Escape to Walt's Wilderness - a new tour now being offered at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Jon81uk

Doesn't look like it's even remotely worth a $109 (+ tax) price tag. They can do better than that to make it worth the money.

Breakfast including beverages is around a $15 value, wagon ride is $8, archery is normally $39 for 90 minutes (but this could be less time) boat tour with guide is maybe worth $20 so its not far off in terms of value compared to getting the separate items. But yes you could have a self-guided tour with campfire, archery and wagon ride at Fort Wilderness for $50.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Breakfast including beverages is around a $15 value, wagon ride is $8, archery is normally $39 for 90 minutes (but this could be less time) boat tour with guide is maybe worth $20 so its not far off in terms of value compared to getting the separate items. But yes you could have a self-guided tour with campfire, archery and wagon ride at Fort Wilderness for $50.
It depends on how much value the guide adds. If the guide adds quite a bit of history, then it seems it could be worth the money. If the guide is junk, then likely not.

I'm a sucker for Ft. Wilderness though, so this is one of the first new extra $ offerings that has appealed to me.

DisneyJunkie

It depends on how much value the guide adds. If the guide adds quite a bit of history, then it seems it could be worth the money. If the guide is junk, then likely not.

I'm a sucker for Ft. Wilderness though, so this is one of the first new extra $ offerings that has appealed to me.

I still don't see myself paying $109 for a little breakfast and to hear a guide telling history that most likely could be easily found - freely too - online.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I still don't see myself paying $109 for a little breakfast and to hear a guide telling history that most likely could be easily found - freely too - online.
I get that. As with any of these, it's a personal decision as to what value it offers to each individual. Being there with someone telling me about things as I am walking around them instead of trying to remember what I read online appeals to me, it may not others. None of the other extra ticketed events and tours have really appealed to me. This one does.
Your mileage may vary.

Animaniac93-98

Your numbers (15 + 8 + 39) add up to $62, not $50 :p , but the point about the guide is true. Does the wagon ride include a visit to the ranch? I'm not overly familiar with Fort Wilderness so I don't know if anyone can walk in and see the place.

A self-guided tour would also involve BYO binoculars and guide books.

Zipadeelady

I love the sound of this tour!! If I could afford an extra $545 for my family of 5 I would definitely do it. When I win the lottery I'll put this on my list of must do's at Disney! :D

Jon81uk

Your numbers (15 + 8 + 39) add up to $62, not $50 :p , but the point about the guide is true. Does the wagon ride include a visit to the ranch? I'm not overly familiar with Fort Wilderness so I don't know if anyone can walk in and see the place.

A self-guided tour would also involve BYO binoculars and guide books.

I didn't add the food cost into the $50 self-guided tour, I was just allowing for marshmallows ($0.50 as far as I know at the nightly campfire), wagon ride and archery. The campfire itself is free and anyone is free to walk around Fort Wilderness and visit the Tri-Circle D ranch. So you could have a similar time there for $50 (take a boat from MK, do archery, wagon ride, walk around, see the ranch and then campfire) plus food costs, except the free campfire is at night whereas this is a breakfast tour.

DisneyJunkie

Wh...?

You can watch a YouTube video of Pirates of the Caribbean online, too. Doesn't meant there's no value in actually experiencing it.

Sure it does.....depending on what you're talking about. This kind of tour - no value. Riding POTC as opposed to watching on YouTube - definitely more value in riding.

punkabella

I think this sounds like something I would do when taking a day off from the parks. I haven't visited Fort Wilderness except for when going to that Hoop De Doo dinner, and that's always been at night. It'd be nice to take a look around during the day through a guided tour that has stops along the way. If they added fishing and made it a 6-8 hour excursion, that'd certainly get my husband; hook, line, and sinker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom