Trip Report Everything is Satisfactual - 4 Brits do Disney!

Welcome, ladies and gents, to my brand spanking new (and first ever) trip report!

I have been so excited to write this after reading some awesome ones on here :)

We got back from Disney World a few days ago so, even though I am still recovering from jet lag, I have a major case of the Disney Blues! :cry::cry::cry: I’m hoping that this report will relieve some of those.

Let’s begin:

Flight Day - Intro.jpg

Who: Hello, this is us. :) There were 4 of us on the trip - 2 couples and 2 sisters :) We are all in our twenties.

From left to right:

Kit, my boyfriend. He’s Canadian but has lived in the UK for most of his life.
Me, Stevie! I have lived in London my whole life, and my family are also from here.
My younger sister, Lisa. Isn’t she a beaut?
Lisa’s boyfriend, Wing. He’s Chinese but has also lived in London since forever :)

Lisa & I have been to the World twice - once when I was 9 and again when I was 16. Kit and Wing had never been to WDW before (this is actually a lie - Kit went when he was 3/4, but doesn’t remember a thing about it!).

This trip actually came about because my family were reminiscing about our previous trips and remembering what a great time we had. I then had a lightbulb moment - “hey, why don’t we go again?!” - and lo and behold, this trip was booked! Luckily we had some savings, because we booked it pretty last minute (booked in April and flew in July) and it took every last penny I owned :banghead: (but still so worth it!). :D

When: We went from July 29th - August 8th. 10 nights. Unfortunately, our jobs prevented us from going at a quieter time!

Where: We stayed at All Star Movies and all shared one room. Yep - we were on a bit of a budget. Eeek! Find out how that went down a bit later :rolleyes:

All in all, we had a brilliant trip. It wasn’t perfect by any means, and I’ll try and write as honestly as I can. This trip report will include the good, the bad and the ugly. Since we hadn’t been to WDW for 10 years, in many ways it felt like the first time, and we had so many fresh and new experiences!

I also took a million pictures, so I’ll be posting lots of them here. They will be a mixture of iPhone, DSLR and Photopass shots!

Here’s hoping you’ll join us for the ride! ;)

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Fabulous pics! The ones of Lisa dancing are great - she looks like she's having the time of her life! :D

Merry Christmas to you as well! Although don't they say Happy Christmas in the UK? :cat:

Thank you! It was so much fun :D A lot of people do say Happy Christmas, but I always tend to say Merry!

Great Report!!! Can't wait for more!

Thank you! Hoping to add some more very soon!

Love your trip report!!

Thanks so much! :)

LisaBelle

I am finally getting around to catching up on my trip report reading. So glad you're back and updating your report. Your dancing pictures are great. I love that your were surprised that Mickey talked! The look of surprise on your face was priceless. Hope you add more soon!

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
I am finally getting around to catching up on my trip report reading. So glad you're back and updating your report. Your dancing pictures are great. I love that your were surprised that Mickey talked! The look of surprise on your face was priceless. Hope you add more soon!

Thank you so much for the kind words LisaBelle! I'm glad you're enjoying it!! Next instalment coming right up! :)

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Our reservation for Be Our Guest (BOG) was at 2.05, and because we had spent longer with Mickey than I originally thought, we left ourselves very little time to get there. I have vidid memories of all four of us running through the MK in order to get there on time! This reservation was the one that we were most excited about - we were not going to miss our shot! :eek:

Luckily, everything was fine and we were soon in the queue. We had ordered our food beforehand (someone on this forum had tipped me about doing this - thank you kind person! :)) so we got in a lot faster than those who had not preordered.

Everything about this restaurant is magical. From the moment you walk up to the entrance, you realise that you are somewhere very special. The attention to detail is remarkable. :inlove:

MKK69.jpg

MKK70.jpg

MKK71.jpg

MKK72.jpg

We walked inside and a CM scanned our magic bands and confirmed our orders. Once we were satisfied that all was correct, he told us that we could walk around and decide where to sit - the Ballroom, the West Wing or the Rose Gallery. We took a rose with us which would tell the servers where we were sitting.

MKK73.jpg

We would have happily sat in any of the rooms, and as we walked around we were so impressed with how they had been designed! You really do feel like you are in the beast’s castle! :D

We ended up sitting in the Rose Gallery as that had the best table available for us. I also liked the smaller, more intimate feel compared to the Ballroom. :)

MKK74.jpg

MKK75.jpg

We sat directly underneath the rotating Belle & Beast, as my selfie shows! Haha.

MKK76.jpg

We went and got our own drinks and cutlery, and very soon our lunches had arrived! The servers were so quick and friendly. The menu was also amazing - it was very hard to choose what to have!

I love Kit's cheesy grin :D:D

MKK77.jpg

I ended up going with the carved turkey sandwich, and it was DE.LIC.IOUS. Oh, I wish I could eat this right now!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

MKK78.jpg

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Here is another shot of the turkey sandwich (a little treat for your eyes ;)):

MKK79.jpg

IT WAS SO GOOD.

For dessert, I decided to be a bit of a rebel and NOT order the Master’s Cupcake, haha. ;) Of course I wanted to try Lumiere’s special ‘grey stuff’ (I’ve heard its delicious - sorry, HAD to be done :hilarious:) but I am a sucker for lemon and really wanted to try the Lemon Meringue cupcake!

MKK80.jpg

Luckily, the other three went for the grey stuff, so I did get to try some anyway!

MKK81.jpg

Spot the odd one out! :geek:

MKK82.jpg

Both cupcakes were equally delicious and everyone agreed! Kit was thrilled that he was able to eat one in the first place … again, AMAZING allergy awareness Disney! I salute you! :p :inlove:

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
After we had all eaten, we did a bit more exploring around the restaurant. We must have been one of the last lunch reservations that they allowed, because the tables were all starting to clear and the CM’s were setting up for their dinner service. I would love to come here for dinner!! Next time maybe. :)

MKK83.jpg

It's very hard to describe the ceiling of the Ballroom! I'll let the pictures do the talking: :inlove:

MKK84.jpg

MKK85.jpg

MKK86.jpg

MKK87.jpg

In the West Wing, as I was busy looking at the rose (wow!!) Kit grabbed my arm and said: “Stevie! That portrait on the wall just changed from the prince to the beast!”

MKK90.jpg

MKK88.jpg

I was excited, so we stood there for AGES, waiting for it to change again, but it didn’t! :banghead: I teased Kit and told him I didn’t believe him, haha. In the end, we gave up, but I would definitely like to go back and see this happen! It must not happen very often. Kit was just super lucky that he was able to see it. :D

We also never got to meet the beast. :( We couldn’t see him at all when we were there … I wonder if it’s because they were setting up for dinner? Ah well - yet another reason to go back! :joyfull:

Until next time, BOG!

MKK91.jpg

<3 <3

LisaBelle

I LOVE BOG!! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie and I am so happy that they themed the restaurant around it. We ate lunch there in the summer of 2014 and we all loved it. My sister and I have dinner reservations there for the last night of our upcoming February trip. The Beast is only there for dinner. I am super excited to meet him.
Forgot to mention earlier that I am a teacher and I applaud you for entering the exciting and challenging world of teaching! Good luck with your training!

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
I LOVE BOG!! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney movie and I am so happy that they themed the restaurant around it. We ate lunch there in the summer of 2014 and we all loved it. My sister and I have dinner reservations there for the last night of our upcoming February trip. The Beast is only there for dinner. I am super excited to meet him.
Forgot to mention earlier that I am a teacher and I applaud you for entering the exciting and challenging world of teaching! Good luck with your training!

Thank you! Lovely to hear from a fellow teacher :) I am enjoying it but it's definitely a (rewarding) challenge!! I'm glad I have a little bit of time off now ;)

We loved BOG for both lunch and dinner. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and brought back great memories for me.

I definitely need to go for dinner! :)

More please!!

Coming up!! ;)

I think it's time for more sad kitty pics…

article-2602528-1D06B2BE00000578-86_634x470.jpg

Awwwwww :cry: :cry: :p Sorry for being so slow at updating!!

I just found and read this all in one hit. Your trip looks like so much fun, I can't wait to read what you though about Diagon Alley I absolutely loved it :)

Oh I loved it too!! The attention to detail was INCREDIBLE!! :)

Great trip report...love those photos at BOG...a very tough place to take pictures!

Thank you! :D

Beast is only at dinner

Thank you - I need to get there for dinner one of these days, I wanna meet him!!

Great report, you two are very attractive ladies. I can't wait to read more.

Haha, you're making me blush! :p Glad you are enjoying the report! :)

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
Hello, hello all! Thank you for all your lovely comments. Once again, apologies for the huge gap in posting! I now have a week off from teaching so hopefully this means lots of TR updates!

After leaving BOG, we decided to head to the FP kiosk as we had used up our three for the day. We managed to nab some for Under the Sea, which was great as we hadn’t been on this ride before!

We had no plans from this point, so we took a wander and happened to go into Pete’s, where Donald and Goofy were meeting & greeting in very fetching outfits. Lisa is in LOVE with Donald (as I may have mentioned previously) so she was very happy with this!

(Cue lots of Photopass pictures!)

MKK92.jpeg

MKK93.jpeg

She looks like she is strangling him! :hilarious:

MKK94.jpeg

MKK95.jpeg

MKK96.jpeg

MKK97.jpeg

MKK98.jpeg

MKK99.jpeg

MKK100.jpeg

MKK101.jpeg

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
(I may have fell a little bit in love with Goofy .. he is a sweetheart!)

I love how Disney brings out the kid in fully-grown adults! Kit's chuffed face :):)

MKK102.jpeg

MKK103.jpeg

MKK104.jpeg

MKK105.jpeg

MKK106.jpeg

MKK107.jpeg

After our photoshoot, we used our FP for Under the Sea which we all loved! It’s a really cute ride, and quite unpredictable for the first-timer! I felt like I was in a magical underwater dream for most of it!!

MKK108.jpeg

MKK109.jpeg

Kit & I got a couple more pictures outside the ride, and then we got another FP for Winnie the Pooh.

Disney-leaf

Original Poster
As we made our way there, who should we see but the main men themselves?!

Look at that cute little boy running after his hero. I love this picture!!

MKK110.jpg

MKK112.jpg

It was another sweet ride - my niece and nephew (aged 3 and 5) would have loved it!

We then decided to do something we hadn’t actually done before on this trip (considering we are now on day 5, that’s quite an achievement!) - we split up! :) I’m still super proud of me and Lisa that we had no squabbles on this trip .. we are sisters, after all! ;)

Lisa and Wing went to hit the shops, whilst Kit and I went to explore the Swiss Family Treehouse.

But first, it was time for a snack!

MKK113.jpg

Dole Whip HEAVEN. Thanks to all of those on here who recommended them - they are awesome.

The Swiss Family Treehouse was fun, and it was nice to have a bit of shade and be away from the crazy crowds for a bit.

MKK114.jpg

MKK115.jpg

MKK116.jpg

MKK117.jpg

MKK118.jpg

After this we decided to head back to our hotel. We had an earlyish dinner reservation that we didn’t want to miss, and we were all feeling a bit tired at this point!

We saw another PP photographer on the way out of the park, and couldn’t resist getting one more snap! Seriously, we got our money’s worth with those guys! Haha.

MKK119.jpeg

MKK121.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom