Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

JoFu

I wonder when dining packages will return to the site. I have a pretty limited window to see it in and I'd like to ensure I get to.

Update: According to unsubstantiated rumors on Reddit, reservations may be makable starting July 6th.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I think the fact the Freshbaked is the only place I've heard the "Fantrashmic" from- I mean, not even the micechat rumor update had anything negative to say (which is a first), is somewhat promising. I don't even know how reliable freshbaked is, I don't follow them.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

Curious Constance

Can we stop with all the passive aggressive comments? God forbid someone voice a mild concern based upon personal observations.

Did we become MiceChat somehow?

Personally speaking, I have no issue with your mild crowd control concerns on Main St. As I've mentioned before, I too feel Disneyland needs to take whatever steps needed to help ease congestion from parades and fireworks. What I do take issue with is your claims that more than half of the people in the park are throwing babies and elderly people around, calling lawyers as they exit the park, and that it's all Disney's fault. You can't just say things like that and expect no one to question it.

Professortango1

Personally speaking, I have no issue with your mild crowd control concerns on Main St. As I've mentioned before, I too feel Disneyland needs to take whatever steps needed to help ease congestion from parades and fireworks. What I do take issue with is your claims that more than half of the people in the park are throwing babies and elderly people around, calling lawyers as they exit the park, and that it's all Disney's fault. You can't just say things like that and expect no one to question it.

Let's not put false claims in my mouth, please. I never said that more than half the people are throwing babies or elderly folks around. I never said anyone was calling lawyers. I said I've personally seen altercations arise about 60% of the time when I visit, a little over half. Not 60% of people, 60% of visits. I never said they all escalate to the point of people being harmed, but I have seen strollers topple over and I have seen a person pushed into an elderly couple. These are just facts. If you don't like them, that doesn't change the fact they are still facts. If Disney continues to poorly manage their nighttime crowd flow, these instances will continue. Unsolved problems don't become fixed. If such instances as I have seen resulted in more serious injuries, I'm sure litigation would arise. I simply asked how many such law suits would it take to show a pattern of negligence which would prompt Disney to change how they manage their nighttime spectaculars.

TP2000

I think the fact the Freshbaked is the only place I've heard the "Fantrashmic" from- I mean, not even the micechat rumor update had anything negative to say (which is a first), is somewhat promising. I don't even know how reliable freshbaked is, I don't follow them.

I remain cautiously optimistic.

Exactly. If the latest Miceage Update today has positive stuff to say about it, that's about as good of a recommendation as you can get.

Fresh Baked Disney Bears Without Day Jobs is the only place that mentioned a negative review of early test rehearsals. Quite frankly, if those guys don't like it that means I'm going to LOVE it.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Let's not put false claims in my mouth, please. I never said that more than half the people are throwing babies or elderly folks around. I never said anyone was calling lawyers. I said I've personally seen altercations arise about 60% of the time when I visit, a little over half. Not 60% of people, 60% of visits. I never said they all escalate to the point of people being harmed, but I have seen strollers topple over and I have seen a person pushed into an elderly couple. These are just facts. If you don't like them, that doesn't change the fact they are still facts. If Disney continues to poorly manage their nighttime crowd flow, these instances will continue. Unsolved problems don't become fixed. If such instances as I have seen resulted in more serious injuries, I'm sure litigation would arise. I simply asked how many such law suits would it take to show a pattern of negligence which would prompt Disney to change how they manage their nighttime spectaculars.

I'm going to ask, have these 60% visits been only within the last 24 months? Specifically only within 2015/2016? Have any of those actually been within 2017 when crowding has not been much of an issue?

Professortango1

I'm going to ask, have these 60% visits been only within the last 24 months? Specifically only within 2015/2016? Have any of those actually been within 2017 when crowding has not been much of an issue?

This was before they closed the train, so its been a little while. I have avoided Disneyland in the evenings since the train has been down as, personally, its too frustrating to navigate so I look forward to seeing the park at night again in August.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
As I mentioned earlier, this was before they closed the train, so its been a little while. I have avoided Disneyland in the evenings since the train has been down as its too frustrating to navigate so I look forward to seeing the park at night again in August.

So I'll guess your 60% visits of seeing issues happening was just isolated to summer 2015. Because by your own admission you have avoided Disneyland at night since January 2016.

So what you experienced was the rare convergence of the 60th anniversary, the debut of a new nighttime parade, and debut of a new fireworks shows all in one. So this is really not the norm or just business as usually for Disney. I can say that 2016 had lighter crowds than 2015 at night. And can say even more that 2017 has had even lighter crowds so far than 2015 or 2016 at night.

Now we will see what happens with F! returning what it does with crowds at night. But I will venture to guess that it will be no where near as bad in Main St area as it was in 2015.

SuddenStorm

User dlrcm said this on micechat:

"Correct. Basically from chernabog on, the show is the same. The ENTIRE sound track sounds a bit different and yeah they brought A LOT of Tokyo into this version. They pretty much pulled stuff from WOC, Tokyo, and Disneyland Forever. So, I like to call it the Fantasmic World of Tokyo Forever!"

So, it seems like our suspicions that all Davison is capable of is recycling the same segments have been somewhat confirmed.

Now, all that matters is whether or not these segments work to make Fantasmic! better than it was before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom