Extreme Closer Look at Fantasyland Expansion

gamedude

Original Poster
Your welcome guys!

And about the splash zone... I didn't really read it like that till you said it.. LOL Ill change it :lol:

If I come across any more news, Ill post it :)

gamedude

Original Poster
the mine cart ride is going to be amazing at night

Second that! With all those crystal mines glowing! I know its concept, but the ride is in the middle of the park, so Would there be no show building? Because there will be like rides behind it ( Little Mermaid ) So will the ride be basically just there?

gamedude

Original Poster
:ROFLOL:

That piece of artwork sure is beautiful. One of the better pieces of concept art I've seen since Expedition Everest imo.

Yeah, I feel the imagineers really did amazing on the art. It really expresses upon how much we can look forward to!

But, All this based on the Castle going up on the mountain, based on construction at the moment, it doesn't seem like that will happen.. I guess we will have to wait and find out.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Second that! With all those crystal mines glowing! I know its concept, but the ride is in the middle of the park, so Would there be no show building? Because there will be like rides behind it ( Little Mermaid ) So will the ride be basically just there?

Since you will be able to walk all the way around the attraction, there will be no visible show building, but since a lot of it will be indoors (I think Lee indicated more of it would be indoors then is shown in the concept art) there will be a show building of some sort, but it will be entirely hidden by the themeing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah, I feel the imagineers really did amazing on the art. It really expresses upon how much we can look forward to!

But, All this based on the Castle going up on the mountain, based on construction at the moment, it doesn't seem like that will happen.. I guess we will have to wait and find out.

Are you doubting that the Beasts' castle will be there? If you look at the latest aerial view, you an actually see the framework on top of the BaTB show building where the castle will sit, so I am pretty sure it will be there.

gamedude

Original Poster
Are you doubting that the Beasts' castle will be there? If you look at the latest aerial view, you an actually see the framework on top of the BaTB show building where the castle will sit, so I am pretty sure it will be there.

No no, Im not doubting the castle, I just wasn't sure how they are going to get the perspective of the mountains

jt04

No no, Im not doubting the castle, I just wasn't sure how they are going to get the perspective of the mountains

It is the Little Mermaid towers that will be visible on the horizon beyond the mountain when standing at the castle walls. That is the new element in the revised design. The Beast castle will be beyond Belle's village. It should work very similar to the AiW design at TDS.

gamedude

Original Poster
It is the Little Mermaid towers that will be visible on the horizon beyond the mountain when standing at the castle walls. That is the new element in the revised design. The Beast castle will be beyond Belle's village. It should work very similar to the AiW design at TDS.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up. The expansion sure will change the look of fantasyland for sure.

Victor Kelly

If you look at Splash Mountain from google earth, a lot of the building is in the mountain you see. Only a portion looks to be in a back building across the railroad tracks.

I do have a hard time imagining this new section of Fantasyland with all that very exciting stuff in such a small area. But I have seen what Disney can do in the past, so I will wait and see and enjoy.

aladdin2007

If you look at Splash Mountain from google earth, a lot of the building is in the mountain you see. Only a portion looks to be in a back building across the railroad tracks.

I do have a hard time imagining this new section of Fantasyland with all that very exciting stuff in such a small area. But I have seen what Disney can do in the past, so I will wait and see and enjoy.

Its really a huge piece of real estate, not small at all. Its just when your in the park it is hard to concieve. But it was the park's prime piece of property going unused since 20,000 leagues, and then some, and now finally being realized twenty years later. The mermaid building takes up a chunk but thats really just a drop on the space.

gamedude

Original Poster
I know, Has snow white started groundbreaking yet? Because that especially looks huge in the concept art, but the aerial looks a bit tight

jjharvpro

Thanks so much for the zoomed in pics!! So flippin' excited a/b this!!

The Mine Train truly excites me for the overall experience--the ride itself, theming(bringing a classic story/characters), the location(right in the middle),etc.

Beast Castle will look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! AHH!! Excited a/b the food, too, of course:)

TLM will look amazing & the ride is also exciting--bringing something new & fresh, but a classic idea.

Circusland is more comforting than it sounded at first!

MotherOfBirds

Am I the only one who thinks that SW's cottage looks weirdly out of scale with the little people? I know it's just the rendering, but in the zoom in of the entire expansion, it looks way bigger and in the artwork specific to SWMT, the cottage looks pretty teeny.

aladdin2007

Am I the only one who thinks that SW's cottage looks weirdly out of scale with the little people? I know it's just the rendering, but in the zoom in of the entire expansion, it looks way bigger and in the artwork specific to SWMT, the cottage looks pretty teeny.

It does appear a bit mammoth doesnt it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom