favorite places to eat off property?

71jason

Keeping it within 10 - 15 minutes of somewhere on property ...

Sea Dog Brewing Co. (on Palm Parkway)--an interesting take on "bar food," only serve their own house beers.

The Columbia (in Celebration)--Spanish/Cuban dishes and an atmosphere that reflects "old Florida."

Celebration Town Tavern--family owned, closest thing I've had to authentic New England food down here.

Cafe TuTu Tango (I-Drive)--unique and fun.

Hard Rock Cafe and Margaritaville (CityWalk)--both are touristy, and both are chains, but always have a fun time and a decent meal when I go.

PhilharMagician

Emeril's on City Walk has been incredible every time we have been there.

Besides that I do not see a need to hit any of the commercialized restaurants that I can eat @ when I am home. I prefer to have a dining experience that I cannot have near home.

RozFan

-4 Rivers (Winter Garden location is the closest to Disney)
-Shula Burger(just opened in the Rolling Oak Plaza on Hwy 192)
-Chuy's (across from the plaza mentioned above)
-Yellow Dog Eats (Downtown Windermere-ish)
-TooJays Deli (Sandlake Area)
-Rocco's Taco's (Sandlake Area)
-Cask & Larder (Winter Park)
-Dexter's (Winter Park, fantastic brunch!)

Disnee4Me

There used to be a place (late 80s early 90s) called the A-Train ... it was an actual train turned into a restaurant and it was good!! Did anyone every try it?

Mouse_Trap

capital grill and the bahama breeze on i drive. i've eaten at the bahama breeze on 535 which is closer to dtd but the service isn't as good and the food has been not as great at times unlike their counterpart on i drive which has been consistently good.

Bahama Breeze is definately the best chain restaurant I've been to.
Second that the i-drive location is the best, the new ones are good but just don't have the level of theming and authenticity the older ones do. However, the Lake Buena Vista is a good location too, quite similar to the i-drive iirc.

TamaraQT

We are more of a buffet family so our favorite restaurants are Golden Corral for breakfast and/or dinner. We prefer the one near crossroads, but we have eaten at practically all of them in the area. This year, we discovered Wood Grill Buffet on International Drive. We loved the service and selection there. Steak and Shake is a MUST DO restaurant for us. The burgers are GREAT and the price for meals are very reasonable. Also, the milkshakes are awesome!!! When we are not eating at buffets, or steak and shake, we like BB Kings, The Cheesecake Factory at the Mall at Millenia, Bahama Breeze, and sometimes Cracker Barrel. For fast foods, I think Chik Fil-a is a favorite. We intend to try Jimmy Johns this year. Reading the posts on here has me interested in trying 4Rivers and Shula Burgers. I looked up the menus and I think there is something each of my family members would like to try.

LucyK

I'm trying to decide on a good restaurant for a birthday celebration. Any suggestions? Fish and seafood are preferable.

LucyK

Thank you @NiarrNDisney but I forgot to say I'll be offsite for this portion of the trip and no car. We're going to Discovery Cove as my mom's birthday present and I'd like to take her somewhere nice for dinner but it has to be close to Royal Pacific. Maybe on i-Drive?

71jason

Thank you @NiarrNDisney but I forgot to say I'll be offsite for this portion of the trip and no car. We're going to Discovery Cove as my mom's birthday present and I'd like to take her somewhere nice for dinner but it has to be close to Royal Pacific. Maybe on i-Drive?

Tchoup Chop right there in Royal Pacific would be a great choice.

NiarrNDisney

No problem! I am not very familiar with that area so I really don't have any suggestions for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom