Trip Report Everything is Satisfactual - 4 Brits do Disney!

Welcome, ladies and gents, to my brand spanking new (and first ever) trip report!

I have been so excited to write this after reading some awesome ones on here :)

We got back from Disney World a few days ago so, even though I am still recovering from jet lag, I have a major case of the Disney Blues! :cry::cry::cry: I’m hoping that this report will relieve some of those.

Let’s begin:

Flight Day - Intro.jpg

Who: Hello, this is us. :) There were 4 of us on the trip - 2 couples and 2 sisters :) We are all in our twenties.

From left to right:

Kit, my boyfriend. He’s Canadian but has lived in the UK for most of his life.
Me, Stevie! I have lived in London my whole life, and my family are also from here.
My younger sister, Lisa. Isn’t she a beaut?
Lisa’s boyfriend, Wing. He’s Chinese but has also lived in London since forever :)

Lisa & I have been to the World twice - once when I was 9 and again when I was 16. Kit and Wing had never been to WDW before (this is actually a lie - Kit went when he was 3/4, but doesn’t remember a thing about it!).

This trip actually came about because my family were reminiscing about our previous trips and remembering what a great time we had. I then had a lightbulb moment - “hey, why don’t we go again?!” - and lo and behold, this trip was booked! Luckily we had some savings, because we booked it pretty last minute (booked in April and flew in July) and it took every last penny I owned :banghead: (but still so worth it!). :D

When: We went from July 29th - August 8th. 10 nights. Unfortunately, our jobs prevented us from going at a quieter time!

Where: We stayed at All Star Movies and all shared one room. Yep - we were on a bit of a budget. Eeek! Find out how that went down a bit later :rolleyes:

All in all, we had a brilliant trip. It wasn’t perfect by any means, and I’ll try and write as honestly as I can. This trip report will include the good, the bad and the ugly. Since we hadn’t been to WDW for 10 years, in many ways it felt like the first time, and we had so many fresh and new experiences!

I also took a million pictures, so I’ll be posting lots of them here. They will be a mixture of iPhone, DSLR and Photopass shots!

Here’s hoping you’ll join us for the ride! ;)

lostpro9het

Where: We stayed at All Star Movies and all shared one room. Yep - we were on a bit of a budget. Eeek! Find out how that went down a bit later :rolleyes:
WOW! The DW and I were just talking last night about the level of privacy, or lack thereof, in POP and ASM. Id be interested in hearing how you guys managed that!
Here’s hoping you’ll join us for the ride! ;)
Buckled in, lets do this!

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Flight Day

Our story begins in a faraway land (aka, my flat near Kings Cross, London).

The night before the trip, Lisa and Wing came over to stay, because we had to be up extremely early to get ready for our cab. We had all planned to get an early night’s sleep but, of course, that didn’t happen! We were far too excited to sleep. :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Anyway, at some point in the night we managed to doze off, and before long it was 4.30am and our alarms were ringing and telling us to get up! :bored: :p

At 6am, our cab pulled up outside and in we hopped! For our London friends, we used the Hailo app to book this cab, and it was brilliant. It was a fixed fare all the way so we didn’t have to worry about the meter going up and up! And it was much cheaper and easier than the train! Our cab driver, Gary, was a lovely man and we had a nice chat with him on the drive to Gatwick Airport.

Our first ‘official’ pictures of the trip. I think we look pretty energised considering it was just after 6am! ;)

Flight Day - 1.jpg

All squeeze in!

Flight Day - 2.jpg

A little airport selfie I took :p Hurry up guys, it’s time for Disney!

Flight Day - 3.jpg

We were flying Aer Lingus, with a stop over in Dublin first. It was fine, although it did add an extra 5 hours to our travel time! (It was a 13.5 hour trip in total). The only annoying thing was that when we transferred onto our connecting flight to Orlando, the airport staff made us throw away all of our liquids that we had bought at the other airport! Even though we had bought them AFTER going through initial security. So, we had the fun experience of trying to chug down previously unopened bottles of water and coke to get our money’s worth before our stuff went through the scanner. :facepalm: :banghead:

Finally, it was time for flight number 2. Next stop, Orlando! :happy:

Flight Day - 4.jpg

Flight Day - 5.jpg

She looks rather comfortable :)

Flight Day - 6.jpg

Our flight to Orlando was good, apart from the last 10 minutes. I think we must have descended through a storm, because the turbulence was crazy! People were gasping and screeching, and there were a few instances when my chair felt like it disappeared beneath me :in pain: :eek:. It felt like I was already on a theme park ride! :arghh:

I have never been so relieved to get off a plane in my life, and others clearly shared my sentiments as there was plenty of clapping and cheering when we finally reached the runway! :hilarious: :happy: :D

My excitement at being in Orlando was somewhat overshadowed by the queasiness and nausea I now felt in my stomach :hungover:, but luckily that had passed by the time we had collected our baggage. After getting lost a couple of times in the airport (how confusing is that place?) we had finally found the Disney Magical Express!

Flight Day - 7.jpg

Excuse my dodgy photo taking skills - there are better ones to come - promise!

Flight Day - 8.jpg

The videos they showed on the bus were so exciting. I couldn’t believe we were finally here!

And here is our lovely driver offloading our luggage:

Flight Day - 9.jpg

All of a sudden (it felt like a very short journey for some reason) we were at All-Star Movies! Check-in was quick and simple, and the receptionist was super lovely and chatty. We were in the Toy Story section (which I’d requested - I love that movie) and the theming was so cute! I couldn’t get over how huge Buzz and Woody were.

We found our room and quickly dumped our suitcases, before having a wander around the resort. Our room was a little tight for 4 adults (could we really share this for 10 whole nights?!), but otherwise suitable for our needs. And, the most important thing of all, the beds were very comfy!

Next up: the remainder of our evening!

Last edited:

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
First Evening

A few quick snaps of our room. It would never look this tidy again! :cry: :hilarious:

Flight Day - 10.jpg

Flight Day - 11.jpg

I loved, loved, loved the theming!!

Flight Day - 12.jpg

Kit was very happy to be reunited with his old buddy Rex, who he had first met in Disneyland Paris in 2011! I think he’s got the dinosaur hand poses down ;) Also, I can’t remember why he’s wearing my scarf in this picture! :cool:

Flight Day - 13.jpg

Quick flashback to 2011 :):
(Happy times)
Flight Day - 14.jpg

After looking around the resort, the boys decided it was time for FOOD. We headed for the food court, where Kit opted for the chilli hot dog and chips (oh, sorry, fries!). I think he enjoyed!

Flight Day - 15.jpg

Lisa & I didn’t eat anything, because we were just so tired! :cyclops: It was only 6.30pm at this point, but 11.30pm for us, and we had been awake and then travelling since 4.30 that morning. In the end I had a carton of milk and some water, and that seemed to do me just fine.

Quick food court selfie to celebrate being at Disney!
Can you see the sleepiness in our eyes?!

Flight Day - 16.jpg

When we got back to the room, I crashed out on the bed fully dressed. I must have been asleep within seconds. I’m not sure about the others, but I can’t imagine they stayed up much later than me. I woke up again about midnight, got into my pyjamas and brushed my teeth, and then went straight back to sleep. Goodnight world!

Coming up: 10 points for anyone who can guess what our first park was? :joyfull:

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Day 1: Magic Kingdom

As I mentioned previously, we were extremely jet lagged and had all gone to sleep by about 8pm the night before, so we were definitely going to be up bright and early for Disney!

I just hadn’t anticipated quite HOW early.

At 4.18am, I was completely awake and could not drift back to sleep, no matter how hard I tried.

I had a feeling that the others might be too, so I quietly whispered “good morning everyone” to check, and three voices replied back to me! :p It did make me laugh.

Well, we decided that we might as well get up! Tiptoeing around and whispering as to not wake our neighbours, we all slowly took showers and climbed over each other trying to get things from our suitcases. :bored:

It was a hectic! Four adults sharing a small hotel room is not ideal. The only bit of privacy we had to get dressed etc. was the small curtain that separated the mirror/ironing board from the bedroom. Thank goodness for that curtain! :hilarious: We decided that we would definitely have to shower at different times - some in the morning and some in the evening - to make it a bit easier!

Once we were all ready, we left to get breakfast at the food court. It was 7.15am at this point, and MK opened at 8 with the EMH. We wanted to get there as soon as possible, so we ate quickly!

I was pretty overwhelmed with the breakfast choices! At home I usually have cereal and a banana, but here they had everything you could think of! Mickey waffles, pancakes, french toast, omelettes, bacon and eggs, cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, muffins … isn't it true that calories don't count at Disney? :rolleyes:

In the end I went with the ‘bounty platter’ (I think it was called?). It was pretty good and there was SO. MUCH. FOOD. Having roast potatoes for breakfast did make me laugh at first, it was pretty strange, but they quickly became one of my favourite things to eat! :inlove: The waffles were good too - nice and light and fluffy! The ‘biscuits’ were very odd! We call them scones at home and I would never eat them as part of another meal! Always on their own with cream and jam and tea!

MK 1 1.jpg

Speaking of tea, what is the deal with that, Americans?! A British girl needs her tea in the mornings! I was dismayed to find that there was no milk to go with my tea, so I had to make do with coffee creamer instead! Bleurgh! Not the same!! :cry:

Anyways, we ate quickly and walked out to catch our bus to MK!

See the tea? It’s a must.

MK 1 2.jpg

MK 1 3.jpg

We didn’t wait long for the bus, and we were soon pulling up to the gates! We made it at 8.03 (not too bad, if I do say so myself).

First glimpses of the castle! I was so excited, I literally danced through the gates! I also felt a couple of tears spring to my eyes too … it’s just, wow!!

MK 1 4.jpg

I loved how quiet it was in the morning!

MK 1 5.jpg

Yayyyyy, we’re here!!

MK 1 6.jpg

A couple more castle pics from different angles (has to be done):

(P.s. Look at that sky! :inlove:)
MK 1 7.jpg

MK 1 8.jpg

We then found a Photopass photographer and had our first photoshoot! ;) :geek:

Disney-leaf

Original Poster

I’m really glad we bought Memory Maker, and we definitely got lots of use from it!

After snapping away for a bit, the photographer got confused and assumed that Wing & I were a couple, and Lisa & Kit (just from where we were standing in our photograph) so it brought up some laughs when she suggested doing kissing photos! We all looked at each other with raised eyebrows and quickly swapped places! :hilarious:

MK 1 12.jpg

MK 1 13.jpg

Just a warning: avert your eyes now if you don’t wanna see mushy kiss photos! Haha. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

MK 1 14.jpg

MK 1 15.jpg

MK 1 16.jpg

And finally, Tink joined us for an extra sprinkle of Disney magic. :)

MK 1 17.jpg

Thanks to all who are following along so far! :) :) :)

Disney-leaf

Original Poster

It was time for some rides!

I had originally planned to do some headliners at this time, but then we decided that we’d rather just wander and soak it all up. And, in fact, our first ride ended up being the carousel!

We had a lovely, gentle ride on the horses and took in just being at Disney World again.

MK 1 18.jpg

We literally had the whole thing to ourselves! I do wish, though, that we’d waited just 5 more minutes, because look who got on just after we got off!

MK 1 19.jpg

We then hit Small World, because I just love, it and it was practically empty! The joys of getting to MK early!

MK 1 20.jpg

My selfie skills need some work!

MK 1 21.jpg

We then decided to do Peter Pan, which is one of my absolute favourites (being a Londoner, and all). It had a 40 minute wait already, but we didn’t have FP’s for it until much later in the trip and I figured that the queues would only get worse throughout the day! Luckily, we only ended up waiting about 15 minutes! And the queue was so awesome (I didn’t remember that from our last trip at all) that I would have happily waited longer!

It always takes my breath away when you fly over Big Ben!

After Peter Pan, it was time for a loo break, so where else would we head but the Tangled bathrooms? That area is awesome! I felt compelled to take my DSLR out for the first time to get some shots! I am quite a keen photographer, so it was really nice to actually have some time to take photos:

MK 1 22.jpg

MK 1 23.jpg

MK 1 24.jpg

MK 1 25.jpg

MK 1 26.jpg

Oops! He blurred.
MK 1 27.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom