Fastpass confusion...

SamJYung

I'm a little confused at something, it may just be me being a bit daft, but all this fastpass stuff is a lot different from when I went last time with linking tickets and online now!

Basically, we are travelling to Orlando on the 22nd, which makes 30 days before that in a few days. Non-resort guests (which we are) can book 30 days in advance right? We aren't actually due to visit a Disney property which for us, would be on the 27th. I Was hoping to make our fastpass reservations 30 days before the start of holiday, and not the date of our first visit...is this just how it works?

We have a reservation at BoG for lunch on the 27th, so at first, I was thinking that the website automatically assumed that was the 'start' of our holiday. The countdown of days on the website says 37, and that would be correct if the 27th was the start of our vacation but It's not, the 22nd is! Which is why the whole 30 day before holiday thing kinda confused me.

So what they really mean is, 30 days before your actual visit to a Disney property? It kinda makes sense for it work like that when I look at it, I suppose I was just hoping to get my fastpasses booked earlier!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As an offsite guest, you can only book your fastpasses one day at a time at 30 days (or less) before you visit a park. Disney doesn't care when the start of your vacation is, only the day you plan to visit one of their parks.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm a little confused at something, it may just be me being a bit daft, but all this fastpass stuff is a lot different from when I went last time with linking tickets and online now!

Basically, we are travelling to Orlando on the 22nd, which makes 30 days before that in a few days. Non-resort guests (which we are) can book 30 days in advance right? We aren't actually due to visit a Disney property which for us, would be on the 27th. I Was hoping to make our fastpass reservations 30 days before the start of holiday, and not the date of our first visit...is this just how it works?

We have a reservation at BoG for lunch on the 27th, so at first, I was thinking that the website automatically assumed that was the 'start' of our holiday. The countdown of days on the website says 37, and that would be correct if the 27th was the start of our vacation but It's not, the 22nd is! Which is why the whole 30 day before holiday thing kinda confused me.

So what they really mean is, 30 days before your actual visit to a Disney property? It kinda makes sense for it work like that when I look at it, I suppose I was just hoping to get my fastpasses booked earlier!
This will help with your timelines

http://www.wdwmagic.com/reservation-calculator.htm

Upvote 0

SamJYung

Original Poster
As an offsite guest, you can only book your fastpasses one day at a time at 30 days (or less) before you visit a park. Disney doesn't care when the start of your vacation is, only the day you plan to visit one of their parks.

I didn't ask if Disney would 'care' when the start of my vacation is, but thanks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom