Favorite drinks?

yedliW

My wife loves the Grand Marnier slush at France.

I like the juice concoction they serve for breakfast at 'Ohana, it's an orange/pineapple/mango or something mix.. very good!

Oh, and the Dole Whip Float!

Killnme

For Me: a Carl's Combo (it is call a Golden if Carl isn't on duty) from the Rose and Crown
For the Wife: Grand Slush thing from France
Daughter: Peeps Milkshake from the 50's Prime Time.

Otterhead

For Me: a Carl's Combo (it is call a Golden if Carl isn't on duty) from the Rose and Crown
For the Wife: Grand Slush thing from France
Daughter: Peeps Milkshake from the 50's Prime Time.
I'm sort of baffled by all of these things. I get that the Grand Slush is the Grand Marnier, but what's a Golden, and how do they make a Peeps Milkshake? That's one I've never seen.

Killnme

I'm sort of baffled by all of these things. I get that the Grand Slush is the Grand Marnier, but what's a Golden, and how do they make a Peeps Milkshake? That's one I've never seen.

A Carl's Combo is a beer that is half Stella and half Bass. Carl is a well known bartender at The Rose and Crown who pours it. The beer became so popular The Rose and Crown put it on their drink menu and they call it a Golden.

Either this past Easter season or the Easter season before that my daughter got a Peeps Marshmellow Milkshake (it was bright yellow and everything). It might just be a seasonal item, but she loved it!

AndyS2992

Where in Epcot yummmm
It can be found at the Fife and Drum Tavern in the American Pavilion and at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom :) The Magic Kingdom version however is a little different, the ice cream being on top rather than in the middle, more like a Dole Whip float, but with slush rather than pineapple juice

IMG_1945_zps3781f0c2.jpg

PeterMarcus

My wife likes the Grand Marnier slush as well. Also, my wife asked a bartender at Victoria Falls Lounge in the AK Lodge for something raspberry and strong, and the bartender mixed up a French Martini for her (Vodka, Chambord, and Pineapple Juice) and that's now one of my wife's favorites. The Dawa Bar in Africa in AK used to have an African beer called Meta, which I thought was great, but I also loved it because my daughter's name is Meta (she's named after my South African grandmother) and there was a whole meta thing about Meta. But alas, they say they can't source it anymore and I haven't had one there in a few years.

For me, it's not the drink itself -- I'm partial to extra dry Polish vodka martinis, which can be made anywhere as long as the young kid of a bartender doesn't mistake a extra dry martini for a martini with extra gobs of dry vermouth instead of none at all (Winston Churchill said the best martini was made when you whisper the word vermouth over the shaker). Instead, I like scouting out the best locations for a drink at WDW. For what it's worth, my top five places (in randomly changing order) are:

* The aforementioned Victoria Lounge, to hear the water flow by and the comfy seating
* Mizner's Lounge in the Grand Fla, listening to the big band play right outside
* The Belle Vue Lounge in the Boardwalk hotel. Not hugely advertised, but fun atmosphere of old radio shows and nice comfy couches to, well, lounge in.
* Rose and Crown at UK Epcot....just to hear the accents.
* The bluezoo lounge at Swan/Dolphin, to take in the fresh New England seafood smells.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

The Coke Freestyles at Wide World of Sports, and anything at Club Cool that isn't Beverly.

I also have a feeling I'd really like a Dole Whip Float if I ever got one. I love pineapples in general.

JasonDeyoung

It can be found at the Fife and Drum Tavern in the American Pavilion and at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square at Magic Kingdom :) The Magic Kingdom version however is a little different, the ice cream being on top rather than in the middle, more like a Dole Whip float, but with slush rather than pineapple juice

IMG_1945_zps3781f0c2.jpg
That needs to be in my belly

Halloweenhead

Any kind of slush drink they have :) Can't get enough.

I recently learnt about the existence of the 'American Dream' at Epcot and a variation known as the 'Presidential Sweet' at Magic Kingdom which I can't wait to try on my next visit. It's two different flavours of slush mixed in with a layer of ice cream.
AQQohC5.jpg

Wow! That looks amazing, definitely going to get one of these! Also the same colors as the Dutch flag, so I'm sure my girlfriend will be happy.

Sparkle1566

The margaritas are awesome in the Mexican pavilion.
Dole Whips w/Rum = Yum !!!
Long Island Ice Teas at the Sci-fi Theater.
Rosa Regale in Italy.
:happy:

Otterhead

I discovered at some point that several Epcot restaurants have excellent prices on 'flights'.
My two favorites:
- The single malt scotch flight at Rose & Crown. For $18 you get three pours: Glenkinchie, Oban, and Lagavulin.
- The mezcal flight at La Cava del Tequila. I think it was $20 for three pours of Ilegal mezcal: joven, reposado, and añejo, served with salt, lime, and a spicy tomato juice shooter.

Killnme

Avocado Margarita at La Cava Del Tequila. It's like the best hipster green smoothie in the history of the world.

My wife sent me in there to get her that drink. No problem I am a good husband. Didn't know that damn thing was $15 bucks. I told her from now on she can NEVER complain about any drink I buy until it goes over the $15 mark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom