News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Brer Panther

James Alucobond

So, if "Tropical Americas" takes place, I see some people hoping the Nemo show could anchor an Oceania land.

There's no room. If you want an Oceania land, you raze Nemo and build a mini-land (based, of course on Moana). This Oceania land will be hemmed in by Tropical Americas and EE.

OR... you can expand Tropical Americas and make Nemo an Encanto show (or sing-along).
They could also just leave it as a transitional Oceania zone with Nemo in the theater and Moana as a daytime show in the Discovery River amphitheater to replace Kite-tastrophe. Kind of makes a tiny bit of sense between the tropics and Asia?

DonniePeverley

But this announcement is literally nothing. How can you literally think you can announce something and add the words 'next decade' after it with a straight face?

What happened to last years 'plans to Beyond Thunder Mountain', or before that plans for 'Mary Poppins into Epcot'. I tell you what - we never here from those plans again.

It's all just nonsense.

These D23 events were something to look forward too. But now they are nothing but fluff and nonsense. The sooner they are abandoned the better.

Just say 'hey we've had a poor year, and of course the theme park division is the one that will take the hit' and we got nothing planned.

Next year they will get up with a straight face and tell us possible within the next 34 years they may not only fix the yeti, but build a whole world dedicated to the Yeti. Yeah over 34 years. Cue mass hysteria enthusiam on the forums, and cheers and fainting at the D23 event.

Utter nonsense, don't fall for it.

I predict this thread will get 300 pages. It will be the year 2032, and some will say Josh said there would be an Indy land in Animal Kingdom within 10 years and it will be built anytime now.

We've descended to a new low as fans of Disney Theme parks. Where as once we demanded new attractions and experiences and discussed them at length, we now seem pacified with nonsense talk about something they may or may not do in 10 years.

Shameful.

If this is the level of D23 announcements then i would boycott the shows. Insulting our intelligence.

RSoxNo1

The meltdowns that will ensue when casita turns out to be a meet and greet. I am concerned but cautiously optimistic.
The fact that Chris Beatty didn't announce it tells me it's probably not a meet and greet.

I wonder if internally at Imagineering he's the guy that gets the initial pitch to move forward and then someone comes in with the real pitch that gets built. Seems to have been the case for New Fantasyland, Star Wars and the Dinoland replacement.

RSoxNo1

Also, why would they even kill Dinoland for these anyway?

There's a MASSIVE expansion area between Asia and Rafiki's Planet Watch.

You likely have to remove the train, Maharajah Jungle Trek or Kali to get there easily.

RSoxNo1

Indiana Jones needs to be at DHS.
Get rid of the stunt show, which is currently a shell of its former self. No audience participation, no guns, the exploding truck has been removed, the German airplane mechanic gag is gone, etc.

Replace it with an IJ water coaster/splashdown dark ride featuring vehicles in the form of duck boats.

Encanto needs to be in Adventureland, replacing the Swiss Family Treehouse.
While I would miss the treehouse, it’s evident that Disney parks don’t consider even their best rides sacred (RIP Splash), the Robinson’s need to be evicted from valuable real estate.
The problem is it's difficult to find IP that integrates well into DAK and EPCOT. It's far easier to integrate IP into MK and DHS. When there are IPs that kind of fit into DAK and EPCOT (even if us as fans don't agree) that's where they're going to go. The current decision tree at Disney starts with the IP and worries about a unifying theme afterwards.

ToTBellHop

The fact that Chris Beatty didn't announce it tells me it's probably not a meet and greet.

I wonder if internally at Imagineering he's the guy that gets the initial pitch to move forward and then someone comes in with the real pitch that gets built. Seems to have been the case for New Fantasyland, Star Wars and the Dinoland replacement.
And yet he is still employed. They should have him in charge of restroom tiles at Epcot now that Zach is promoted.

RSoxNo1

ad
* This is likely a $1B+ project and the only difference you've made in AK's capacity is the throughput difference between PW and whatever Encanto is
While I agree that Disney needs to be adding ride capacity to the park, that doesn't mean that they don't also need to do this. This is needed before they consider adding capacity. It's also safe to say that an Encanto dark ride (assuming that's what it is) will be substantially more popular than Primeval Whirl ever was.

While not a DAK fit, it would be nice if Raging Spirits was also part of this. It's a mediocre coaster but it would address the capacity concern to an extent. It also doesn't exactly fit into DAK.

Last edited:

Johnny D

Actually, if you look at the concept, it looks like there is no longer a spinner, but there does appear to be a building for a carousel... a carousel with donkeys with unicorn horns all circeling around Luisa in the middle could work!
Unless that spinner is under that round building.

lazyboy97o

There’s a thread about the early stages of Velocicoaster on one of the universal forums, it may have been IU I believe, that has been going since triceratops encounter had yet to close. In the first hundred pages or so certain reputable people talk about this concept as one of the plans that could replace triceratops.

It’s really cool because you can see the idea and rumor process on what was happening with that spot of land all the way through the 2010s until VC was eventually announced.

At some point along the line universal decided that the Omnimover wasn’t thrilling enough and the rumor changed to an Amber Mine wooden coaster that would’ve been an extension of camp Jurassic! They stuck with that for a little while before eventually deciding to go bigger and better with VC.

If you just search ‘Velocicoaster forum thread’ on google it should be one of the first results.

(I’m purposely being a bit vague so I don’t get in trouble for promoting another forum lol)
Even Velocicoaster itself sort of evolved out of that idea with early concepts being truly integrated into the Discovery Center.

cdunlap

My theories:
Encanto will focus mostly on Isabela, Pepa, and Antonio, as their powers are the most connected with the natural world and the environment.
Indiana Jones will be exploring a temple devoted to either The Feathered Serpent, Quetzalcoatl, or to Xolotl, an Aztec god of fire and death who takes the form of the Mexican Hairless Dog, which is also Dante from Coco’s breed!
The eatery and Indiana Jones will be Mexican/Central America themed while Encanto and the carousel looking thing will be South America themed.
The trail will be located near Indiana Jones and will have a ruins theme.

WaltsTreasureChest

My theories:
Encanto will focus mostly on Isabela, Pepa, and Antonio, as their powers are the most connected with the natural world and the environment.
Indiana Jones will be exploring a temple devoted to either The Feathered Serpent, Quetzalcoatl, or to Xolotl, an Aztec god of fire and death who takes the form of the Mexican Hairless Dog, which is also Dante from Coco’s breed!
The eatery and Indiana Jones will be Mexican/Central America themed while Encanto and the carousel looking thing will be South America themed.
The trail will be located near Indiana Jones and will have a ruins theme.
How can we get Disney to hire you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom