News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

JohnD

View attachment 781615
STOP POSTING ABOUT SPLASH MOUNTAIN! I'M TIRED OF SEEING IT! My friends on TikTok send me memes, on Discord its frickin memes. I was in a server, right, and ALL the channels are just Splash Mountain stuff. I showed a fox to my girlfriend, and I said "Hey babe, we're gonna catch that Br'er Rabbit! HAHA! ZIP-A-DEE-DOO-DAH ZIP-A-DEE-AY!" I looked at a trash can and I said "PLEASE DON'T FLING ME IN THE TRASH BIN!" I looked at my shower, I thought of the Laughin Place and I go "NOTHIN BUT BEEEEEES IN HERE" AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
1714069688651.png

In the Parks
No
Wow! Meanwhile, Owl City surely still lives at home and is a phone call away whenever Disney needs him to re-record “When Can We Do this Again?”
I actually saw Owl City live in Milwaukee last Fall, and it was a great show! He sort of disappears for five years and then releases new music. Last I saw he was tweeting about making bread or something.

doctornick

Is this a good time to say “I miss The Great Movie Ride”?

Not a day goes by that I don’t think about it and the Roman Empire.

I miss the capacity it brought to the park and MMRR should have been an addition not a replacement.

But honestly, for as much as people around here lament its loss, I don't think it was all that great. Cool concept, but not really that engaging especially as the CMs who were "acting" as part of the ride got clearly worse in its latter days.

LSLS

Cars is 18 years old, and it still pushes merch to this day. You can go to Target right now and get a Franchesco Bernulli toy from Cars 2 (widely hated by people over 8).
Princesses are always popular. Mirabel has princess popularity. The Madrigals are like the Avengers for younger kids. Everyone has a favorite one (my favorite is Isabela). They still push merch (aside from Antonio for some reason).
Years down the line, when the kids on Encanto are our age (by our I mean 20's-30's), they'll want that nostalgic Encanto merch. Like how we want nostalgic Goofy Movie and Hercules merch. We're seeing it right now for 2000's kids like me with some Treasure Planet and Atlantis things being made.
Frozen is still popular 11 years later. Moana is almost 8. Disney animation has staying power. There are few films (Black Cauldron and stuff like that) that don't have it. But this is Encanto. It has the power.
We've been down this road before, but you aren't going to convince me Encanto is on the same level of Frozen and Moana. BUT, it's also not changing my point. The premise of my argument was that non-IP can also sell a ton of merch, and be reasons for showing up. Sure, some IP does that as well, but you don't HAVE to use only IP to sell merch, or bring people to the parks.

Big_Shakalaka

Guardians could easily be re-themed without IP and still be a wildly popular ride... It is so much fun! Story in my eyes doesn't quite carry...like you said, I have no idea what I am doing or how we win, but it's a fun, thrilling experience....
I was about 30 seconds into the ride and I completely forgot there was any kind of story to the ride. It's so unique and thrilling that the "story", as loose as it is, doesnt matter.

Moth

View attachment 781615
STOP POSTING ABOUT SPLASH MOUNTAIN! I'M TIRED OF SEEING IT! My friends on TikTok send me memes, on Discord its frickin memes. I was in a server, right, and ALL the channels are just Splash Mountain stuff. I showed a fox to my girlfriend, and I said "Hey babe, we're gonna catch that Br'er Rabbit! HAHA! ZIP-A-DEE-DOO-DAH ZIP-A-DEE-AY!" I looked at a trash can and I said "PLEASE DON'T FLING ME IN THE TRASH BIN!" I looked at my shower, I thought of the Laughin Place and I go "NOTHIN BUT BEEEEEES IN HERE" AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
This being the funniest post on the whole site aside...

Disney needs a Dino IP? Easy, hit up the BBC and say they want a Walking with Dinosaurs land or something. Go to Apple and go "can we use Prehistoric Planet?", hell grab John Favreau to work on it for fun. Who cares. I like dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are awesome. Dinosaur the Ride sucks and River Adventure and Pterodactyl Flyers are some of the worst attractions in Florida and Velocicoaster is barely themed to Dinosaurs. Disney can easily do something fun with Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are cool.

Rawr.

Suspirian

This being the funniest post on the whole site aside...

Disney needs a Dino IP? Easy, hit up the BBC and say they want a Walking with Dinosaurs land or something. Go to Apple and go "can we use Prehistoric Planet?", hell grab John Favreau to work on it for fun. Who cares. I like dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are awesome. Dinosaur the Ride sucks and River Adventure and Pterodactyl Flyers are some of the worst attractions in Florida and Velocicoaster is barely themed to Dinosaurs. Disney can easily do something fun with Dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are cool.

Rawr.

Doesn't even need to be dinosaurs if thats their worry! Bring in the Pleistocene animals.

Brer Panther

I wouldn't put it as a top pixar film but it wasn't nearly as bad as what the majority of people said about it.
People claim that everything PIXAR has made since Toy Story 3 except for Inside Out and Coco (and even then I remember a ton of people online talking about how bad Coco looked before it was released) sucks. I personally liked Monsters University, Finding Dory, Cars 3, Incredibles 2, Luca, Onward, Lightyear, and Elemental so I wouldn't be surprised if the claims that The Good Dinosaur is horrible are exaggerations.
You’re putting words in my mouth. I’m saying that Disney’s main appeal is their IP. It’s what gets people through the door. It’s what guests expect to see. Mickey Mouse, Princesses, Toy Story, Star Wars, etc. These characters are what bring guests and sell merchandise. It’s why kids clamor to visit Disney over another theme park. People don’t hate attractions that don’t feature these characters, but those attractions also aren’t why millions of first-time guests flock to Orlando every year. The characters get them through the door, the quality of attractions (both original and IP) and service should keep them coming back.
And yet Disney still uses IP-less rides in their advertising along with IP-based rides. And those IP-less rides still get long lines.
If people had seen it, it would have done better...
Well, yeah, but I'm not immediately going to assume that it bombed because it was bad. If being a bad movie was all it took for a movie to flop, the live action remakes wouldn't keep making so much money.
Disney needs a Dino IP? Easy, hit up the BBC and say they want a Walking with Dinosaurs land or something. Go to Apple and go "can we use Prehistoric Planet?", hell grab John Favreau to work on it for fun. Who cares. I like dinosaurs. Dinosaurs are awesome.
Or they could greenlight a new movie (preferably animated) about dinosaurs and base the Dinoland refresh on that. There's an idea. But nope, gotta sell more Mirabel merchandise.

doctornick

I love soul, best Pixar movie in a while imo would love to see something come to the parks based on it

Soul was good and I liked Luca quite a bit as well, but I think Elemental is way up there in quality among Pixar films - IMHO the best film they've made since Coco.

I actually think Elemental would make a decent setting for an attraction given the uniqueness of the world.

ChewbaccaYourMum

The conception that Pixar doesn't make good movies anymore I feel like is completely overblown by people on the internet/youtube with an agenda against Disney and "wokeness" (whatever that even means...)

Since Toy Story 3 in 2010, the only movies I would consider a miss are Cars 2, The Good Dinosaur, and Lightyear.

Brave, Monsters University, Inside Out, Finding Dory, Cars 3, Coco, Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, Onward, Soul, Luca, Turning Red, and Elemental have all been good with a couple in there that are insanely great and could be easily put up against Pixar's original "pre-Toy Story 3" fantastic movies. Also, Inside Out 2 looks to be adding to the list of great movies based on peoples reactions from seeing the first 30 minutes at CinemaCon.

**sorry this is way off topic to the thread. i saw people posting about this and felt the need to add my 2 cents. delete if need be lol**

Brer Panther

I actually think Elemental would make a decent setting for an attraction given the uniqueness of the world.
I think Elemental would lend itself well to an EPCOT pavilion focusing on the elements.
The conception that Pixar doesn't make good movies anymore I feel like is completely overblown by people on the internet/youtube
Yeah, people have been saying that since Cars 2 was released.

SailorMercury

The conception that Pixar doesn't make good movies anymore I feel like is completely overblown by people on the internet/youtube with an agenda against Disney and "wokeness" (whatever that even means...)

Since Toy Story 3 in 2010, the only movies I would consider a miss are Cars 2, The Good Dinosaur, and Lightyear.
Yeah. This. However, I wasn't a fan of Elemental much. I grew up with Cars 2 so I have a soft spot for it. But yeah Good Dinosaur and Lightyear are really bad lol.

ToTBellHop

Soul was good and I liked Luca quite a bit as well, but I think Elemental is way up there in quality among Pixar films - IMHO the best film they've made since Coco.

I, too, think Elemental is better than it gets credit for. I’ve watched it more than Encanto…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom