EtwB still doing any test openings?

startraveler

Original Poster
We'll be there in a few weeks. Hoping to be able to check it out. I know it's just being at the right place at the right time. Just wondering if there's still a chance. Any chance that they might open it for the Halloween parties?

tahqa

Probably not. Cast members are saying that they've gotten all their data and there will be no more play testing. It probably won't open again until AP previews in early November.

Magenta Panther

Personally, I would hate to be the cast member who had to work at ETwB. It'd be like working at a day care, with a new bunch of kids every 15 minutes. Gaaahhhh!!!

sdobek

They were taking pretty large groups today. We saw the door open and headed over and got in and there were about a hundred people already in line inside. It was about a 45 min wait but we were able to demo the attraction.

picarello0823

Has anyone seen anything about the AP previews in November? We are going for Thanksgiving and would really like to do the preview. I keep checking daily and still nothing on the site. Any idea when they might post the information?

tahqa

They were play testing again last week and on the weekend. There is no set schedule for it and the only thing I've been able to determine is that you can't trust what the cast members tell you.

As for relationship to Philharmagic... I don't think they are primarily drawing from there anymore. If play testing is occurring you just have to walk to the door and ask and they'll let you into the cottage area. If you see a cast member standing at that doorway it's usually a sign that play testing is happening or is going to happen.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
They were play testing again last week and on the weekend. There is no set schedule for it and the only thing I've been able to determine is that you can't trust what the cast members tell you.

As for relationship to Philharmagic... I don't think they are primarily drawing from there anymore. If play testing is occurring you just have to walk to the door and ask and they'll let you into the cottage area. If you see a cast member standing at that doorway it's usually a sign that play testing is happening or is going to happen.
This -My wife and daughter were using the restroom near Pinnochio's Village House, and I noticed 2 cast members standing by that door. I went over to them and asked if they were doing any testing that day. They said they would be looking for people in about 5 minutes. I sat down nearby, and waited for my wife and 6 year old daughter to come out. When they did, I frantically motioned them to come sit by me, and whispered to my wife what was going on, so it'd be a surprise for my daughter. My 6 year old loved it - she got to play chip in the play, and got a bookmark straight from Belle....she would have slept with that bookmark if we let her that night.

The special effects going into the portal are amazing, and the interaction is very unique. I got a great video of the whole show, and I highly recommend it to everyone, particularly those with small daughters :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
We got in last Saturday. WDWCelebrations tweeted they were testing and we went over about an hour later. A CM was simply posted at the closed door and we asked if they were testing. She said yes and let us in. Had about a 15 min. wait to get in. I thought it was very well done, although I could've done without waiting for everyone in the "show" to take their picture with Belle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom