Fashionista! Rompers, yay? Or nay?

21stamps

I dunno I would rather a pair of cargo shorts than skinny shorts that are ill fitting. Plus they are handy for the parks.

Now men in jorts on the other hand....

Rompers though. I'm a 40 year old woman and wore them as a child, so my thoughts are if I did the trend once I don't need to do it twice. Plus they are a pain to get in and out of in the bathroom.

I'm 39 and wear them to dinner, a lounge, or to an amusement park.lol. I did wear them as a child as well though. I will never return to my haircut back then ;)

OP- I am talking about daytime rompers for the parks, not the nicer ones that you would wear out in the evening.. I've never had an issue getting in or out of a casual romper. Night time ones are a bit more restricting, but I'll go with my original assumption that you weren't referring to those.

(Waiting for @CaptainAmerica 's criticism again..) ha ha. Leggings, rompers, I'm all about comfort.

correcaminos

I'm 39 and wear them to dinner, a lounge, or to an amusement park.lol. I did wear them as a child as well though. I will never return to my haircut back then ;)

OP- I am talking about daytime rompers for the parks, not the nicer ones that you would wear out in the evening.. I've never had an issue getting in or out of a casual romper. Night time ones are a bit more restricting, but I'll go with my original assumption that you weren't referring to those.

(Waiting for @CaptainAmerica 's criticism again..) ha ha. Leggings, rompers, I'm all about comfort.
I just hated wearing them as a child. They are such a pain to deal with in the bathroom, but I always worry that it will fall or touch the toilet as it hangs down. Just like 1 piece suits. I will never go there again! You can find me in dresses pretty much every day at the park though so it's not a style thing, but an ease thing. edit: to add I find public restrooms icky and avoid as much as possible, and when I do I don't like things getting close to touching things and rompers just come too close to that. Again they're cute, but that aspect keeps me from wearing in parks. Well if they fit me better, being short they're always too ill fittingly long on me now LOL

My hair cut back then was long though I had bangs. I won't do that again but the length isn't too far off - just lots more layers LOL

21stamps

I just hated wearing them as a child. They are such a pain to deal with in the bathroom, but I always worry that it will fall or touch the toilet as it hangs down. Just like 1 piece suits. I will never go there again! You can find me in dresses pretty much every day at the park though so it's not a style thing, but an ease thing. edit: to add I find public restrooms icky and avoid as much as possible, and when I do I don't like things getting close to touching things and rompers just come too close to that. Again they're cute, but that aspect keeps me from wearing in parks. Well if they fit me better, being short they're always too ill fittingly long on me now LOL

My hair cut back then was long though I had bangs. I won't do that again but the length isn't too far off - just lots more layers LOL

I had a bowl cut. It was hideous.
And, I will never forgive my mother for that time period. ;)

I love dresses, always pack several, always come home with them unworn.lol. Another suggestion for the OP though, I did wear a short beach skirt one day with running shorts underneath. The fabric is perfect, but I don't recommend for MK, definitely not space mountain.lol

correcaminos

I had a bowl cut. It was hideous.
And, I will never forgive my mother for that time period. ;)

I love dresses, always pack several, always come home with them unworn.lol. Another suggestion for the OP though, I did wear a short beach skirt one day with running shorts underneath. The fabric is perfect, but I don't recommend for MK, definitely not space mountain.lol
A la Dorothy Hamill? I never had that thank goodness. I did have one shorter hair cut when I was 8 and we went to Europe for the summer so my mom thought one short haired daughter out of 2 would be easier (we both have a ton of hair). They thought I was a boy - never again! It was grown out immediately so no one at school saw it LOL

I have a few dresses from PrAna which are more athletic in style. I also have some easy fitted ones from various places (Old Navy, Loft, Nordstrom etc) that are more like the shirt dresses in style which are comfortable and still cute. I do not really like shorts as I don't like my legs after a massive weight loss and have looser skin there. Almost wish it would've been my torso but that's not where I carried my weight. So skirts are longer and can hide what I don't like as much. I do have shorts but I rarely wear them.

21stamps

A la Dorothy Hamill? I never had that thank goodness. I did have one shorter hair cut when I was 8 and we went to Europe for the summer so my mom thought one short haired daughter out of 2 would be easier (we both have a ton of hair). They thought I was a boy - never again! It was grown out immediately so no one at school saw it LOL

I have a few dresses from PrAna which are more athletic in style. I also have some easy fitted ones from various places (Old Navy, Loft, Nordstrom etc) that are more like the shirt dresses in style which are comfortable and still cute. I do not really like shorts as I don't like my legs after a massive weight loss and have looser skin there. Almost wish it would've been my torso but that's not where I carried my weight. So skirts are longer and can hide what I don't like as much. I do have shorts but I rarely wear them.

Yes, it was HIDEOUS. I still give my mom a hard time about it. Seeing photos makes me question her love for me. ;)

I totally feel ya on the dresses/skirts..I'm not a big shorts person...most of them don't fit me correctly and just look bad. Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Otterhead

I just hated wearing them as a child. They are such a pain to deal with in the bathroom, but I always worry that it will fall or touch the toilet as it hangs down.
I've seen some places selling adult-sized rompers and one-piece outfits with snaps/buttons to make things much easier in the bathroom.

becca_

You can be fashionable at the parks and not have to just wear tank tops and shorts (since you deem that less fashionable).

While I wouldn't want a romper for the bathroom issue (I so *hated* that as a kid) I love wearing cute clothes. I'm a dress gal though and that's what you normally can find me wearing in parks. Just as cute and cozy as a romper but not needing to remove it just to pee. That's seriously my only issue with them :)
I just meant less "fashionable" than a romper. Kudos to those who wear dresses to the parks!! I just can't do it myself :)

correcaminos

Yes, it was HIDEOUS. I still give my mom a hard time about it. Seeing photos makes me question her love for me. ;)

I totally feel ya on the dresses/skirts..I'm not a big shorts person...most of them don't fit me correctly and just look bad. Congrats on the weight loss!!!
OMG that just cracked me up - I'm sure we thought a lot at the time was super fashionable. Just like my most unfavorite terry cloth sailor zip up rompers we had. That should be great!

Thanks though for the kind comment. I lost the weight ages ago, and managed to keep it off (including 2 pregnancies) so while I am proud of that I still get a bit self conscious. The short thing is a real issue with shorts. I found a pair I liked okay by Caslon - not too short but not too long. I'd do Bermuda style though if they didn't look ridiculous on me.

I've seen some places selling adult-sized rompers and one-piece outfits with snaps/buttons to make things much easier in the bathroom.
Are you sure that wasn't for 'adult' type situations? Sorry that sounds awful. Only my body suits had snaps, but I cannot see those being safe for adults. They popped off enough on the body suits as well as on the baby clothes that had them for my offspring.

Otterhead

Are you sure that wasn't for 'adult' type situations? Sorry that sounds awful.
The ones I've seen were made to be durable as well as discreet and comfortable. I haven't worn one so I can't say how they'd be, really. As far as any 'adult' uses, that'd definitely be up to the wearer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom