Energy changes . . .

Magicot

Original Poster
(I got no responses in the other thread so I'll try in this one.) Universe of Energy's refurb ended yesterday. Has anyone been to it lately? New carpets? Improved special effects? Anyone?:lookaroun

peter11435

Magicot said:
(I got no responses in the other thread so I'll try in this one.) Universe of Energy's refurb ended yesterday. Has anyone been to it lately? New carpets? Improved special effects? Anyone?:lookaroun
My understanding was that they were only going to replace some of the carpet and some of the screens during the rehab. I'll know more in a few days but I wouldn't expect any other changes such as improved special effects.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I'll check it out tomorrow morning... see whats changed (most likely just carpet and screens though). :wave:

I was there today around 3 but I didn't ride it. It rained almost all day! I'll hop over tomorrow morning and see if I can spot any new updates.

year45

I rode it today, From what I could see, yes the carpet has been replaced, however with the rain it looked crappy already in someplaces. The Screens in the preshow looked nice and possibly new but I think the sound was the thing that got me, everything sounded so nice and crisp especially in the loading/big bang room. One thing I also noticed is that one ride vehicle the has been missing for awhile has returned as I did not see any cast members using the ropes. But They did not put the curtains back up on the two side screens in the radio/movie room. And the lava and fountain were also not working. But other than that its still the same.

Mecha Figment

all i know is i really really really hate the ellen storyline with jepordy. it's sooooo boring. At least the old version had a sence of awe and amazment to it. now its' oh hahah look at the funny dinosaurs haha. when i remember with the old show it's oh wow!!!

ToTBellHop

I'm the exact opposite...the old one was BORING for me and turned into a "buy Exxon gas" commercial at the end. At least Ellen's Energy Adventure is funny...and I grew up w/ Bill Nye the Science Guy.

CThaddeus

Mecha Figment said:
all i know is i really really really hate the ellen storyline with jepordy. it's sooooo boring. At least the old version had a sence of awe and amazment to it. now its' oh hahah look at the funny dinosaurs haha. when i remember with the old show it's oh wow!!!

Funny, I feel exactly the opposite. The current one teaches and entertains. I still laugh at the jokes, and I still look forward to them. Ellen and Jeopardy give this show modern relevance people can relate to. And those who claim no one knows who Bill Nye is anymore obviously don't watch PBS; he's still on every day here.
The original was a long, boring high school science film. If it were any more dry, there would have been cactus growing in the theater. Its only saving grace was being bookended by two great songs.
I took some friends on the Ellen version two weeks ago (the day before it closed) and it turned out to be one of their favorites of all of the attractions at Disney World. The mother couldn't stop talking about it, and both of the children (ages 6 and 9) recognized all of the main actors in the show (even Michael Richards). I hope this show stays in its current form for years to come. It still has a lot to give.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom