News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

DisneyDean97

So the question is, is this a trailer compound or the project, or are the moving something to make room for the project? If it was a just for this project I am not sure why they would have put it so far back, but the parking is all gravel which would seem to indicate temporary.
staging area for the Dino project. there's no room behind Dinoland to stage for this project.

James Alucobond

I mean, will they? We'll find out...
You know the answer.
1710804262441.gif

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So the question is, is this a trailer compound or the project, or are the moving something to make room for the project? If it was a just for this project I am not sure why they would have put it so far back, but the parking is all gravel which would seem to indicate temporary.
This is not construction staging, it appears to be mostly WDI offices. With lots and lots of parking.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be something else.

discos

Did WDI ever set up offices like this when they built Pandora? If they didn't then this whole set up seems like maybe something even bigger will be coming to AK. Maybe its more than just a Dinoland replacement.

lentesta

Premium Member

Get a load of this idiot in the Orlando Sentinel (no paywall) on Friday:

Testa expects a full-blown, revamped DinoLand, once the site of Primeval Whirl, a coaster that closed in 2020 and demolished in 2021.

“I think, again, you’re going to see a big thrill ride, you’ll see a family-friendly, possibly dark ride, possibly water-based ride, sort of intermediate thing like Na’vi River Journey [at Animal Kingdom], and then you’ll see a third ride, which is, you know, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin [at Magic Kingdom] or something like that,” he said.

If I was a betting man instead of the devout religious stock y'all know and love, I'd say Dinosaur becomes Raiders of the Lost Ark-timeline Indiana Jones. Or put another way, there's probably a memo going around with words like "Don't Batuu this, okay?" scrawled at the top.

And just from talk around the water cooler, Dinoland becomes "South America", with culture, flora, and fauna from that region (plus maybe Mexico, so "The Americas"?). I could be wrong there, that's just based on vibes.

I am moderately surprised AK goes before DHS and MK. I didn't hear much about this until fairly recently. I'm very confident in the MK expansion, but now less so about DHS. Just because I don't think they can do 3 big projects in Florida simultaneously.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Was looking forward to riding Dinosaur one last time during our late April/early May trip. May not get that chance now.

I think you will be ok. SFWMD permits often get filed months in advance, and this is just for offices, and this area will take time to build. There would also still need to be permits for a construction staging area, and for the actual project itself. Of course this doesn't mean that they couldn't close Dino early.

James Alucobond

“I think, again, you’re going to see a big thrill ride, you’ll see a family-friendly, possibly dark ride, possibly water-based ride, sort of intermediate thing like Na’vi River Journey [at Animal Kingdom], and then you’ll see a third ride, which is, you know, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin [at Magic Kingdom] or something like that,” he said.
Wait, so ... thrill to replace Dinosaur, dark ride for Encanto, and spinner to replace TriceraTop, but where does a water ride come in? Or is that a qualifier on the dark ride? Encanto being a two-fer with an outdoor section that takes you through the Caño Cristales they showed around Casita would be cool.

discos

Yes, the Avatar trailers were a 12-wide, the new permit shows a 4-wide, and 2 16-wides for WDI, a future 4 wide for WDI and future 16-wide for a contractor. The "future" ones really suggest to me that at least part of this is a move of existing facilities.
That would make sense if they need to move some of those backstage facilities behind Dinoland

DisneyDean97

Get a load of this idiot in the Orlando Sentinel (no paywall) on Friday:

Testa expects a full-blown, revamped DinoLand, once the site of Primeval Whirl, a coaster that closed in 2020 and demolished in 2021.

Wait... so what's the "big thrill ride", it can't be the redo of Dinosaur, is it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom