News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

aladdin2007

How much are we betting they share a completely different Blue Sky concept to replace Dinoland this time next year?

“Encanto and Hocus Pocus are coming to Animal Kingdom!”
I feel like this one is more solid...Vaughn was not in the picture for the last bluesky, clearly he has done some major retooling in Imagineering for the better thankfully if it can all get pushed through, it sounds much more concrete compared to the last, will see.

Eric Graham

Dinosaur is MUCH better than River Adventure. Weird to see Disney give Universal the lead here. Now if we had the fantastic Universal Beijing Jurassic World ride…that would be a different story.
I personally feel that Universal is probably sitting pretty with its upcoming Epic Universe park. I don't believe you have to shed a tear for them. They're probably doing just fine.

Sir_Cliff

You better hope D+ and the Studios turn around quickly and start making money than. Otherwise it will be more of the same. It's quite obvious they don't have the money to do large investments.
If Disney doesn't have money, almost no-one has money. Despite noise from certain quarters, they have plenty of access to cash for investments should they choose to spend the money.

Give me a themed area to a Colombian village with the attention to detail and care of the other areas of the park... toss in an Encanto attraction with a themed area to an idealized recreation of the 'rainbow river'

View attachment 742147
View attachment 742146

Throw in a nearby temple with Indiana Jones exploring some ancient ruins... and throw in some South American animal displays and an AMAZON ANIMAL TREK... and I'll be on board 10,000 percent.
Colombia is absolutely stunning and a wonderful setting for a land. So, too, is Central America if that is the setting for Indiana Jones.

Seems like the idea is to transition from this (Guatemala):
1694373658685.png

to this (Colombia):
1694373723509.png

UNCgolf

Also, why would they even kill Dinoland for these anyway?

There's a MASSIVE expansion area between Asia and Rafiki's Planet Watch.

I'm sure it's because it's much easier to retheme the existing area than to build all the necessary infrastructure etc. for an expansion.

There also may be animal welfare concerns there that they'd have to work around (I think the Jungle Trek is just to the south), which would make it even harder.

Obviously they should still expand, but considering they already eliminated Primeval Whirl they need something to go there too.

Sir_Cliff

I'm sure it's because it's much easier to retheme the existing area than to build all the necessary infrastructure etc. for an expansion.

There also may be animal welfare concerns there that they'd have to work around (I think the Jungle Trek is just to the south), which would make it even harder.

Obviously they should still expand, but considering they already eliminated Primeval Whirl they need something to go there too.
Yes, if the Encanto attraction is decent I am willing to consider that an addition as Primeval Whirl was already gone and terrible when it still existed.

J4546

So happy. That other blue sky was going to be awful. Adding a second water ride would've taken so much extra build time too, glad to see it go this route. With the new movie involving time travel, they may be able to use some existing Dinosaur (although I think it all needs to be replaced) effects.
They are still.adding a major ride which will take time

MoonRakerSCM

It’s not about asia or Africa either. But know what… they are both SETTINGS that work with the park because of what they actually are focusing on.
Exactly! South America, the Amazon etc. is a natural next step in the park. Heck, they could do a whole area on the insects of the Amazon as part of a new animal trek... cheap to build/maintain, interesting to kids, and fitting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom