the best Chinese food I have had in a long time! Though you may have not seen some of the options on the menu before I promise you will not be disappointed with whatever you order. Everything was fresh and the best the restaurant could find locally and afar, the dining room was very clean and the wait staff was impeccable! Hope you enjoy :hungry:

BigRedDad

We are not a fancy eating family. We prefer the staples...steaks, good bars, etc. We ate at the Ale House when we were visiting Sea World and US. Excellent bar restaurant. Excellent prices, happy hour, and good food. We were at MK one afternoon while staying at WBC. We were looking for a place to eat dinner. Well, we had a few options, but it would be almost $200 for 4 people. We had to drive any way, so we looked for a steak place. Lone Star was only about 5-10 minutes from WBC. We drive from MK to Lone Star. We order 4 meals, 2 appetizers, 6 drinks. The total with tip was $80.

amaley01

Longhorn steakhouse, ihop & applebee’s are among our favorites. :hungry:
This is such a great thread. We’ll be staying off site later this year so these suggestions will come in handy.

I’m curious, any experiences with the orlando magiccard or other coupon sites?
Thanks in advance

amaley01

Longhorn steakhouse, ihop & applebee’s are among our favorites. :hungry:
Since we'll be staying off site later this year I'm following along & taking notes.

EvilQueen-T

When it's in the budget we like Capital Grill. But it really depends on what everyone's mood is...sometimes after drinking around the world it's hitting a cab and doing 3am at ihop lol.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
ARI for sushi in Celebration! Great waitress told us which ones (rolls) to avoid and what is a lot of the faves. We ordered with her suggestions and was some of the best Sushi we have ever had. (California Grill sushi is a fave on property of course). Love visiting Celebration for food and shopping every trip! :)

Journey_On

(I saw this was an old thread, but I'll reply anyway, just in case someone else wanted to know)

Nile Ethiopian Restaurant
Sweet Tomatoes
Yellow Dog Eats

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom