Fantasyland Aerials (July 5)

J03Y

It does. The plans definitely identify a Tangled/Rapunzel theme.
That post on OTPN is utterly incorrect,

oh okay! i was confused :confused:

now what's this i hear about the restrooms being themed after the Snuggly Duckling? o_O

Lee

Adventurer
it's the pub from Tangled. idk i heard about it browsing through threads
I looked it up.
The pub in the film appears to be...um...kinda lopsided and odd looking. I don't see that in the restroom plans. I'll look closer...

EDIT: Nope. The restrooms look nothing like that pub in the film.

dreamscometrue

I looked it up.
The pub in the film appears to be...um...kinda lopsided and odd looking. I don't see that in the restroom plans. I'll look closer...

EDIT: Nope. The restrooms look nothing like that pub in the film.

You better check those plans again Lee. I heard that the tower is really going to be a giant phallic symbol 'beacon' so people really know it's a bathroom, and can see it all over the park. Maybe just a rumour perhaps. ;)

WED Purist

comment on otpn...

Hey OTPN,

Not to burst your bubble or anything but the new area will have no ties to tangled. I am a construction worker in the area who has worked on this project since we tore down the older skyway building. It will be strictly a new rest area with two themed building (one for men, one for women). In front of the area will be a large tree covered stroller parking area. There will be a small, meandering path that goes down to where the Haunted Mansion is. There it will cross over a small wooden bridge that crosses over a small stream that connects to a small waterfall (to act as a buffer/transitionary line between Liberty Square and Fantasyland). If you look at the actual buildings in your shots you can even see the pipes being laid in the foundation for the bathrooms.

That tower that you speak of is just going to be a standard looking tower themed like the towers all over fantasyland.

Once again sorry! Keep up with the great updates though!

But I thought construction workers signed a confidentiality agreement that didn't let them tell the details of a project to the public.

Weather_Lady

Yeah, I went back and looked at the plans. There is a "Rapunzel Tower" up on the hill, and the area in front of the restrooms is called "Rapunzel's Plaza".
(Shows how much attention I've been paying to this project, huh?:confused: )

There is also a "D-Zone" area in the front. This is the same name as is being used for the seating area in Storybook Circus. Must be a new code name for "Place for Tired Parents to Sit."

That's the forced perspective tower up on the hill there...

Ooooh! Maybe the "Plaza" will be themed after the festival scene in the film (where Rapunzel is dancing with the city residents), with the mosaic of the king, queen and "Lost Princess"!

Tom

Beta Return
Ooooh! Maybe the "Plaza" will be themed after the festival scene in the film (where Rapunzel is dancing with the city residents), with the mosaic of the king, queen and "Lost Princess"!

It will look strikingly similar to this:

RapunzelPlaza.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom