EE test , looked like joe was riding it

P0PC0RN

For those that don't know, I'm a huge rollercoaster junkie, and know a lot about them and different manufactures of coasters. It usually is tradition that the first people to ride or test a rollercoaster are the very ones who built it. My guess is that it is people from WDI, Vekoma, or construction workers. Being that this is Disney, I could be wrong but that's my guess. One thing is for sure though...whoever they are, they are darn lucky and just made me jealous!

KumbaRider

Very cool.

Must be done with the required month or so of testing any new coaster must endure before a real person may ride. I'd have to agree that it might just be someone from Vekoma if not WDI.

CrashNet

I would guess those people are imagineers or professional coaster riders who test the ride and then provide feedback of adjustments that need to be made. Thats cool thought that they are actually testing with people now! :D

MinnieSummer

I desparately want their jobs -- I'd even do it for free. I can't wait for it to open and, even though I know not to get my hopes up, I'm still hoping for a chance to ride in December.

brkgnews

Nice catch! Thanks for the photo!

Lee said:
That ear would be clearly visible from this distance.:lol:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd have to take off the ear bling lest he leave it (and ear) somewhere just after the lift hill.

AndyP

mkt said:
woah!

It doesn't look like either of those people are Joe though... MAYBE the guy on the left, but the guy on the right looks more like Michael Bolton

He may have been riding it, the photo is not from the OP. And yes, I'm wondering why Michael Bolton is a tester for E:E too...new career maybe!:lol:

Things must be going well if they've switched from sand bags :sohappy:

WDW Kip

TomorrowlandOps said:
Also say hello to one of the first new members of the opening team for EE.

ME :)
Congrats on getting on the opening team.

This photo is awesome and it's great to see that people are already riding the ride.

My question is: Have they fully installed the Yeti yet, or are the just taking trips on the track? Is the ride complete?

Tim G

mkt said:
woah!

It doesn't look like either of those people are Joe though... MAYBE the guy on the left, but the guy on the right looks more like Michael Bolton
Nope he looks like my neighbour's who has a friend who has a sister in law who was married to a guy who knew a girl who was related to a guy who only looked like Michael Bolton, but in fact it was his brother's half sister her nephew... :D

Epcot82Guy

Corrus said:
Nope he looks like my neighbour's who has a friend who has a sister in law who was married to a guy who knew a girl who was related to a guy who only looked like Michael Bolton, but in fact it was his brother's half sister her nephew... :D

nice.

Seriously, though, it is great to see this thing is on schedule. People (regardless of who they are) on the attraction means it has passed some fairly significant safety testing. Granted, if the Yeti and other features are not installed yet, some post-install testing w/o people will likely be necessary, but it is a good sign. Glad its not me, though, because I want to see this thing fully together. Would be a bit disappointing to see it pieced together and never get that "full attraction" experience for your first ride. Just me, though! :p

Thanks for the pic!

animal_king1990

Epcot82Guy said:
nice.

Seriously, though, it is great to see this thing is on schedule. People (regardless of who they are) on the attraction means it has passed some fairly significant safety testing. Granted, if the Yeti and other features are not installed yet, some post-install testing w/o people will likely be necessary, but it is a good sign. Glad its not me, though, because I want to see this thing fully together. Would be a bit disappointing to see it pieced together and never get that "full attraction" experience for your first ride. Just me, though! :p

Thanks for the pic!

I agree. I wouldn't want my first experience to be spoiled

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom