News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

wfitz

As mentioned above, almost all the cut pyro and fireworks that occurred since like New Years have finally been returned to the show's finale and restored as of Thursday March 7, 2024.

Just to rundown,
  • Two separate sequence of 6 small green shells. This was initially cut to 3 in January, then 2 shells a month later. Back to 6 now.
  • Green crossettes were swapped with ones that have a shorter airtime (tbh I prefered this since they were also louder since it exploded during a quiet note in the song).
  • Red crossettes during the center barge sequence was similarly swapped with ones that have a shorter airtime.
However, "I See The Light" and the finale are still using the "cutback" comets with a brighter star but shorter tail.
Also, the finale crackles were recently gone for a couple weeks. This also returned last Thursday (3/7).

Here's a comparison video of different showings for the past 3-ish months. You can see quite a difference in the pyro supply being used and the number of shells that were reduced for quite a while. I tried to mark it with comments when it happens.

Am I crazy or are these the normal comets? This was during the “I See The Light” section on Monday March 18th, 2024.

Attachments

• IMG_5239.png
    IMG_5239.png
    861.7 KB · Views: 41

gerarar

Premium Member
With the return of the original comets during "I See the Light" and the finale, this finally restores the show back to 100% (pyro wise) as how it debuted a little over 3 months ago.

Hopefully this is the last of any "cuts"/changes for the foreseeable future. It is pretty weird that if this was indeed a pyro supply issue, that they already ran into issues barely a month after the show premiered and had to start cutting shells and doing swaps.

Quick comparison video showing the change/restore of original supply.

Last edited:

cjkeating

With the return of the original comets during "I See the Light" and the finale, this finally restores the show back to 100% (pyro wise) as how it debuted a little over 3 months ago.

Hopefully this is the last of any "cuts"/changes for the foreseeable future. It is pretty weird that if this was indeed a pyro supply issue, that they already ran into issues barely a month after the show premiered and had to start cutting shells and doing swaps.

Quick comparison video showing the change/restore of original supply.

Wouldn't surprise me if they launched with their preferred supply and then went back to use old stock up.

gerarar

Premium Member
They took it from a speaker that prioritizes vocals so that's why. The show has different layers of audio mixing for speakers with some prioritizing vocals, the backing track & some doing both.
I thought it was recording from a TV in one of the nearby resort rooms since you can directly plug into it and extract the audio.

That's how we have the current HEA soundtrack despite it never being officially released (unless this has changed recently that I'm not remembering).

Squishy

I thought it was recording from a TV in one of the nearby resort rooms since you can directly plug into it and extract the audio.

That's how we have the current HEA soundtrack despite it never being officially released (unless this has changed recently that I'm not remembering).
I don't think Epcot resort rooms have the music?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom