Fantasyland Aerials (July 5)

JordanKing

It will look strikingly similar to this:

RapunzelPlaza.jpg
Oh WOW! This looks great. :eek:

Stupido

Say what?! That is absolutely outrageous! I'm so excited for this to happen. I love that TDO is finally taking the most memorable scenes from the movies, and literally bringing them to life for us to experience. I can't wait to see this in person!

Weather_Lady

For the movie parallel - here's the scene. Skip to 1:20 for the mosaic, 1:45 for the stone courtyard and 2:22 for what it looks like after Rapunzel colors it. The film's finale also features glimpses of the same courtyard design.

Animaniac93-98

So they're not going to use that trademark reddish-borwn WDW pavement for the area and actually do something themed and detailed? :eek: I like what I see! :D

Maybe one day the rest of FL can be re-done to this quality instead of just having patches of work to select areas.

Tom

Beta Return
So they're not going to use that trademark reddish-borwn WDW pavement for the area and actually do something themed and detailed? :eek: I like what I see! :D

Maybe one day the rest of FL can be re-done to this quality instead of just having patches of work to select areas.

It's actually going to be the colored version, similar to how it looked after she colored it in the movie. Dark and light yellow for the sun, and purples for the silhouettes and pieces outside the sun.

Nice mosiac, espeically considering its for the pavement. At a bathroom!

Any chance they would employ the fiber optic technology from Epcot and have it light up/change color at night? Now that would be cool!

I don't believe so, but there will be some fancy light fixtures in the center of it. There will be a circular bench in the middle, with plantings in the center and the bench all around, facing out. And there will be 3 light poles with fanciful ornamental hanging lights.

Now that's pretty effing elaborate...

Indeed. While this won't be an attraction, it's going to be pretty hard for someone to NOT be impressed with the final product. Again, we must ignore that it's purely a restroom and relaxation area, but they could have taken the cheap way out (*cough* Tomorrowland Skyway Restrooms *cough*), but they did not. This area is going to look absolutely fantastic when it's done.

They're using more building materials than I think I've seen in one Disney project in a long time. Wrought iron, split rail fence, gothic wooden and stone features, lots of stone, and lots of wood. There will also be lots of landscaping (over 30 trees, by my count), a bridge, and a 2-tier waterfall, stream and pond.

Rapunzel's tower, by the way, is going to stand over 40' tall (the tower itself) on top of the hill.

hpyhnt 1000

It's actually going to be the colored version, similar to how it looked after she colored it in the movie. Dark and light yellow for the sun, and purples for the silhouettes and pieces outside the sun.

I don't believe so, but there will be some fancy light fixtures in the center of it. There will be a circular bench in the middle, with plantings in the center and the bench all around, facing out. And there will be 3 light poles with fanciful ornamental hanging lights.

Indeed. While this won't be an attraction, it's going to be pretty hard for someone to NOT be impressed with the final product. Again, we must ignore that it's purely a restroom and relaxation area, but they could have taken the cheap way out (*cough* Tomorrowland Skyway Restrooms *cough*), but they did not. This area is going to look absolutely fantastic when it's done.

They're using more building materials than I think I've seen in one Disney project in a long time. Wrought iron, split rail fence, gothic wooden and stone features, lots of stone, and lots of wood. There will also be lots of landscaping (over 30 trees, by my count), a bridge, and a 2-tier waterfall, stream and pond.

Rapunzel's tower, by the way, is going to stand over 40' tall (the tower itself) on top of the hill.

Is it wrong for me to be more excited about these restrooms than Mermaid or the Mine Coaster?

Tom

Beta Return
Is it wrong for me to be more excited about these restrooms than Mermaid or the Mine Coaster?

Having seen the plans....no. This level of detail hasn't been offered up by Disney since.....um.....maybe Tower of Terror? As far as total immersion, every inch of the project being detailed or themed.

FLE will also look extremely nice, I just wish the expense of the exterior were going toward something more miraculous on the interior. Same for the restrooms. They're spending a literal fortune to build two potty buildings. I'm VERY happy, but just wish there was a D or E ticket hiding inside.

Weather_Lady

Having seen the plans....no. This level of detail hasn't been offered up by Disney since.....um.....maybe Tower of Terror? As far as total immersion, every inch of the project being detailed or themed.

FLE will also look extremely nice, I just wish the expense of the exterior were going toward something more miraculous on the interior. Same for the restrooms. They're spending a literal fortune to build two potty buildings. I'm VERY happy, but just wish there was a D or E ticket hiding inside.

...or a meet 'n greet, with Rapunzel perched on one of the "thrones." ;)

Mike730

Sooo like this??
tangled___chalk_mural_by_blakem15192-d3v1k4u.png

This Sounds REALLY awesome. I'm glad the tower has some size to it.

Tom

Beta Return
...or a meet 'n greet, with Rapunzel perched on one of the "thrones." ;)

Heh.

Sooo like this??
tangled___chalk_mural_by_blakem15192-d3v1k4u.png

This Sounds REALLY awesome. I'm glad the tower has some size to it.

More like that than just gray stones, yes. Less detail, because the people will just be solid colors (I believe), but yes, a lot like that.

This plaza is getting more and more exciting all the time. Thanks for all the info edwardtc! :)

Is it sad that we're excited over a plaza and crapper? I think so, BUT, I see it as some creativity and immersive theming coming back to the park too.

Mike730

Heh.

More like that than just gray stones, yes. Less detail, because the people will just be solid colors (I believe), but yes, a lot like that.
Well that certainly works for me. I cant wait to see the details coming together.

Is it sad that we're excited over a plaza and crapper? I think so, BUT, I see it as some creativity and immersive theming coming back to the park too.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. While there's aways room to criticize on what could have been (since all WDW projects get slashed to some extent these days), It would be nearly impossible to complain about a lack of refurbishments or development of new attractions at the current time. The only thing to hope for now is for the love to keep on flowin'.

Scuttle

Nice mosiac, espeically considering its for the pavement. At a bathroom!

Any chance they would employ the fiber optic technology from Epcot and have it light up/change color at night? Now that would be cool!

That would be pretty cool, but it's not happening. As I keep saying this area is amazing when it comes to the amount of detail going into it. My favorite is going to be the "stump seating" area.

Is it sad that I am more excited about this than I was/am for Storybook Circus?

dreamscometrue

That would be pretty cool, but it's not happening. As I keep saying this area is amazing when it comes to the amount of detail going into it. My favorite is going to be the "stump seating" area.

Is it sad that I am more excited about this than I was/am for Storybook Circus?

I'm looking forward to this stump seating area too...it's sounds somewhat intriguing.

No, it's not sad. :) This is the kind of attention to detail, quality of materials, and theming that got many of us so enamoured with Disney Parks in the first place. Be excited...I am too.

DisneyWall-E

Just... WOW! Looks to be amazing. My daughter will absolutly love this area. I can hear her now "Daddy, I wanna go potty with Rapunzel!"

jjharvpro

I CANNOT wait for this..I can't describe how excited I am for this entire project, but even just this Tangled area.. My question is -- why has Disney not announced it yet? When will they? Any details on those questions?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I CANNOT wait for this..I can't describe how excited I am for this entire project, but even just this Tangled area.. My question is -- why has Disney not announced it yet? When will they? Any details on those questions?

Probably because it's just going to be restrooms, not something really worthy of a press release.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom