Fashionista! Rompers, yay? Or nay?

Miss.Queenie

Original Poster
So I recently rediscover my love of rompers! And I was thinking of purchasing a few for my next trip in May 2018.

Last time I was at Disney world back in July 2016 I didn’t recall seeing anyone else wearing any rompers. Is there a reason for this?

belledream

I think rompers are really cute, but they're actually not my favorites to wear at WDW. Because bathroom. It's really annoying to take the top off to go potty! :hilarious:

Allym146

I'm going in october and plan on bringing 1or 2. I watch tom and sophie youtube Disney vlogs and rompers are almost all she wears. She always looks so cute and much more put together at the parks than I ever do haha.

In the sunmer I would be wary of rompers that are a silky material though. I feel like that would make me sooo sweaty:arghh:.

danyoung56

I have a co-worker who has a thing against cargo shorts - HATES THEM with the heat of a blazing white hot sun. Don't know why, but that's how he feels. I was a bit intimidated by this, till I paid attention walking around and realized how many guys still wear them. That's all I wear on vacation, and I'm most comfortable. As long as I'm not standing out wearing old guy stuff, I'm fine.

righttrack

Now there are romphims for men, lol

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/106904571/the-romphimtm-your-new-favorite-summer-outfit

I am a dude and no I would never wear one, but I travel with women that do. I think like anything that includes your torso height some of these fit people better than others. If you've got a long torso, it could end up your crotch after being jostled around on a ride. Depends on how it fits. Also, don't you have to take it off to use the bathroom? Wouldn't that negate any convenience of wearing it?

ABQ

I am a dude and no I would never wear one, but I travel with women that do. I think like anything that includes your torso height some of these fit people better than others. If you've got a long torso, it could end up your crotch after being jostled around on a ride. Depends on how it fits. Also, don't you have to take it off to use the bathroom? Wouldn't that negate any convenience of wearing it?
Heh, heh, that's what my GF and I noticed last trip, lots of romper wedgies, both sides of the coin, if you understand my implication.

CaptainAmerica

Heh, heh, that's what my GF and I noticed last trip, lots of romper wedgies, both sides of the coin, if you understand my implication.
Jack-Sparrow-and-Will-Turner-react.gif

Otterhead

I have a co-worker who has a thing against cargo shorts
I just recently discovered this myself -- as a dude who's been wearing cargo shorts for years, and thought nothing of it, it was a surprise when a female friend of mine told me how horrible they were and that the internet says they're so out of style that only losers wear them, etc, etc. I had no idea they were considered ugly or bad somehow, I just thought they were useful and comfortable. Shows what I know!

ABQ

I just recently discovered this myself -- as a dude who's been wearing cargo shorts for years, and thought nothing of it, it was a surprise when a female friend of mine told me how horrible they were and that the internet says they're so out of style that only losers wear them, etc, etc. I had no idea they were considered ugly or bad somehow, I just thought they were useful and comfortable. Shows what I know!
I'm sure @danyoung56 recalls this wonderful thread: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ess-at-a-signature.916253/page-5#post-7358581

correcaminos

I dunno I would rather a pair of cargo shorts than skinny shorts that are ill fitting. Plus they are handy for the parks.

Now men in jorts on the other hand....

Rompers though. I'm a 40 year old woman and wore them as a child, so my thoughts are if I did the trend once I don't need to do it twice. Plus they are a pain to get in and out of in the bathroom.

wendysue

I would just do what YOU feel comfortable with. I do not let anyone dictate what I wear, nor would I do that to someone else. Too many sheeple in the world, just following blindly along with what a few decide is right.

JChoma

I wouldn't feel comfortable in a romper on rides and because I'd feel like George Constanza getting totally undressed to use the bathroom. Lol.
Regarding cargo shorts, my husband swears by them as the ultimate in dad storage. It's kind of astounding how much he gets in those pockets. And it works out for me....less to haul around in my purse! So fashion sense be damned, I'll still support the cargos. But romphims are a 200% no....

becca_

I feel like rompers tend to either ride up or slide down too much, I'd rather just be "less fashionable" and more comfortable in a tank top & shorts

danyoung56

Regarding cargo shorts, my husband swears by them as the ultimate in dad storage. It's kind of astounding how much he gets in those pockets.....

It makes it a problem going through security, especially the way things have changed at the Magic Kingdom. I have to spend 2 or 3 minutes just unpacking all those pockets, and then 2 or 3 minutes putting myself back together again. What a pain!

21stamps

So I recently rediscover my love of rompers! And I was thinking of purchasing a few for my next trip in May 2018.

Last time I was at Disney world back in July 2016 I didn’t recall seeing anyone else wearing any rompers. Is there a reason for this?

I wear rompers!!! I vote YAY!
Super comfy, easy, perfect. :).

I didn't wear them in 2016 because it was winter, but I did in 2015 and wear them to our local amusement park.

correcaminos

I feel like rompers tend to either ride up or slide down too much, I'd rather just be "less fashionable" and more comfortable in a tank top & shorts
You can be fashionable at the parks and not have to just wear tank tops and shorts (since you deem that less fashionable).

While I wouldn't want a romper for the bathroom issue (I so *hated* that as a kid) I love wearing cute clothes. I'm a dress gal though and that's what you normally can find me wearing in parks. Just as cute and cozy as a romper but not needing to remove it just to pee. That's seriously my only issue with them :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom