Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sunday, July 24

This would be our 5th day at WDW and we hadn’t yet visited Magic Kingdom. :jawdrop:

Em and I were ready for a good morning in our favorite park. That meant an early start to arrive in time for resort guest entry. Our room was located closer to the bus stop than the boat dock, so bus it was!

5DFB0FF6-8784-415C-8D45-F883A579877B.jpeg

Less than fifteen minutes had elapsed between the above photo and the one below.

EE8EC6BC-4E40-49A9-A31A-3AF71D97FD56.jpeg

We still miss the Welcome Show atop the train station platform. :cry:

Non-resort guests may enter MK early too, but only resort guests get a half-hour head start on attractions in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. Every else has to remain on Main Street or in the hub. This picture was taken at 8:08.

B63D27C2-721F-4072-88AA-76F5A5F03A7F.jpeg

Since we had a little time, I asked Em if she wanted to check Starbucks for MK’s 50th mug.

Though she was a little less skeptical than she was the other day at DHS, she didn’t expect to find it.

When will she learn that Mom is always right?

2C0D435B-5966-4572-86DC-DFBA5131FDEE.jpeg

DA41355A-A1D7-4313-BB6A-7F050E7DD1EB.jpeg

C7C7D829-14B9-4274-85C3-6996A9C3E9BE.jpeg

Purchase made in under two minutes. Have you ever seen a Starbucks this empty in the morning?

EFFCB394-7E5A-475B-9B63-8AEA61AD2E8A.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ahh, the tranquility of waiting for rope drop.

38AF83AB-43B1-4739-9065-2F54265264C4.jpeg

Just kidding!!!

890B61D9-6EC5-410A-A017-D960BBE427FA.jpeg

This sea of humanity was on the Fantasyland bridge. The other sea was on the Tomorrowland bridge. You only have two options during Early Entry. Cast Members (and security) block all other park pathways until official opening time.

Em and I took solace in the fact that 90% of the people ahead of us would be heading for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Unless we’re accompanied by a Tuva-tiny, we’ll gladly bypass this ride.

When the rope drops the crowd moves very slowly. CMs control the speed, plus there’s the “funnel effect” of the narrow walkway between the Tea Cups and Cheshire Cat Cafe/Pooh. Once through that slowdown, the 10% of us not going to 7DMT pick up the pace as we head for our first attraction.

22BC1D45-0687-4ACF-B22F-52CC8302C0F9.jpeg

Wait a minute, Tu!

Did you miss Cordy Pooh?

My darling daughter preferred to see the Darlings instead.

898D8B86-C00B-4F60-BC39-C6C09B5EDE40.jpeg

1457C30F-A2C1-4532-AA87-8D2F29B57AD5.jpeg

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was expecting an Arty Pooh but certainly not a Cordy Pooh! I think I missed out on some new terminology! :in pain:
View attachment 665217

The explanation can be found here:

But to save you a click --

This is too adorable not to share.

My mother is currently at WDW with my brother's family.

She sent me the following text a little while ago.

Inside Epcot waiting for the cord to drop.

Thus Em and I have made a decision.
3AD71D15-97EA-4C94-8984-686BD4AD17AC.jpeg

BlackCauldron

“What’s that perfumy smell?” asked Em after entering the room.

Oh good she smells it too, I thought.

We did a quick look around. We deduced it could not be coming from the lobby, as our room was too far away and not near it. Stepping back out into the hall, we could smell nothing. It was only inside our room.

“Maybe it’s chemicals from a deep clean?” said Em. I shrugged. The odor was especially pungent when the a/c was blowing. It wasn’t an unpleasant smell….fragrantly floral….but anyone with a sensitive nose wouldn’t have been able to tolerate it.

We stayed in a Poly studio in early August, and we noticed this smell as well. At first I thought I was going crazy. The smell was absolutely not present in the halls and common areas. It was coming from inside the room. My thought was the same - perhaps it came from the deep clean. It wasn't strong, and it wasn't unpleasant, but it was certainly noticeable. . . . . and it persisted for all 4 days of our stay. That got me wondering if they added some sort of air freshener somewhere.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We stayed in a Poly studio in early August, and we noticed this smell as well. At first I thought I was going crazy. The smell was absolutely not present in the halls and common areas. It was coming from inside the room. My thought was the same - perhaps it came from the deep clean. It wasn't strong, and it wasn't unpleasant, but it was certainly noticeable. . . . . and it persisted for all 4 days of our stay. That got me wondering if they added some sort of air freshener somewhere.
There will be more to come in the smell saga….

(And I’m sorry you had to deal with a similar situation at the Poly last month.)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was 9 am on the dot when I took this picture. The park was now open to all guests. We were gonna be some of the first folks to experience Haunted Mansion today!

AE94E4A2-3E57-47CF-A4CE-559EC6651283.jpeg

Em and I breezed through the empty queue and walked right into the stretching room where other guests were waiting. The doors closed and the sequence started. After being told “to find a way out” we were a little surprised to see a crowd already assembled in the load area.

850F3C3C-B345-4923-9D2E-F4BA34B0F1FE.jpeg

But nobody moved. After a few stationary minutes it was clear something was going on with those playful spooks!

Ten minutes passed. Thankfully guests that arrived after us must have been held in the queue outside the Mansion, since there wasn’t another “stretching room dump” into the load area.

Eventually someone in charge made the call to evacuate. While I have always been interested in an evac from HM, I didn’t want it to be from the load zone!

We were all asked to turn around and head for the exit.

66F552E6-DFD2-4584-88F0-031A0B62C86A.jpeg

We weren’t gonna be some of the first folks to ride after all. :arghh:

93boomer

Premium Member
It was 9 am on the dot when I took this picture. The park was now open to all guests. We were gonna be some of the first folks to experience Haunted Mansion today!

View attachment 665578

Em and I breezed through the empty queue and walked right into the stretching room where other guests were waiting. The doors closed and the sequence started. After being told “to find a way out” we were a little surprised to see a crowd already assembled in the load area.

View attachment 665579

But nobody moved. After a few stationary minutes it was clear something was going on with those playful spooks!

Ten minutes passed. Thankfully guests that arrived after us must have been held in the queue outside the Mansion, since there wasn’t another “stretching room dump” into the load area.

Eventually someone in charge made the call to evacuate. While I have always been interested in an evac from HM, I didn’t want it to be from the load zone!

View attachment 665580

not fair sutton foster GIF by YoungerTV

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’ve always meant to ask you-do you buy new refillable mugs every visit or do you just reuse them for water or whatever? If so, you must have hundreds!

Also, I have both of these dresses in my “Disney Closet” Beauties! 😍
We reuse them for water. I’ve pitched ones I didn’t like and saved some of the old ones.
@Disney Loving Swede recognized me by my dress! :joyfull:

fractal

View attachment 665578

View attachment 665579

View attachment 665580

giphy.gif

lindawdw

We were also in that sea of humanity in Fantasyland waiting to do early entry rope drop on our March trip and we raced to PP first too! Bummer that you weren't able to ride HM but hopefully you got on it later in the day. I do find that ride breaks down a lot now. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom