News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

PREMiERdrum

Two things:

Great pacing... something they've missed on a LOT recently. And,

Incredible open-air design. Each element operating on each plane fully suported eachother without a shred of dissonance. The deliberate cascading of the moving spots to pull and push your eye exactly where they wanted it to setup or surprise you with the next step.

Wow. Just wow.

Home run.

Den Carter

My take is that it feels old school Disney. Very pyro heavy. Builds really well. It lacks the energy of Harmonious, though. Much better visibility though. I LOVED Harmonious, but only from a small number of viewing positions. I think this show is a winner. And the vibe at Epcot tonight was the buzziest I've experienced it for years

CJR

I thought it was OK. Not as good as RoE, but better than Harmonious.

It would be fun to eventually revive a version of RoE with this technology. It looks like it's designed for multiple shows. Smart move, honestly.

Overall, a win, just because the lagoon looks better during the day.

Mikey73181

As someone who LOVED Illuminations and was sad to see it go, and I was there for the final show of it and the debut of Epcot Forever and hated it because it wasn’t Illuminations but eventually knew it was just the temporary replacement until Harmonious. Harmonious eventually grew on me but it still wasn’t great and the tacos were obnoxious. I was very impressed by this show.

aladdin2007

I can't decide what to make of it either,,,It had moments, the singing got a little screeching again like the last show and it was way too preachy with all the narration that bothers me....but the one heartbeat song that plays several minutes after? why didnt they use this track in the show itself!!! it was excellent.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It’s leaps and bounds better than Harmonius. I loved the fireworks from the central barge - great effect.

I could live with cutting “friend like Me” as I didn’t feel it fit. Other than that I felt like it was a home run. I liked the homage to Illuminations by using SSE as the globe in the background.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I can't decide what to make of it either,,,It had moments, the singing got a little screeching again like the last show and it was way too preachy with all the narration that bothers me....but the one heartbeat song that plays several minutes after? why didnt they use this track in the show itself!!!
Agree way too much narration. It stopped the momentum of the show each time it came up and didn’t work effectively as a transition.

IanDLBZF

I think honestly I was glad to see Harmonious go, Harm was meh.
But I think Luminous, given what I've heard (so far) from folks here on the forums and on X, may be a worthwhile successor to IROE. Looking forward to seeing it on NYE at 6:30pm (before hopping back to MK to see FITS). Though I can agree Friend Like Me may be better off not in the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom