Extinct Shops and Restaurants

afar28

This dosen't exactly follow the thread, but I have never seen your site until now, and I think its an awesome site mainly because I never got to experience many of these attractions. Keep up the good work :)

DizneyPryncess

Very recently, Tinkerbell's Treasures in Fantasyland was turned into Castle Couture. I miss the old Tink's treasures. I loved the chest w/the keyhole in it, and the "waking up Tinkerbell" ceremony they did in the mornings. The best part was the blinking lights around the border of the store that was to be Tink flying. I'm not sure if this was already mentioned in one of the lists posted. :)

sgtmgd

Oh yeah that's a WHOLE other one I have to delve into! LOL!
I was there when they opened those clubs...very cool ...not surprised they failed..hard to get locals to want to fight those crowds AND the costs when there are other great nightclubs in Orlando

NiarrNDisney

Do you want a list of the Clubs that once graced the Island of Pleasure?
They too went through a few changes, heck the Beach Club had an arcade and skating rink!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
To answer the question a few people have posted I absolutely would love the list of the Pleasure Island clubs and restaurants that don't exist anymore (with the exception of Adventure Club which I already have a space reserved for on the site LOL).

vonpluto

Portabello Yacht Club
D-Zertz
Planet Hollywood
Sweet Surrender>Hill St. Diner>Missing Link Sausage Co.
Fireworks Factory>Wildhorse Saloon>Motion
XZFR Rockin Roller Dome>Rock & Roll Beach Club
Mannequins
Videopolis East>Spinners>Cage>8TRAX
Adventurers Club
Comedy Warehouse
Neon Armadillo>BET Soundstage
Merriweathers Market>Pleasure Island Jazz Co.>Raglan Road Irish Pub

As one Merriweather Adam Pleasure would say:
"Fun for all, all for Fun!":D

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
This dosen't exactly follow the thread, but I have never seen your site until now, and I think its an awesome site mainly because I never got to experience many of these attractions. Keep up the good work :)
I missed this somehow so forgive the late reply but thank you VERY VERY much! The wealth of positive comments I keep receiving is a huge motivation to do more and more work on the site. :)

@vonpluto thank you SO much for the list! I'm excited to start work on this. I think at first it may be in the form of adding a list to each applicable page and then over time break it out into individual pages of information and pictures. I had no idea so many shops and restaurants (and clubs) had come and gone... this is a big undertaking! LOL!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Hey Frank - that wonderful list you provided me, is it just extinct shops/restaurants or ones that are still around? I'm trying to find details on some of these and finding it really hard. LOL!

Dad 2 M & M

You're quite welcome. Not from memory, it's a hobby DW and I started in 1996, we call it When In the World, a WDW timeline formatted so:
•Main Street Gallery
Sun Bank 1979 - 98
Disney Gallery 1998? - 11/98?
Main Street Gallery 11/98? - 3/03, 10/03 - 4/04?

I'll post a list for DTD later. DTD is a doozie and can be very confusing. I've counted over 90 shop names since 1975 for the Village/Marketplace alone.:confused:
Don't know if this counts...there used to be an alley on the left midway down MainStreet. It has since been closed in/covered and the space added to one of the clothing shops. Anywho, we were able to meet two different princesses on two different days (1st day Jasmine and Belle, 2nd day Cindy and Belle). Couldn't tell you if it was on consecutive days, but it was during the same week. Anyone else remember this being there?

NYwdwfan

Scrolled through and didn't see this but am extremely tired so apologies if it was mentioned: Papeete Bay Verandah at the Polynesian (before Ohana).

wagnerdanp

My parents always use to go to Canada to eat lunch. They mentioned Canada use to have an a carte cafeteria style place to eat where Le Cellier is now. I have no clue what it was called and I'm sure it was there only during the 80's or early 90's.

Beach Club -Ariel's
Poly - use to have a restuarant where the laundry and daycare is now.
GF - I believe there was a bar/restaurant where Narcoossee's is currently located
Cont - Top of the World and it use to have big name stars
Discovery Island - I am sure there was a small place to eat on DI.
Cont - Concourse Steakhouse or I think that was the name of the steakhouse on the 4th floor that closed 5 or so years ago.
MGM - Hollywood and Vine use to be different and I think non-character
MK - There is a very small concessions stand in Liberty Sq that we have never seen open except once in the late 70's or early 80's. The stand is behind the tavern and right before the small bridge that heads towards the Crystle Palace.

******* does anyone have any names of the places I mentioned above?

vonpluto

My parents always use to go to Canada to eat lunch. They mentioned Canada use to have an a carte cafeteria style place to eat where Le Cellier is now. I have no clue what it was called and I'm sure it was there only during the 80's or early 90's.

Beach Club -Ariel's
Poly - use to have a restuarant where the laundry and daycare is now.
GF - I believe there was a bar/restaurant where Narcoossee's is currently located
Cont - Concourse Steakhouse or I think that was the name of the steakhouse on the 4th floor that closed 5 or so years ago.
MK - There is a very small concessions stand in Liberty Sq that we have never seen open except once in the late 70's or early 80's. The stand is behind the tavern and right before the small bridge that heads towards the Crystle Palace.

******* does anyone have any names of the places I mentioned above?

Beach Club -Ariel's - closed 1997

Poly - use to have a restuarant where the laundry and daycare is now. - Tangaroa Terrace

Narcoossees has been the same since the GF opening (1988)

Top of the World Dinner Show 1971 - 1981 (Celebrity Entertainers)
Broadway at The Top 1981 – 1993 California Grill 1995

It had two, Thirsty Perch and Outback Snacks

Name changes at CS: Grand Canyon Terrace > Terracce Buffet >
Terracce Buffeteria >Concourse Grill >Concourse Steak House > remodeled into Contempo Cafe (snack bar)

Rennovated 1998, re-opened as character buffett

Fife & Drum, last operational mid to late 1980’s, IIRC

:)

wagnerdanp

Beach Club -Ariel's - closed 1997

Poly - use to have a restuarant where the laundry and daycare is now. - Tangaroa Terrace

Narcoossees has been the same since the GF opening (1988)

Top of the World Dinner Show 1971 - 1981 (Celebrity Entertainers)
Broadway at The Top 1981 – 1993 California Grill 1995

It had two, Thirsty Perch and Outback Snacks

Name changes at CS: Grand Canyon Terrace > Terracce Buffet >
Terracce Buffeteria >Concourse Grill >Concourse Steak House > remodeled into Contempo Cafe (snack bar)

Rennovated 1998, re-opened as character buffett

Fife & Drum, last operational mid to late 1980’s, IIRC

:)

Impressive!

Do you know anything about Canada?

jbdorman

There used to be a quick service/snack building in camp minnie mickey called Chip and Dales Cookie Cabin. not sure if its something new or if its just gone now but I couldnt find it last time i was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom