Echo Lake Refurbishment

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Water retention is of value. fireworks viewing is of value. Thematic breaks are of value. Now this isn't to say it couldn't be better used as something else but it does have value in its current form.
I think most of us want to keep the layout of echo lake as is just changing what the attractions are; at least that was my idea anyways

Last edited:

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Let's be honest there is nothing currently in echo lake area that anyone would truly miss. I'm including ST in that statement especially after SWL opens ( I feel like I'll be in the minority on this one ;) )

I do think they could open up that area by downsizing the building that use to house Sounds Dangerous and using it for M&G still and maybe another food service option?

But just think about how much space and room for 1 or 2 attractions there is to place on the footprint of the stunt show and the space behind it.

Movielover

Let's be honest there is nothing currently in echo lake area that anyone would truly miss. I'm including ST in that statement especially after SWL opens ( I feel like I'll be in the minority on this one ;) )

I would miss tons about that area! Star Tours is one of my top fav's and I have a huge attachment to the stunt show, although I would love to see a newer more "complete" show that ditches the "we are shooting Raiders aspect" Come up with a new story and create some new stunts, would't even mind incorporating as much from the current show as possible since its so good! The rest of the area is great, always make sure to eat at 50's Prime Time and the surrounding Indiana area is fun, wish I had more money to spend in the Indiana store.

That whole area has a lot to offer!

Jeremy P

The problem with the Training Academy is it does not fit the tone and setting of Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. The land is set during the new trilogy when there is no Jedi Academy. The show would either have to be reworked to be Luke's attempt at restoring the Order or the new stage would be built out of sight. The show is super popular so I doubt it will go away I just can't see them moving it as is to the middle of the ultra immersive land. They could take a cue from Diagon Ally's Olivanders and Make it a indoor or hidden theater in the land.

I could definitely see them moving it to a more discreet area for sure. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

doctornick

Echo Lake doesn't need to be demo'ed. There is plenty of expansion room on and behind the IJSS and Backlot Express plots.

This. The actual body of water for Echo Lake should stay. But Echo Lake (the land) is a prime area for expansion for the park which needs more attractions.

I'd like to see them close the stunt show once TSL opens and tear it down. That space around the stunt show and behind (going into the parking lot) offers a ton of real estate that can be used for new attractions and an updated/re-themed land. I know they won't tear down Launch Bay until after SWL opens, so Echo Lake is the most logical other area to expand if they want to add something quickly in the shorter term.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The problem with the Training Academy is it does not fit the tone and setting of Star Wars: Galaxy Edge. The land is set during the new trilogy when there is no Jedi Academy. The show would either have to be reworked to be Luke's attempt at restoring the Order or the new stage would be built out of sight. The show is super popular so I doubt it will go away I just can't see them moving it as is to the middle of the ultra immersive land. They could take a cue from Diagon Ally's Olivanders and Make it a indoor or hidden theater in the land.
So you think that there will be no reference to the original trilogy or its characters in SW Land? First I heard of that and to me that's a complete epic fail. I thought the whole point of making the location a world not directly from a specific movie would allow them to incorporate all things Star Wars (except Jar Jar of course). It's really not a smart move to limit this land to the new trilogy when people love the original too. In a few years those movies won't be new anymore and this Land will be around for decades. I hope that's not correct.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This. The actual body of water for Echo Lake should stay. But Echo Lake (the land) is a prime area for expansion for the park which needs more attractions.

I'd like to see them close the stunt show once TSL opens and tear it down. That space around the stunt show and behind (going into the parking lot) offers a ton of real estate that can be used for new attractions and an updated/re-themed land. I know they won't tear down Launch Bay until after SWL opens, so Echo Lake is the most logical other area to expand if they want to add something quickly in the shorter term.
The stunt show is gone once Star Wars Land opens. It's still needed for capacity now. The only question is do they demo the area and build something new or does it sit vacant only to be used for special events. I too hope it's the first choice. They did build a new arena for things like cheerleading and dance competitions at the sports complex and those are some of the special events that used the Indy stadium in the past so that's a positive sign they don't plan on using it for those types of events going forward. It could just sit vacant though too:(

Movielover

So you think that there will be no reference to the original trilogy or its characters in SW Land? First I heard of that and to me that's a complete epic fail. I thought the whole point of making the location a world not directly from a specific movie would allow them to incorporate all things Star Wars (except Jar Jar of course). It's really not a smart move to limit this land to the new trilogy when people love the original too. In a few years those movies won't be new anymore and this Land will be around for decades. I hope that's not correct.

Thats not what I said at all. All I said was that the current Jedi Training Academy does not fit within the timeline of the new movies because of many factors, the main one being that Darth Vader shows up. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will be set during the new movie's timeline of the Resistance vs the First Order. I expect / hope that characters from these films show up. I also fully expect original trilogy characters to still make appearances in the park, I just doubt that they will appear in Galaxy's Edge itself. Another reason why I think Star Tours can still be around after the land opens.

doctornick

Thats not what I said at all. All I said was that the current Jedi Training Academy does not fit within the timeline of the new movies because of many factors, the main one being that Darth Vader shows up. Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge will be set during the new movie's timeline of the Resistance vs the First Order. I expect / hope that characters from these films show up. I also fully expect original trilogy characters to still make appearances in the park, I just doubt that they will appear in Galaxy's Edge itself. Another reason why I think Star Tours can still be around after the land opens.

FWIW, both Vader and Kylo Ren show up in Jedi Training. Which is fine because their appearance is not as the "real" person but as an embodiment of the fears of the participants like Vader in the cave on Dagobah. They can use the same premise for Jedi Training type attraction in GE.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I knew that the Alcatraz ride put you into the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance but I didn't think the entire land would only feature characters from the new movies. IMHO all of the Star Wars stuff should be in the new land. I love Star Wars but it's overkill to have multiple sections of the same park focusing on that one IP.

People love the characters and I never had an issue when Jedi Training Academy had both Vader and Darth Maul together and now Kylo Ren. I guess for the Star Wars fanboy purists it's an outrage but I thought the whole point of locating the land on a world that doesn't exist in the movies was to disconnect it from Star Wars cannon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I knew that the Alcatraz ride put you into the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance but I didn't think the entire land would only feature characters from the new movies. IMHO all of the Star Wars stuff should be in the new land. I love Star Wars but it's overkill to have multiple sections of the same park focusing on that one IP.

People love the characters and I never had an issue when Jedi Training Academy had both Vader and Darth Maul together and now Kylo Ren. I guess for the Star Wars fanboy purists it's an outrage but I thought the whole point of locating the land on a world that doesn't exist in the movies was to disconnect it from Star Wars cannon.

The whole land is supposed to be set in the same time period at the new movies, and from everything they have said they want to land to tell one large cohesive story. If they stick to that it wouldn't make sense to have characters like Darth Vader in the land since he wasn't around in that time period. The Star Wars hotel on the other hand could focus on the original trilogy time period.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The whole land is supposed to be set in the same time period at the new movies, and from everything they have said they want to land to tell one large cohesive story. If they stick to that it wouldn't make sense to have characters like Darth Vader in the land since he wasn't around in that time period. The Star Wars hotel on the other hand could focus on the original trilogy time period.
Isn't the premise of the MF ride that Hondo from Clone Wars approaches Chewbacca about a mission that we then go on with him? Maybe that was an old rumor and not true.

Cmdr_Crimson

Indy water ride. It's hot in FL and there's nowhere to get wet in that park.
That's what I was thinking. DHS has no water ride and a Indy ride would be a hit in that park. So why not combine the two. And it doesn't need to be a "thrill" ride like Kali.

I've been suggesting this for a loooooong time...
from Awesomenator..
indiana-jones-waterfall.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isn't the premise of the MF ride that Hondo from Clone Wars approaches Chewbacca about a mission that we then go on with him? Maybe that was an old rumor and not true.

They have said Hondo would be in the land, but that doesn't break the theming since there is no reason you couldn't be around in that era.

Herbie

Let's be honest, that's just your opinion and you can't speak for anyone else.

Since I know you have an attachment to the area, what would you miss and what would you not miss? If you were to go along with the mindset of current corporate Disney, what would you feel would be a good mix between theme and current tastes? Because Echo Lake does need work after all

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom