Extinct Shops and Restaurants

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
Hey everyone! I need some help from you wonderful WDW Magic folks! As many of you know, I run a site dedicated to all things extinct on WDW property. Over the past few weeks I've started to get some feedback from visitors to the site that they'd like to see information about the shops and restaurants that have come and gone as well. I have a pretty good list working but need some help! What extinct shops and/or restaurants can you remember?

maryszhi

there was a restaurant at epcot that had the name minnie's pizza or somehting. i believe its featured in the barbie epcot movie. also the character meal that use to be held on the empress lily. i will try to think of some more :) thank you for doing this!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
:) thank you for doing this!
Thank YOU for helping! :) I want the site to cover as much as possible and become a one-stop-shop for all things extinct on property but trust me, I am well aware that getting it there takes the help of many people (because even the things I experienced I can't remember the older I get LOL).

stevehousse

i want to say this was at epcot but not totally sure, there used to be a restaurant where mickey, minnie, donald, goofy and pluto were dressed up in space gear? or futuristic clothes??? i vaguely remember this as i was so young, but has left a lasting impression on me!

maryszhi

also i forgot alfredo's of rome. i was so sad to see it go, but when i went to rome last summer i made sure i had my fix and ate there a few times :)

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
also i forgot alfredo's of rome. i was so sad to see it go, but when i went to rome last summer i made sure i had my fix and ate there a few times :)
Oh yes! An absolute favorite of mine in fact. It was a "must do" on every trip I took until it shut down.

vonpluto

Some shops. The list includes extinctions, name changes, and re-imagineered shops.:eek:
Magic Kingdom
Main Street
Disney Gallery
Main Street Gallery
Main Street Market House
New Century Clock Shop
Hallmark Card Shop
Tobacconist
Main Street Stationers
Main Street Bookstore
House of Magic
Greenhouse
Adventureland

Oriental Imports Ltd
Elephant Trunk
Elephant Tales
Tropic Toppers
Zanzibar Shell Co
Magic Carpet
Traders of Timbuktu
Colonel Hathis
House of Treasures
Golden Galleon
La Princessa de Cristal
Crows Nest
Fantasyland

Fantasyland Art Festival
Mad Hatter
Castle Camera Shop
Disneyana
Kings Gallery
Disney Gallery
Merlins Magic Shop
Mickeys Christmas Carol
Aristocats
Royal Candy Shop
Frontierland

Westward Ho
Bearly Country
Tri Cornered Hat Shoppe
Brier Patch
Liberty Square

Silversmith
Olde World Antiques
Mlle Lafayettes Parfumerie
Keel Boat Shoppe Ichabods Landing
Tomorrowland
Mickeys Mart
Skyway Station Shop
Ursa’s Major Minor Mart
Space Port Space Place
Geigers Counter

EPCOT Future World
Centorium
Cameras & Film (JII)
Brocoli & Co , GreenThumb Emporium (Land)
Well & Goods Limited (WOL)

EPCOT World Showcase
Trading Post, Hotel du Canada/La Boutique des Provinces (Canada)
La Casserole, Tout Pour le Gourmet, La Mode Francaise (France)
Der Bucherwurm, Glas und Porzellan, Porzellanhaus (Germany)
La Gemma Elegante, Arcata d’Artigianio, La Cucina Italiana (Italy)
Fashions from Fez, Kasbah Woodcrafters, Meknes Potters, Berber Oasis
Agadir Arts, Medina Arts (Morocco)
Pooh Corner Shop, Biscuit Barrel, Country Manor, His Lordship,
Lords & Ladies (UK)

Studios
Pacific Electric Pictures, Legends of Hollywood, LA Property & Storage,
LA Cinema Storage (All same location)
Disney Afternoon, Under the Sea, Animation Courtyard Shop(All same location)
Looney Bin/On the Backstage Studio Tour
Looney Bin/Fototoons, Fototoons, Goosebumps Gifts & Photos (All same location)
Villians Shop, Costume Shop, Ellen’s Buy the Book, Disney’s Buy the Book(All same location)

Animal Kingdom
Dino Institute Shop
Wonders of the Wild
Beastly Bazaar

Resorts
Contemporary
The Spirit World, Plaza Gifts & Sundries, Concourse Sundries & Spirits
FTD Florist, Plaza Florist
Contemporary Woman, Contemporary Man

Poly
Village Florist
News From Civilization(Polynesia)
Crusoe & Son
Kanaka Kids
Trader Jacks Grog Hut

Disney Inn Gifts & Sundries

River Relics (River Country)

vonpluto

Oh my GOD! I love you! That had to exist somewhere already right? No way you did that from memory. LOL!

You're quite welcome. Not from memory, it's a hobby DW and I started in 1996, we call it When In the World, a WDW timeline formatted so:
•Main Street Gallery
Sun Bank 1979 - 98
Disney Gallery 1998? - 11/98?
Main Street Gallery 11/98? - 3/03, 10/03 - 4/04?

I'll post a list for DTD later. DTD is a doozie and can be very confusing. I've counted over 90 shop names since 1975 for the Village/Marketplace alone.:confused:

Communicore

The ones that stand out to me are the original Plaza Pavilion, Adventureland Veranda, Pasta Piazza, and the original The Land Food Court. Oh yeah, can't forget about Top Of The World in all of it's 70's glory!

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
You're quite welcome. Not from memory, it's a hobby DW and I started in 1996, we call it When In the World, a WDW timeline formatted so:
•Main Street Gallery
Sun Bank 1979 - 98
Disney Gallery 1998? - 11/98?
Main Street Gallery 11/98? - 3/03, 10/03 - 4/04?

I'll post a list for DTD later. DTD is a doozie and can be very confusing. I've counted over 90 shop names since 1975 for the Village/Marketplace alone.:confused:
Ooooo if you have the dates for all those I'll love you even more. Heck I'll give you credit on the site as being a contributing editor. LOL!! You don't have to post it all up here (unless you want to) though. You can shoot it to me in an email at webmaster@extinctdisney.com. :)

maryszhi

my mother has a special request: the Crystal palace restaurant before it went to Winnie the pooh. also the place in the early 70's that had the live band playing hip music while you ate ( she termed the music as "mod gogo music".) also king Stephan's banquet hall, which is now cinderellas royal table

maryszhi

also is there any place at disney to make your own perfume like you use to be able to at the shop in liberty square....

NiarrNDisney

Restaurants

MK - Adventureland Veranda, Aunt Polly's, El Pirata Y el Perico (Tortuga Tavern), Enchanted Grove (Cheshire cafe), Hooks Tavern, King Stefans Banquet Hall (Cinderellas Royal Table), Lumiere's Kitchen (Friar Nooks), Little Big Top, Mrs. Potts (Storybook Treats), Oasis, Plaza Pavillion (Tomorrowland Terrace), Scuttles Landing, Toon Town Farmers Market

Epcot - Au Petit Cafe (France), L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante (Itlay now Tutto Italia Ristorante), Odyssey, Pasta Piazza Ristorante (Innoventions west), Pure & Simple (WoL), Tempura Kiku and Teppanyaki Dining Room (Japan now Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo), The Gift of Cuisine, Yakitori House (Japan now Katsura)

DHS - Catwalk Bar, Soundstage Restaurant

DAK - Chakrandi Chicken Shop (Yak & Yeti Local Foods), Munch Wagon

DTD - Chef Mickey's Village Restaurant, Cheescake Factory, D-Zertz, Donalds Dairy Dip, Goofy's Grill, Hill Street Diner, Minnie Mia's Italian Eatery, Empress Lilly, Fireworks Factory, McDonalds (Barf), Missing Link Sausage Co., Wildhorse Saloon

Resorts - Ariel's (Y&BCR), Bonfamille's (POFQ), Broadway at the Top (Dinner show CR), Captains Tavern (CBR Shutters), Concourse Steakhouse (CR), Copa Banana (Dolphin), Coral Cafe (Dolphin, Fresh), Coral Isle Cafe (Poly), Flaglers (GFR, Citrocos), Gullivers (Swan), Harry's Safari Grille (Dolphin), Juan & Only's (Dolphin), Palio (Swan, Il Mulino's), Riptides (Y&BCR), Spoodles (BWR Kat Cora's), Sum Chows (Dolphin), Tangaroa Terrace (Poly), Tubbi Checkers (Dolphin, Picabu)

May be more but this is what I know of!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom