FastPass+ open to all guests at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Epcot next week

71jason

Yesterday--a Monday in traditionally one of the slowest weeks of the year--my friend rolled up to DHS around 3:00. Busier than expected, but an entire parking lot and a half remained empty, so nowhere near a holiday crowd. She was told every FastPass had been distributed. Not just the headliners, even stuff like Voyage of the Little Mermaid. CM implied this had been the case for quite some time that day.

Knowing that no FP are being held back for same-day distribution, and that APs are about to be added to the mix, I now feel confident saying come this Summer, no day guest will be getting a Tier 1 FP.

disney4life2008

Yesterday--a Monday in traditionally one of the slowest weeks of the year--my friend rolled up to DHS around 3:00. Busier than expected, but an entire parking lot and a half remained empty, so nowhere near a holiday crowd. She was told every FastPass had been distributed. Not just the headliners, even stuff like Voyage of the Little Mermaid. CM implied this had been the case for quite some time that day.

Knowing that no FP are being held back for same-day distribution, and that APs are about to be added to the mix, I now feel confident saying come this Summer, no day guest will be getting a Tier 1 FP.

The problem is that you must select 3 attractions and if you do not want - the system will give you 3 selections anyway. By 3pm on a non busy day I would expect TSMM to be gone but usually ToT and RnRC has late evening times.

And you are right - this summer will be a mess.

71jason

The problem is that you must select 3 attractions and if you do not want - the system will give you 3 selections anyway.

Only used it late at MK, assumed the CM was just being overly helpful, did not realize this. You're absolutely right, then, for every TSMM FP someone wants, there is probably a Backstage Tour or Little Mermaid FP the guest has zero intention of using.

Redhawk

TSMM stand-by only as of 10AM on a Tues in February. That is all.
We usually go to the parks at this slow time of year and Toy Story is always gone by about 10 a.m., however, we have no problem getting multiple ToT paper FPs during the afternoon.

If those are now gone early in the morning or not available at all, this is definitely a big change.

Last edited:

MGMBoy

Wow, we usually go to the parks at this slow time of year and Toy Story is always gone by about 10 a.m., however, we have no problem getting multiple ToT paper FPs during the afternoon.

This is definitely a big change.

Who wants to take an over/under on when (if ever) they will come to their senses on this?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Express Pass, especially for those who stay onsite, always has been a vastly superior product.

Show up at any attraction anytime you want. No preplanning, no return times, no dashing about the park, no strategizing selections. At Universal, pay for the product and then just enjoy yourself.

Clearly, that's a superior product to either FP or FP+.

FP's only advantage was that it was included in the price of admission. Now, Disney is taking steps to monetize it.

Not only is Disney's product inferior but now (like Universal) they intend to either indirectly (through onsite stays) or directly charge for it.

Slam dunk, Universal now has the better product.

I'd have to agree and it's because the Express Pass embodies the KISS principle, Have a valid one got to the special entrance - no planning, no clocks, no designated runners, to quote Steve Jobs "it just works"

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What the commercial forgot to show is: If you hold up your MagicBand at the right point in EE, the YETI WORKS in A mode again, just for your train - YAYYY MagicBand!

Unfortunately, there's a catch. As the commercial indicates, Lumiere has to be on the ride with you for the Yeti to function. So without Lumiere, it's B mode STROBE LIGHT Yeti as usual! Booooo... Why did you forsake me Lumiere?

Lumiere is looking for ooo la la...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom