Epcot's 25th Ideas

I'm dreaming right along with ya.

~Now if only all of our dreams would ban together and beat that wand down into the swampy marsh undernieth EPCOT where it grew out of.:lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They could re-use the Epcot opening media-blitz..

"The Future Begins, October 2007."

That could lead to all sorts of new stuff - the future of WDW in general. They made the millenium celebration, which was an Epcot thing, into an all-resort thing.

stitchcastle

mousermerf said:
They could re-use the Epcot opening media-blitz..

"The Future Begins, October 2007."

That could lead to all sorts of new stuff - the future of WDW in general. They made the millenium celebration, which was an Epcot thing, into an all-resort thing.

I like the sound of that

EpcotGirl

Figment fan said:
I know a lot of buzz on these forums has been made about this celebration, so I starting a thread about what you want for this celebration. Here are my ideas:
  • Spaceship Earth finally loses the wand is replaced by a candle for the celebration.
  • The Test Track Pavilion is expanded with World of Motion making a return.
  • The Mission Space pavilion is renamed to the World of Space, with Horizons returing.
  • Wonders of Life opens daily.
  • Kitchen Kabaret returns to the Land Pavilion.
  • The Imagination pavilion gets a major refurb, with the Journey Into Imagination ride returning to it's first incarnation. HISTA is replaced by a new 3-D how. The Imageworks are moved back upstairs.
  • Universe of Energy also gets a major refurb, with Ellen going and Mickey and Donald becoming the stars. "Energy (You make the world go round)" and "Universe of Energy" make a return as the main songs.

Hey I like th universe of enrgey theme

but it be sweet for .. world of motion to return !

(sry bout all the spelling my laptop eyboard isn't worcing right i cant type some letters so i replace them)
Here are a few of my realistic (at least in my imagination) Ideas:
First off,
-Instead of putting in a rhine rier ride in Germany, put in a ride lie soaring ust coer up the large building with a new castle facade mimicing Neuswanstein castle,
-expand the italy paillion to the magnitude of the mediteranian land at tocyo disney seas with ghondola ride and all through enice it could be fun, educational and romantic and not tae up mutch space b/c all u need is building facades along a small canall
-build a raft ride in canada to coer up the soaring building where you are white water rafting with the characters from brother Bear that would be awsome
-refresh AA show it's oerall a good show
-refresh the front entrance, get rid of leae a legacy, put it at the ticet transportation center or something, but ust get it out of epcot, future is horizontal and ertical modern lines not giant angle blocs utting into SSE!!!
-as Dr seeKer said
WAY more fibre optic pavements.
-and of course what i'e always wanted, a new pailion in place of wol that depicted the dreams of Walt Disney and displayed models, artworK and classic rides (COP) from Disney this would proide a safe place for thase classics that we all Loe!!!
Anyway these where ust a few

again i appologize for my typing I thin its broce HA HA I CANT TYPE ANYTHING

Hey! my keyboard works again. Thnk God! anyway. Those where my ideas if you where able to desipher them. I know the spelling stinks along with the bad keyboard it was just a mess!!! well hope u liked my ideas! and can't wait to see all yours!!!
-Karl

Corryn

BRING BACK TAPESTRY OF NATIONS PARADE!!! - I listen to that CD in my car every morning (very relaxing in traffic!) and I just loved that parade (way-la, de-la de-la,heyheyhey, o way-la way.....).

EPCOT is my favorite park, but I think the reason why they have made a big MumboJumbo of it is because of the feedback: Most people I know say EPCOT is :snore: boring :snore: NOT ME!!! Ever since it has been opened, it is my favorite park. It is obvious that EPCOT is lost, and they need to go back to the original principals, but keep them updated.

Put In More Trees - Future World is very sparce and it needs more shade.

More Flamingos!

Overhaul the Rose Gardens.

New Country(ies) Carribean Nations, maybe some South American country. They should have put Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride in Morocco!

New Ride/Attraction: Something Extraterrestrial, and I'm not talking Stitch! A new UFO abduction motion-simulation ride where you are seated in a convertible driving down a lonely dark road when all of a sudden, everything goes black and a beam of light appears above your heads. You are suddenly beamed into a Mothership and it takes you for an educational journey around the universe.

I'm basing that ride on my visits to the Hayden Planetarium's Space Theater at New York's American Museum of Natural History. What an Amazing Show! I haven't met anyone who has been to that show who came out of there Doubting there is life on another planet somewhere.

Corryn

Rayray said:
4. Conduct a major rehab of SSE including new scenes, a new ride system, and new vehicles. Keep the main parts of the ride but include a more spectacular ending to the attraction. Keep the ride slow and smooth.
I agree - And dont' forget the Padded Headrests! (That would make SSE THE best relaxation attraction on a hot, humid afternoon).

I LOVE Epcot!! I would like to see the following:

More countries added to World Showcase. There are many choices, Spain,Greece, Holland, Egypt, Ireland just to name a few.

I agree with all who love the original Journey to the Imagination. Bring that back!

matt88mph

I don't know if I ever posted this, but it works:

-The whole celebration is titled, "25 Years of Discovery"

-World Showplace (formerly Millennium Central) becomes host to "Epcot: The First 25 Years," a new interactive exhibit featuring concepts and artifacts from Epcot's first quarter-century of existance, plus an area devoted to Walt Disney's original E.P.C.O.T. After the big celebration, the exhibit will go on tour throughout the country.

-Spaceship Earth is cleaned up, the wand is taken down, and new audio equipment is installed, plus it is given a new finale.

-Who says World Showcase gets to have all the parades? Future World gets its own daytime parade giving tribute to all the current Future World pavillions, each pavillion getting its own float (with two more for Soarin' and HISTA).

-Wonders of Life is cleaned up, updated, and is given my plans for refurbishment.

-New rides are added to WS, including something for the UK (what, I don't know).

-Illuminations25 returns with an all-new beat, featuring the attraction themes that have made Epcot memorable for the last 25 years.

-Imagination changes its name back to Journey into Imagination, with the triumphant return of the Dreamfinder. The upstairs Imageworks is reopened, with new suprises around every corner. For the first time ever, all three 3-D films that have played in the Magic Eye Theater are shown throughout the day.

SilentWindODoom

EPCOT's 25th

Well, lets see...

-Convert Spaceship Earth like the castle was. I actually kind of liked the castle cake design. You could have the top 3rd of Spaceship Earth frosted like a cupcake, with a candle on top. 24 other candles surround it. You mght not like it, but think of it. It's something right up Disney's alley, plus, to implement it, the wand would have to be taken down. Maybe, after doing so, they won't put it back up after the sphere is converted back.

-Reopen Wonders of Life Pavillion permenently.

-Turn Mission: Space into the Final Frontier Pavillion and Test Track into the Transportation Pavillion. Add a few other things in each, but probably not more rides.

-Return the seacabs to the Living Seas, which I hope is happening now.

-I love the idea of changing Imageworks with a Muppets theme. It could be the laboratory of Bunson and Beaker, fitting in perfectly with the Imagination Institute Theme.

-Keep Universe of Energy just as it is. It's perfect. The Land can stay the same too.

-You can read my thread in this board for my dreams for World Showcase.

jedimaster1227

Figment fan said:
I know a lot of buzz on these forums has been made about this celebration, so I starting a thread about what you want for this celebration. Here are my ideas:
  • Spaceship Earth finally loses the wand is replaced by a candle for the celebration.
  • The Test Track Pavilion is expanded with World of Motion making a return.
  • The Mission Space pavilion is renamed to the World of Space, with Horizons returing.
  • Wonders of Life opens daily.
  • Kitchen Kabaret returns to the Land Pavilion.
  • The Imagination pavilion gets a major refurb, with the Journey Into Imagination ride returning to it's first incarnation. HISTA is replaced by a new 3-D how. The Imageworks are moved back upstairs.
  • Universe of Energy also gets a major refurb, with Ellen going and Mickey and Donald becoming the stars. "Energy (You make the world go round)" and "Universe of Energy" make a return as the main songs.

As much as we can all dream, (I hate to have to say this because then I feel like I'm Thrawn lol :lol:) the return of WOM, KK, and the JII original version is near impossible. I can't imagine Iger accepting the idea to spend money to bring entire rides back that Disney already wasted money to get rid of. I wish it wasn't true as much as you probably do when you read this but facts are facts. The return of the Dreamfinder is INEVITABLE. An expansion of TT is possible but unlikely. A full reopening of WOL is possible but not likely. WOM and Horizons are dead! We have to accept it and appreciate what we still have (Which let me say is not much, but it is something.) Iger is looking at ways to better Epcot and return it to its past glory. Maybe he will succeed, maybe not. You have to realize that those of us who grew up with Horizons, WOM, the original WOL, the original JII and all of the original attractions from Epcot that are no longer there are lucky. Our children and their children won't ever get to experience the things we were able to and for that I feel lucky. I wish it were all able to be brought back but we all have to accept that with Disney, money is their first priority, no matter what.

CrashNet

A lot of these are interesting ideas, but unfortunately not all of them are really that feasible. While EPCOT was retrofitted for the Tapestry of Nations parade, it was an absolute MONSTER to successfully handle and run each night. EPCOT just isn't designed for major daily parades.

The wand...LOTS of people want it gone, but with the addition of Epcot and taking a look at the steel structure, they pretty much planned for that baby to be there for a long time.

Illuminations...always up in the air. The first thing many have to realize is that the show is still an enormous hit. Old and new alike love the show, and come back repeatedly just to see it. Secondly, Illuminations will probably undergo rehab before being changed entirely. To be honest, as a guest said, "the show is timeless...it just never seems to get old."

Spaceship Earth...such a tough one to figure out. While a rehab is a wonderful idea, as the icon of the park, they are probably racking their brains trying to figure out what exactly to do with it.

Horizons...as jedimaster said, its gone. Disney won't invest money to bring back an attraction that was removed.

Wonders of Life...its gone as well. The pavilion has been removed from the map. Now its just a matter of figuring out whether to gut it and build something new inside or destroy it and build a new pavilion all-together.

EPCOT is like the Cinderella of WDW. All of the other parks have had a lot of attention the past several years because we love to make children happy. EPCOT is the more grownup park, with culture, diversity, and romantic getaways for honeymooners and seasoned couples. Imagineering has found the glass slipper however, and has gone into what they call "Revitalization Mode," which basically means once Expedition Everest is complete, Imagineering will start focusing on what is already here and not building new things. You've probably noticed a lot of attractions and sections of EPCOT have gone down for minor or intermediate rehabs. They are simply working on the easy stuff first while planning for the big changes to take place later. EPCOT will get is shining moment soon. ;) :D

jedimaster1227

Nicely said, what was once Epcot on the backburner will Rock n' Rollercoaster didn't boost MGM (Or should I say, Disney Studios) to a full day park, but it is still only a half day park. Because of this Disney is investing in Epcot to make sure that it stays a full day park and that it doesn't become severely outdated. With a new Canada film, a new Norway film, the possibility of a brand new future world pavilion and the inevitable return of the Dreamfinder, Epcot seems set for its 30th anniversary. I say the 30th anniversary because lets face the facts, they arent closing the park to work on everything, but they are closing attractions one by one for the rehab train. TLS is almost done. Next is WOL and UoE. Following this will be new additions (attractions or rehabs) to the World Showcase, last but not least at all will be the reintroduction of the Dreamfinder to the Imagination pavilion.

Crazy Harry

Ok, how about adding something to innoventions that is worth seeing. I'm afraid I skip it everytime I go. I can't see spending time there instead of other parts of the park considering there is just so much to see and do, but if there was something particularly interesting, I wouldn't feel so guilty about spending some time there

A wing devoted to walt's original vision of EPCOT would be the obvious coice IMO

Tim G

Crazy Harry said:
Ok, how about adding something to innoventions that is worth seeing. I'm afraid I skip it everytime I go. I can't see spending time there instead of other parts of the park considering there is just so much to see and do, but if there was something particularly interesting, I wouldn't feel so guilty about spending some time there

A wing devoted to walt's original vision of EPCOT would be the obvious coice IMO
Ok... and you're gonna pay it all... :lol:

PS. The Wand STAYS....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom