Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

dlpwishes

Hoping the Genie segment is more focused around the lamp/cave of wonders than 'Never had a friend'... that song appears WAY too often in nighttime shows now

Figments Friend

Breathing a slight sigh of relief , as there was no mention of 'Frozen' being included.
Fingers crossed it stays that way.
There is enough exposure of that element elsewhere in the Parks.

Maybe this is just because the writer of the article does not consider it one of 'our favorite movies'...?
Good call.
:p

-

brb1006

Breathing a slight sigh of relief , as there was no mention of 'Frozen' being included.
Fingers crossed it stays that way.
There is enough exposure of that element elsewhere in the Parks.

Maybe this is just because the writer of the article does not consider it one of 'our favorite movies'...?
Good call.
:p

-
I hope the new Fantasmic gains a moving Mickey head.

Figments Friend

I hope the new Fantasmic gains a moving Mickey head.

I would say that is pretty much a given at this point.
Most staged productions in the Parks now have the newer 'look' with animated features.

The exception being Disneyland's 'Mickey & the Magical Map'.
It is the only place where you can still see 'old' Mickey.
They cannot change the character to his 'new look' due to the video element effects used throughout the Show.
The 'old' version performing on stage has to match the 'old' version used in the video elements.
All new video elements showing the 'new' Mickey would have to be done and added to the production for a 'new' Mickey to appear onstage.
That has yet to happen...if ever at this point....with this Show.

'Fantasmic!!' will not have that problem, as the new show will be a completely refreshed production with 'current' Mickey.

-

jrhwdw

Seems like the post on the D23 website is deleted. Maybe someone jumped the gun again on it like they did with the MSEP Extension announcement?
Maybe they forgot an opening date? Any one know how's Fantasmic(IDK whether to use 2 ! or not! )doing?

brb1006

I would say that is pretty much a given at this point.
Most staged productions in the Parks now have the newer 'look' with animated features.

The exception being Disneyland's 'Mickey & the Magical Map'.
It is the only place where you can still see 'old' Mickey.
They cannot change the character to his 'new look' due to the video element effects used throughout the Show.
The 'old' version performing on stage has to match the 'old' version used in the video elements.
All new video elements showing the 'new' Mickey would have to be done and added to the production for a 'new' Mickey to appear onstage.
That has yet to happen...if ever at this point....with this Show.

'Fantasmic!!' will not have that problem, as the new show will be a completely refreshed production with 'current' Mickey.

-
With new lines by the current voice of Mickey.

Nland316

Original Poster
I recently read a rumor on Twitter saying that the Pink Elephants are still part of the show. Instead of puppets however, it'll be done using projection mapping. I also read that fans of the show will either love it, or hate it. Very few in betweens.

TP2000

I love how the writer mentioned scenes from our favorite "films" and referred to Tangled as "Rapunzel."

Looking forward to more news.

What a joke. Even I knew that movie, er... "film" as they call it, was called Tangled. :rolleyes:

The author of that article, Nicole Nalty - a "Content Producer" for Disney and graduate of the University of San Francisco with a BA in Communications of all things https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolenalty/ finally went back and corrected her mistake. I'm sure she got some emails.

GiveMeTheMusic

What a joke. Even I knew that movie, er... "film" as they call it, was called Tangled. :rolleyes:

The author of that article, Nicole Nalty - a "Content Producer" for Disney and graduate of the University of San Francisco with a BA in Communications of all things https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolenalty/ finally went back and corrected her mistake. I'm sure she got some emails.

LOL - @TP2000 will find you!

TP2000

LOL - @TP2000 will find you!

Hee hee! :D I admit, I am in a saucy mood today...

But if the precious little darling is going to put her byline on a public article and not expect to be called out on a bonehead mistake like calling the "film" Rapunzel instead of Tangled, then she shouldn't broadcast her career to the world on a Linkedin profile (she's also on Twitter and other Social Media, purposely letting the world see where she is, what she does with her time each day, and how she thinks). If Nicole Nalty doesn't want the world to know her and her mistakes, she should use a nom de plume for her public articles different from her multiple unlocked Social Media accounts.

And yes, eons ago in the last century I was on the high school newspaper. We used rubber cement to literally paste together each issue on a giant plywood easel back then. And my high school journalism teacher had very strict rules on using the AP Style Guide and double-checking your sources and triple-checking the nomenclature, punctuation and spelling of any title, place name or proper name.

I have no idea what a young student like Miss Nalty at the University of San Francisco circa 2012 is taught in a "Communications" course of work (Communications with what, or whom? And how?), but apparently double-checking titles and names is not one of the skills taught. :cool:

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I adore you, TP. Looking up her Linkedin and everything... Love it!

All writers, publishers, etc. must always go back and revise, revise, revise. Then again, it's possible she thought "Rapunzel" was the actual name of the film, since a lot of Disney movies are named after their protagonists. If that was the case, that was bad research on her part.

TP2000

I adore you, TP. Looking up her Linkedin and everything... Love it!

All writers, publishers, etc. must always go back and revise, revise, revise. Then again, it's possible she thought "Rapunzel" was the actual name of the film, since a lot of Disney movies are named after their protagonists. If that was the case, that was bad research on her part.

It took me 10 seconds to Google her and find her multiple accounts. It helps that Nalty is a unique surname. It took me 30 seconds to scan her LinkedIn profile, and then it was over. She simply made a mistake that shouldn't have been made by someone paid by the Walt Disney Company to communicate to their customers, and in this case, big fans of the product.

But it was her very recent Bachelors degree in "Communications" from some university that likely thinks very, very highly of itself and its faculty and its expensive, bloated programs that got me going on this one. What a joke. :rolleyes:

She can kiss her career good by! She's been marked by @TP2000 !

He can either make your career (SILA) or break it.....

Oh, she'll survive. She's got all the right credentials and 2010's attitude, so she'll likely thrive in fact.

I imagine the entire business model of the D23 blog like this is to not have editors or supervision of any kind. And that's not her fault. Her boss has probably made the same silly mistakes before, and she likely gets a gold star for correcting it within 12 hours of originally publishing it. Miss Nalty and her boss are right now heading out early to grab a Starbucks down in the lobby and patting each other on the back on another successful day of "Communication" with the general public.

In related and happier news, I should mention how excited I am that Tangled will be part of the new Fantasmic!!.

If they can replicate, or even just reference, this waterborne scene and this lovely song during the show I think the audience will really respond well to it!
tangled_fairy_lights4.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom