Ellen's Energy Adventure

Invero

Original Poster
So I was watching Monday's Ellen, and Jason Alexander is on. Right off the bat, he starts to tell her how much he enjoyed her performance in the Universe of Engery pavillion at Epcot. But what really got me, is that Ellen said that she had never actually been on the ride itself! An atrocity... So of course, I wrote into her "RSVP" contest thingy thats going on right now and offered to take her... LOL I doubt I'll hear anything back, but oh well :)

DigitalDisney

longfamily said:
Tragic! Why would you endorse something that you wouldn't participate in yourself?
Maybe it's not an endorsement. Maybe it's part of a contractual deal or another type of obligation? Often people do favors for people, so other favors are owed in return (this is why some people appear very misplaced in movies)

Money talks, too.

TheOneVader

Well, Ellen didn't really need to see it because she did the shooting. Jason even said he stopped watching Seinfeld around the 3rd season.

DisJosh

They may have used her simply because her show on ABC was a semi-success for a while. They even had the bookstore featured on the show in MGM. I don't know if it actually sold books but it was the exact same building and name from the show. So it could have been a way to sort of spread Ellen around a little while her show was on the air. Promotion on Disney/ABC's part.

Woody13

DisJosh said:
They may have used her simply because her show on ABC was a semi-success for a while. They even had the bookstore featured on the show in MGM. I don't know if it actually sold books but it was the exact same building and name from the show. So it could have been a way to sort of spread Ellen around a little while her show was on the air. Promotion on Disney/ABC's part.
Bingo!:sohappy: Eisner calls it synergy.

KevinPage

General Grizz said:
Oy vey, she's GOT to go on it. :eek:

One of my "new" Epcot favorites. . . :D

Seriously? Get a campaign to change this ride and I'll be on board. It's not a bad attraction, just not special enough to be sitting in Epcot.

Keep the dino's and make a better show. (granted the current show is light years better than the original borefest).

DisJosh

KevinPage said:
Seriously? Get a campaign to change this ride and I'll be on board. It's not a bad attraction, just not special enough to be sitting in Epcot.

Keep the dino's and make a better show. (granted the current show is light years better than the original borefest).

It needs someone like Ellen or Bill nye to spice it up. People don't go for that strait forward lame educational stuff anymore. ;)

I like it with Ellen. I think it could go strong with the current film and narration for a few more years before another update. Whether I think it could or not it probably will anyways lol.

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
I love the ride with Ellen its very funny and much better than the original.I wonder if Alexander noticed Cramer as the caveman.I even like stuped Judy

DisJosh

longfamily said:
I just wish the show was a little shorter. I fell asleep the last time we went on this attraction. The ride is great though

You must be a hard one to wake up because that ride is LOUD!!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Major thread bump. Like holy cow. But it makes me feel good about the positive comments toward this attraction o.o

I never knew Ellen didn't ride this! I'm guessing she hasn't ridden the Seas with Nemo and Friends ride either.. I know Steven Spielburg had said he hasn't ridden his E.T. Adventure ride...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom