Expansion of Utilidors

degunter

Original Poster
Has there been any discussion about expanding the Utilidors under the new Fantasyland Expansion? I understand it was not possible before because of the 20,000 Leagues Lagoon, but now since that is gone, it seems like they could utilize some space under the new restaurants and Ariel attraction, right?

I am just speculating. I do not know the existing and new elevations of any of the attractions, but was curious to what people thought or may have heard.

Thanks.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I believe they are not going to do so. One of the reaasons for this is for the new waterways that will be added, along with the large trees.

Rob562

While not a direct expansion of the Utilidors, there *will* be an underground tunnel connecting Cinderella's Chateau to the main Utilidor entrance. This will allow cast for the Cinderella and Aurora experiences to get to/from the land-locked building without going through Guest areas.

Other buildings, such as the Be Our Guest restaurant and the Little mermaid attractions will have below-grade levels. But they're basically two/three story buildings built at the ground level of the backstage cast access road, but with the ground filled in on the in-park side so that guests are entering on the upper level.
Based on the blueprints, it looks like the BOG building's lower level will act as sort of a loading dock for trucks.

-Rob

kap91

While not a direct expansion of the Utilidors, there *will* be an underground tunnel connecting Cinderella's Chateau to the main Utilidor entrance. This will allow cast for the Cinderella and Aurora experiences to get to/from the land-locked building without going through Guest areas.

Other buildings, such as the Be Our Guest restaurant and the Little mermaid attractions will have below-grade levels. But they're basically two/three story buildings built at the ground level of the backstage cast access road, but with the ground filled in on the in-park side so that guests are entering on the upper level.
Based on the blueprints, it looks like the BOG building's lower level will act as sort of a loading dock for trucks.

-Rob

As far as I know this is exactly correct. Additionally, if you look at the blueprints that were leaked you can see a small corridor outlined in dashed lines heading to the chateau. Also on one of the permits posts that was filed a week or two ago one of the items was something along the lines of "tunnel construction" .

tirian

-Rob

As far as I know this is exactly correct. Additionally, if you look at the blueprints that were leaked you can see a small corridor outlined in dashed lines heading to the chateau. Also on one of the permits posts that was filed a week or two ago one of the items was something along the lines of "tunnel construction" .

You beat me to it. Yeah, they're planning a very small expansion for the characters. That's it.

RSoxNo1

It also appears that The Little Mermaid will have part of the attraction on the utilidoor level so the expansion can't include that area.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The requested utilidor expansion has been completed. I can now successfully walk from my abode in the northern suburbs of Indianapolis to Walt Disney World under ground. Well, if it weren't for that stupid subterranean civilization 23 miles north of Atlanta. Who would've guessed that a whole underground empire would exist only 7.4 feet beneath our feet? Sci fi has always led me to believe it would be much deeper. Weird.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

The requested utilidor expansion has been completed. I can now successfully walk from my abode in the northern suburbs of Indianapolis to Walt Disney World under ground. Well, if it weren't for that stupid subterranean civilization 23 miles north of Atlanta. Who would've guessed that a whole underground empire would exist only 7.4 feet beneath our feet? Sci fi has always led me to believe it would be much deeper. Weird.

Ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom