Trip Report Everything is Satisfactual - 4 Brits do Disney!

Welcome, ladies and gents, to my brand spanking new (and first ever) trip report!

I have been so excited to write this after reading some awesome ones on here :)

We got back from Disney World a few days ago so, even though I am still recovering from jet lag, I have a major case of the Disney Blues! :cry::cry::cry: I’m hoping that this report will relieve some of those.

Let’s begin:

Flight Day - Intro.jpg

Who: Hello, this is us. :) There were 4 of us on the trip - 2 couples and 2 sisters :) We are all in our twenties.

From left to right:

Kit, my boyfriend. He’s Canadian but has lived in the UK for most of his life.
Me, Stevie! I have lived in London my whole life, and my family are also from here.
My younger sister, Lisa. Isn’t she a beaut?
Lisa’s boyfriend, Wing. He’s Chinese but has also lived in London since forever :)

Lisa & I have been to the World twice - once when I was 9 and again when I was 16. Kit and Wing had never been to WDW before (this is actually a lie - Kit went when he was 3/4, but doesn’t remember a thing about it!).

This trip actually came about because my family were reminiscing about our previous trips and remembering what a great time we had. I then had a lightbulb moment - “hey, why don’t we go again?!” - and lo and behold, this trip was booked! Luckily we had some savings, because we booked it pretty last minute (booked in April and flew in July) and it took every last penny I owned :banghead: (but still so worth it!). :D

When: We went from July 29th - August 8th. 10 nights. Unfortunately, our jobs prevented us from going at a quieter time!

Where: We stayed at All Star Movies and all shared one room. Yep - we were on a bit of a budget. Eeek! Find out how that went down a bit later :rolleyes:

All in all, we had a brilliant trip. It wasn’t perfect by any means, and I’ll try and write as honestly as I can. This trip report will include the good, the bad and the ugly. Since we hadn’t been to WDW for 10 years, in many ways it felt like the first time, and we had so many fresh and new experiences!

I also took a million pictures, so I’ll be posting lots of them here. They will be a mixture of iPhone, DSLR and Photopass shots!

Here’s hoping you’ll join us for the ride! ;)

slipperalwaysfits

Yes, you must go back for the start of Cirque! We always do Downtown/Disney Springs on our "off day" so we have plenty of time. We even at breakfast at Boma one day (amazing breakfast buffet) and then gave ourselves plenty of time to wander downtown before Cirque. Part of the magic of any show is the whole thing. But I know you know that. I love how funny Kit is! :p Hopefully you have more days of TR coming! Can't wait to read the rest!

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Re: your question about the photo limit....the limit is actually 20, but smilies count as images.

Back to reading along :)

Ahh, I see! Oh dear, I use tons of smilies :banghead: I will try and cut down, but it's gonna be hard! ;) Thanks for following along!!

I just read all of your TR. I love it. Look forward to the rest.

Thank you! :D :D

OK, I just kinda' started diggin' in to your TR, but, this looks like a total blast, and I intend on finishing it...!
Sounds like it was a total hoot! :)

Also...
Younger, more hair and different color hair (and I guess Pegg quite often wears a beard), but, has anyone ever told Kit he reminds them a bit of Simon Pegg...?!

Anyway, thanks for sharing, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest...! :)

Thank you!! We are only on Day 3 ... 7 more days to come! :hilarious:

And we've never had a Simon Pegg comparison before, but now you've said it I can TOTALLY see it!! :eek: :D

Yes, you must go back for the start of Cirque! We always do Downtown/Disney Springs on our "off day" so we have plenty of time. We even at breakfast at Boma one day (amazing breakfast buffet) and then gave ourselves plenty of time to wander downtown before Cirque. Part of the magic of any show is the whole thing. But I know you know that. I love how funny Kit is! :p Hopefully you have more days of TR coming! Can't wait to read the rest!

Thank you! He is so funny :joyfull: I will definitely go back to watch the whole thing! I thought I planned it all so well :cry: But sometimes life has other ideas!! :hilarious: I will definitely plan in an "off" day next time we do Disney - we had a great time but could have definitely used some downtime!

Loving your trip so far! Can't wait to read more :)

Thank you very much! :p You've all given me a big boost to keep writing!

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Day 4: Blizzard Beach

Today was technically our ‘off day’ from being in the parks, and I figured that day 4 would be a nice time to have a water park day. We had been going full-speed ahead for the past 3 days, waking up at the crack of dawn and staying out late, so it was really nice not to have to rush out in the morning!

We woke up around 8.30/9, got ready slowly, and had breakfast at the food court. I opted for the omelette. As far as I can remember it was good, and I love those mini potatoes!

BB 1.jpg

Then it was time to hit the bus (and, of course, take some photos whilst we were waiting):

BB 2.jpg

BB 3 .jpg

BB 4.jpg

BB 5.jpg

BB 6.jpg

BB 7.jpg

When we got to BB, we had a mini-photoshoot on the snow sled! It has to be done :)

BB 8.jpg

BB 9.jpg

BB 10.jpg

(P.s. It's still not letting me upload more than 10 photos, and I have no smilies in this post! Any ideas, anyone?)

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
BB 11.jpg

BB 12.jpg

Haha, the way I'm looking at him! "What are you doing?!"

BB 13.jpg

"Ahh, now I get it!"

BB 14.jpg

It was really funny because, as I was taking photos of Lisa and Wing, a photopass photographer was hiding behind me making silly faces behind my back! I had no idea, but I did wonder what Lisa and Wing were laughing at! He was very lovely, and offered to take some group shots of all of us, and I really like those ones! Big hugs all round:

BB 15.jpeg

BB 16.jpeg

BB 17.jpeg

BB 18.jpeg

BB 19.jpeg

Then we got changed into our swim suits and headed to the lazy river!

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
We had our longest bus ride of the whole week going to DTD one night! It took almost an hour to get here. Completely ridiculous. Luckily we didn't have reservations, we were just going to look around! I'm glad you still got to see most of the show.

It's crazy. I couldn't believe we missed the first 15 minutes after giving ourselves 1.5 hours to get there! Thank you, I'm really glad too!

Hahaaa...!
Took me a minute, but, I found it...! :)

It took me so much longer than a minute! :oops::D:)

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
The Lazy River, or Cross Country Creek, is a 3000 foot-long water attraction where you climb (rather ungracefully, in my case) into a tube and float along! The water was pretty cold and, unfortunately for us, we didn’t choose the sunniest day to visit BB! However, we all really enjoyed the lazy river - having a chat, a little swim, and sometimes splashing each other when we felt like it :)

I bought a waterproof iPhone case before we travelled to Florida, which was fab for the water parks because it meant that I could take pictures!

BB 20.jpg

BB 21.jpg

(p.s. this water was FREEEEEZING!)

BB 22.jpg

BB 23.jpg

BB 25.jpg

BB 26.jpg

Kit trying to balance across two tubes, haha!

BB 27.jpg

Then, who should we spot swimming along the river but a photopass photographer! Such a great idea to have these guys dotted around the waterparks!

Cue more photos:

BB 28.jpeg

BB 29.jpeg

BB 30.jpeg

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
BB 31.jpeg

BB 32.jpeg

Here they go!!

BB 33.jpeg

BB 34.jpeg

After spending a good amount of time in Cross Country Creek, it was time to try out some of the slides! We knew that we wanted to go on Summit Plummet, but we weren’t feeling quite brave enough for that yet, so firstly we headed for Teamboat Springs.

We queued up for the chairlift, which is so exciting! I loved going on that. They send you up in sets of 3, so me and Kit ended up with a random child who didn’t speak any English so it was slightly awkward, haha! When I looked behind, Lisa and Wing were having a great chat with the guy sitting with them! :D

I took a picture in the queue, but none on the chairlift because I was too scared of dropping my phone! :eek:
BB 38.jpg

Teamboat Springs holds great memories in our family, because it was one of the most memorable rides from our first ever trip (when I was 9 and Lisa was 6). Lisa was very scared of rides at that age, and I remember our parents persuaded her to go onto this, telling her that it was a very, very gentle ride. Lisa then proceeded to cry hysterically the whole way down and continued once we’d gotten off - she was terrified!

We’d always poked fun of her about this, but when we went on this ride again, 17 years later, I can see she had a point! Teamboat Springs is CRAZY! :eek: :eek: It’s SO much fun, but it goes super fast and the raft tips up so high at the sides that you almost feel like you’re going to fall out! I was definitely gripping the hand rails as hard as I could. :hilarious:

Once we had survived the ride (and Lisa didn’t cry this time, yay!) we spotted another photopass photographer and, of course, had to have a go!

BB 39.jpeg

BB 40.jpeg

BB 41.jpeg

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Blizzard Beach looks like fun! I'm finally going to check it out next summer! Thank you for finding the time to share more with us!

It's really fun! I would recommend it :) And you're welcome! I'm really enjoying writing it and reliving the memories!

You are actually uploading them directly to this site and attaching them so there may be a 10 image max on that. If you were linking from another site, like photobucket, there is a 20 photo max in doing that.

Ahh thank you - I ended up asking on the 'Help' forum and they said the same thing. I don't have a photobucket account unfortunately! I will just have to do lots of little posts instead of less, longer ones!

MISSED PUN :arghh:

Noooo :eek: how did I miss that? Kit is obsessed with puns - he would be ashamed of me right now :facepalm: :joyfull:

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Up next was Summit Plummet. IT WAS TIME. I was the only one who had been on it before ... eek. :eek:

I won't say much about this 120 feet, free-fall waterslide (one of the highest and fastest in the world!). I will let the pictures speak for themselves:

I was first! :arghh:

BB 42.jpeg

BB 43.jpeg

BB 44.jpeg

Next was Lisa:

BB 45.jpeg

(She was sad that the photopass photographer only managed to get this shot of her .. ahem .. rearranging her swimsuit!) :facepalm: :p

BB 46.jpeg

Then it was Kit:

(I love how tiny his legs look here! :hilarious:)

BB 47.jpeg

BB 48.jpeg

BB 49.jpeg

And finally Wing!

BB 50.jpeg

BB 51.jpeg

:) :) :)

Thoughts on Summit Plummet:

It was fun, it was terrifying, (especially the second before you go over the edge) and it was exhilarating. BUT, mostly, it was PAINFUL! :arghh: If you have a low pain threshold, I would not recommend this ride! :hungover:

You are going down so fast (around 60mph) that the water pressure on your body is not fun! In fact, for the next few days, Lisa & I were walking around with bruises on our shins, and Kit got huge welts on his back!

Saying that, would I go on Summit Plummet next time? Probably! :hilarious:

catmom46

First, I have to say that breakfast looks super yummy! Better than both omelets I got at 1900 and CP. I thought it was cute how you called them "mini potatoes" (better than "home fries"). :cat:

Second, all of your pics are so fab! They really show how much fun y'all are having. :happy:

Third, I loved Teamboat Springs, too! It took some convincing our 7-year-old daughter to go on it, and while she seemed to have fun, she didn't want to go on it again. :(

Fourth, I haven't done Summit Plummet, but I've done a similar slide at a local water park and vowed never again for exactly the reason you stated. I love drops, but not when they're painful! :in pain:

And finally, I love your bathing suit (and Lisa's) - where did you get them? :)

TheMouseFan

Love the Blizzard Beach pics! We have never done either of the water parks because the kids weren't really old enough to thoroughly enjoy them. We will be going to both water parks when we return in June. It is nice to see things in other people's pics instead of the staged ones provided by Disney! Were you allowed to hold your camera and take pictures while on the slides? I plan to take my waterproof camera and just don't want to get to the top of the slides and be told I can't take it down with me! Can't wait to read more!

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
First, I have to say that breakfast looks super yummy! Better than both omelets I got at 1900 and CP. I thought it was cute how you called them "mini potatoes" (better than "home fries"). :cat:

Second, all of your pics are so fab! They really show how much fun y'all are having. :happy:

Third, I loved Teamboat Springs, too! It took some convincing our 7-year-old daughter to go on it, and while she seemed to have fun, she didn't want to go on it again. :(

Fourth, I haven't done Summit Plummet, but I've done a similar slide at a local water park and vowed never again for exactly the reason you stated. I love drops, but not when they're painful! :in pain:

And finally, I love your bathing suit (and Lisa's) - where did you get them? :)

I thought the omelette was pretty good! I ate more than once when we were at All-Star Movies (it seemed a slightly healthier option that chocolate chip pancakes and french toast! :p). Ahh, I didn't realise they were called home fries! That's cute!

Teamboat Springs is so fun, but really quite scary! It doesn't look as fast and as high as it actually IS when you are watching from the sidelines! I bet when your daughter gets a bit older she will want to go on it again (just like Lisa!)

Summit really is painful! :in pain: After the initial "OMG!" when I started going down, all I kept thinking was 'ouch ouch ouch OUCH!'

Ahh, thank you! The swimsuits are actually both Lisa's! Haha. I only brought bikinis with me, but then decided it would be best to wear a one-piece at Blizzard Beach as I didn't want to run the risk of anything flying off when going down Summit Plummet! :eek:

She said that the blue one is from Fat Face, and the red one is from For Luna, which is a website that ships worldwide (and they're having a sale at the moment!) :D

Love the Blizzard Beach pics! We have never done either of the water parks because the kids weren't really old enough to thoroughly enjoy them. We will be going to both water parks when we return in June. It is nice to see things in other people's pics instead of the staged ones provided by Disney! Were you allowed to hold your camera and take pictures while on the slides? I plan to take my waterproof camera and just don't want to get to the top of the slides and be told I can't take it down with me! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! Glad to hear you will be going to both parks - we also visited Typhoon Lagoon later in the trip! They are a good way to let off steam and relax, but still have fun. I'm pretty sure you're able to take your camera on the slides! I don't think we actually took pictures going down any of them, but I had it with me most of the time and I was never told that I couldn't take it down! :)

I've just caught up on this trip report and read through from the beginning- it's great! Looks like you had a fantastic time :) Looking forward to reading about the rest of the trip!

Thank you!! :D :D We had such a good time, and it's so nice to relive the trip through my TR!

slipperalwaysfits

(p.s. this water was FREEEEEZING!)

We went to Blizzard Beach Thanksgiving week 2013 and it was great because NOBODY was there, maybe 15 people, seriously, it was that empty. Probably because it was only 65 degrees or so! We had a great time because the water was heated. However, once we got into the cave on the lazy river, I was freezing!! So I know what you mean!

Glad Lisa liked Teamboat Springs, but like you, it is scary when the raft goes so high up on the sides! Water slides at Disney are scarier than any roller coaster there for me for exactly that reason!

Can't wait to read more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom