Epcot's 25th Ideas

Figment fan

Original Poster
I know a lot of buzz on these forums has been made about this celebration, so I starting a thread about what you want for this celebration. Here are my ideas:
  • Spaceship Earth finally loses the wand is replaced by a candle for the celebration.
  • The Test Track Pavilion is expanded with World of Motion making a return.
  • The Mission Space pavilion is renamed to the World of Space, with Horizons returing.
  • Wonders of Life opens daily.
  • Kitchen Kabaret returns to the Land Pavilion.
  • The Imagination pavilion gets a major refurb, with the Journey Into Imagination ride returning to it's first incarnation. HISTA is replaced by a new 3-D how. The Imageworks are moved back upstairs.
  • Universe of Energy also gets a major refurb, with Ellen going and Mickey and Donald becoming the stars. "Energy (You make the world go round)" and "Universe of Energy" make a return as the main songs.

Testtrack321

Mine?

-Wand gotta go.
-Referb of SSE
-Referb of Innoventions Plaza and Innoventions
-History of Epcot exhibit
-WoL open daily
-New countries

stitchcastle

-They would take the wand off as a sign of the big celebration.

-everything gets refurbed

-Huge clean-up

-At least two new countries

-New attractions for each existing country that needs one.

-A new version of illuminations that ties together all the previous versions

-import "Rhythms of the World" from Tokyo DisneySea

-A brand new parade

-the return of Dreamfinder

-the relocation of TimeKeeper

NeXuS1000

Figment fan said:
I know a lot of buzz on these forums has been made about this celebration, so I starting a thread about what you want for this celebration. Here are my ideas:
  • Spaceship Earth finally loses the wand is replaced by a candle for the celebration.
  • The Mission Space pavilion is renamed to the World of Space, with Horizons returing.
  • The Imagination pavilion gets a major refurb, with the Journey Into Imagination ride returning to it's first incarnation. HISTA is replaced by a new 3-D how. The Imageworks are moved back upstairs.
  • Universe of Energy also gets a major refurb, with Ellen going and Mickey and Donald becoming the stars. "Energy (You make the world go round)" and "Universe of Energy" make a return as the main songs.

You're living in the past. Stop living in the past!

SIR90210

- New parade
- New shows in France and Canada
- Show update at AA
- Ride update at Mexico
- Change WoL into a Time themed pavilion, complete with Timekeeper
- SSE rehab
- Return of original JII
- NO MORE WAND!!!! :fork:

I think I would be happy with a nice rehab for SSE and call it a year. Nothing major, but just a nice sprucing, updated effects, few new scenes maybe given advancements in communication not represented, and a new ending cause the current one is rather lacking.

Here are my miriad of other suggestions:

Turn global neighborhood into tron style look at computers and the internet seeing as how both are a major part of modern day communication.

WOL is dead, bring forth the weather pavilion. I have long dreamed of a storm chaser ride using EMV tech that could blow spidy out the water. Theme the pavilion to a weather center including some smaller exhibits, a shop, and a small walk through attraction detailing weather's effect in shaping the earth as we know it today.

Maybe minor adjustments to UOE, but overall a great attraction which needs no change.

For Mission space I would love a traditional pavilion experience and possibly a dark ride detailing the history of atronomy and space exploration, but I doubt there's much room for either.

Move the speedway from tomorrowland to epcot by test track

Living seas is on the right track i think, so lets so what happens, if this is a true rehab or a character bandaid like so many attractions.

As long as the land doesn't become a travel agency were good, lets keep the theme about the concervation of the land. Maybe a nice rehab for LWTL however, still one of my favs but a little drab in spots.

-Its now or never for imagination. I really don't think that a new dark ride there will ever be what we want it, so lets tear it out and build an indoor coaster like RNRC. It would be called Brainstormers. The story is dream finder has built a device which sends people whirling into there own imagination, but trouble arises when figment gets in the way and we are sent into his imagination instead. Would be longer and have more to look at than RNRC. Would include an incline launch. Would also have preshow with dreamfinder on his machine or something talking about his invention and the importance of imagination and understanding it by taking a first hand look
-HISTA would be ripped out for an updated version of timekeeper who is also a part of the institute. Not sure how this would be executed just that it would be different and people could sit down
-Dream works would be transformed into muppet labs with exhibits and "experiments" feturing muppet AAs.

OR

Knock it all down and build a newer better horizons attraction called aptly New Horizons. Ride would put you in the scenes instead of simply looking at them and would bring the future (or a fantastic view of it) to life right in front of your eyes.

Do something with Oddessy sp?

Boat ride for germany.

Boat ride for italy.

Greece pavillion with mytholgical raft ride

Effects show simular to mystery lodge at knott's berry farm based on japanese legends and other aspects of classical culture like samuri and kabuki (make it like meet the people with the revolving theature to change scenes.

Add spain, russia, and thailand to countries.

Overall, I'd really like to see the original theme of epcot resurected. For whatever reason the recent administration seemd hell bent onunnesisarily changing epcot's image by tampering with the theme. It once had substance and importance in it's educational themes while maintaining entertainment value. I would now catagorize it as a discovery park where we discover learning how we came to the technological advances we take advantage of today by discoving their roots or learning how to preserve our planet are no longer important as long as you can go 60 mph and spin really fast. I miss the message that enlightenemt is the path to progress and prosperity. Those ideals have been comprimised. Now this doesn't meen we shouldn't have attractions like TT or MS, but let's either tweek their aproach or maintain other attractions which balance the difference. It's late, I'm tired, and I think I've rambled way too much.

The end

Enderikari

martinthesparta said:
-Its now or never for imagination. I really don't think that a new dark ride there will ever be what we want it, so lets tear it out and build an indoor coaster like RNRC. It would be called Brainstormers. The story is dream finder has built a device which sends people whirling into there own imagination, but trouble arises when figment gets in the way and we are sent into his imagination instead. Would be longer and have more to look at than RNRC. Would include an incline launch. Would also have preshow with dreamfinder on his machine or something talking about his invention and the importance of imagination and understanding it by taking a first hand look

To tell you the absolute truth, though it will never ever happen, that is one of the best blue sky ideas I have EVER seen, especially from internet message boards. Nice little story, falling back on heritage. Maybe try to take focus away from the coaster though, Disney has built a bunch of coasters recently

Enderikari said:
To tell you the absolute truth, though it will never ever happen, that is one of the best blue sky ideas I have EVER seen, especially from internet message boards. Nice little story, falling back on heritage. Maybe try to take focus away from the coaster though, Disney has built a bunch of coasters recently

Thankyou very much for the feed back. I feel this is one of my better ideas all things considered. I just felt that a roller coaster is the best medium for this concept, after all the imagination is a wild, out of control place which is reflective of the ride type. I also really wanted a ride that prpels you at great speeds into the action. The problem would be the land area available. It would have to be somewhere between rnrc and space mountain as far as duration. I guess the best way would have to be tear down the whole pavillion and start fresh for this concept to actually work.

Dr.Seeker

I'm not expecting a whole bunch from disney, but if ANYTHING was possible I wouls like to see:

-An attraction for UK (come on, we're not that boring)
-A return of the symbols for each pavillion
-Living Seas expansion+possible attraction
-WAY more fibre optic pavements.
-More virtual reality at innoventions
+ Whatever anyone else said, cause mine are mostly petty things.

Rayray

1. Make one of the spaces in Innoventions dedicated to the Walt's EPCOT idea. Include a replica of the original scale model of the city.

2. Create a new Future World pavilion - The Time Pavilion. The major attraction would involve exploring some of histories greatest moments. The attraction would be an EMV that is in the "flying position" to maximize viewing experience.

3. Announce a new attraction (ride only) for the World Showcase. The current attraction list for the WS is pathetic.

4. Conduct a major rehab of SSE including new scenes, a new ride system, and new vehicles. Keep the main parts of the ride but include a more spectacular ending to the attraction. Keep the ride slow and smooth.

5. Improve Illuminations. Have the show involve more themes about the future along with the international theme.

Just a few realistic suggestions.

FigmentJedi

1.) Destroy the wand! Have a special ticketed event for people to watch it be brought down.
2.) Give Wonders of Life a nice makeover, update Body Wars and Cranium Command and add a nutrition show featuring Weird Al Yankovic
3.) Eradicate the Insitute theme at Imagination and go back to the Dreamport. Dreamfinder is back along with ToD's Dreamseekers
4.) More stuff for World Showcase including a Godzilla ride for Japan
5.) New version of ToN with the Sage's return as well as new Illuminations

DonaldDoleWhip

1. Brother Bear raft ride in Canada
2. Double decker bus ride through London in UK
3. Exact replica of Sleeping Beauty Castle of DLP in France, complete with a "Castles of Europe" walkthrough
4. Sprucing up of AA and bring back Colonial Mickey daily!
5. Gondola ride in Italy
6. River cruise in Germany
7. Updating of Maelstrom, destroying of the theater and expanding the ride
8. Nothing for Morocco, Japan, China or Mexico

1. Expand Test Track and Mission: Space into actual pavilions
2. WoL replaced by the Weather Center
3. Universe of Energy fixed or destroyed
4. Addition of submarine voyage to Living Seas
5. New film for the land
6. Fixing of Imagination pavillion
7. Update of Spaceship Earth, including removal of wand

I'm a dreamer...

Mystic

DonaldDoleWhip said:
1. Brother Bear raft ride in Canada

I doubt this will happen although I believe a new movie might possibly be in the works, only it won't be circle vision. My brother is a high level editor and the company he works for have been taking loads and loads of footage from around the country. His boss was heading down to EPCOT to check out the current one so the rumour is that iall this footage is being collected so that the Canada Pavillion will get a new movie. And it's about time! I live in Toronto and that movie is so old that my office building isn't even built yet!

RealHawker

Figment fan said:

That sounds like a dream to me. I would love it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom