Favorite Part of Wedway Peoplemover

danyoung56

The Peoplemover is in no way the "best" ride in WDW, but I do enjoy it. I really like how, no matter how busy the MK is, you can always get on with only a short wait. And I really like seeing what's left of the Progress City (EPCOT) model. I saw this model way back when it was on the 2nd story of DL's Carousel of Progress. It was much bigger back then, but it's still a pretty impressive model.

ABQ

I liked it when it used to bother to tell you a little bit about itself:

"You're riding aboard a brand new concept in electric transportation. The first to use electric linear induction motors. There are no moving parts in these clean, quiet motors."

Rather than just run around the land, it was a little exposé of a new, at the time, form of motion.

NutsForFlorida

The PeopleMover is my Mom's favorite ride. I like the thrill rides the best, but I like this one too. I don't have a favorite part except you get off your feet for awhile and relax.

Adam Snider

This whole ride is full of nostalgia for me. I went to Disney once when I was younger and this was not only my favorite ride, but really the only thing that I remember. All I remembered was going by the Epcot model and loving it, along with going through Buzz even though I was too scared to go on it for some reason back then. That was back in 1999 and I didn't go back to Magic Kingdom until 2012. (Which now since I got engaged and recently married I go about 2 times a year) Now every time I ride it, it brings back great childhood memories and the feels.

JIMINYCR

A queue where other guests arent trying to cut in line or act bothered by the length of time waiting. Watching people strolling around Tomorrowland, especially in the evening with the lights of the park on. Leisurely moving around the loop at a relaxed pace, no jostling or rocking around. Wondering if I'll get to see SM with the lights on.

kathrynwmurphy

I love the being above the crowd and getting those great bird's eye views of the castle, Main Street, the hub and Tomorrowland. We're usually going so fast through the park that I forget to stop and take it all in. Wedway gives me a moment to stop, take a deep breath, and FEEL the joy that's inside of me!

Like many others I have also enjoyed the various scripts over the years. "Paging Mr. Morrow", "Now approaching Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center", as well as seeing Project City. Love this classic ride!

steviej

The fact that I can go around and around and around while the kids are doing their thing! Love the sights while relaxing!

I can go on it multiple times in a row!

I wish the Peoplemover covered all of WDW. It would be great to take when it gets really crowded.

omg that'd be AMAZING!

Entering the Space Mtn. section! lights on and off.

Until they boarded it all up! Disney sure wasn't thinking of us claustrophobics on that one

Glasgow

"Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders"
We broke down once and had to walk down the track all the way to Mickeys star traders and go down the secret stairs.

Another favorite moment for us was when the castle Xmas lights came on right as we were turning the corner after SGE.

As for favorite "feature" of the ride, I'd have to go with how dynamic it is .. Its very re-rideable.

copcarguyp71

Besides the fact that I get to take a shady respite with a breeze? I would say the simple fact that after all these years this still feels futuristic to me.

I've always said that if they had a WEDWay people mover (yes I am showing my age) in EPCOT that went from the front of the park that meandered in and out of the pavilions and eventually could let you off/on somewhere around Odyssey or Canada with a second station it would be a genius move....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom