Earfell Tower to be removed

ABQ

Thanks for the list...now I'm just going to add one piece of info from my 1997 Unofficial Guide (oldest I have). This is an exercise I'v been wanting to do for awhile. You all can just ignore me.

Opening day, 1989. Attractions were:
The Great Movie Ride about 19 min
The Backstage Studio Tour 1 hour (15 min tram, 45 min walking) and the original, original was even longer, right?
The Magic of Disney Animation Tour 36 min
The Monster Sound Show 12 min
Superstar Television 30 min

Wikipedia also says there was a show in a theater at the top of what would become Sunset Blvd. May 1-Aug 1989 it as something called Hollywood Hollywood, A Star Studded Spectacular, and then changed to **** Tracy. YouTube video has **** Tracy at about 25 min,

Total: 3 hours 2 min

Then later they added
August 25, 1989: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! 30 min
December 15, 1989: Star Tours: The Adventures Continue about 7 min
December 17, 1990: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure up to your kids
Total: 37 min
Grand Total: 3 hrs 39 min of "actively experiencing an attraction" time

Post Star Wars Land we'll have, am I missing anything? I pulled additional lengths from Touring Plans

GMR - 19 min
ToT - 4 min ride plus 5 min pre-show
RnRC - 1:30 ride 3 min pre show
Theater of the Stars Show - 25 min
TSMM - 6:30 min
Toy Story Coaster: guessing 3 min
Aliens: 1:30 (mater junkyard jamboree time)
Star Tours: 7 min
New Star Wars 1:
New Star Wars 2:
Jedi Training: 15 min

Total: 1 hr 38 min plus 2 new Star Wars

Plus, I'm assuming these stick around...
Muppets: 17 min
Disney Jr: 25 min
Frozen Show: 25 min
Total: 1 hr 7 min

Grand total: 2hr 45 min plus 2 new Star Wars

Which one was the half day park that needed more things for people to do? Which one will be overwhelmed with people?
You could add 25 minutes on for Fantasmic! currently, couldn't you?

hopemax

I suppose, but I guess my interests lie in how the park will function with "people flow." And while Nighttime Entertainment/Parades do provide significant value toward the guest experience (how willing they will be to buy a ticket), they are unavailable for most of operating day. People looking for something to do at 1:30 can't say, "let's do Fantasmic."

Cesar R M

Thanks for the list...now I'm just going to add one piece of info from my 1997 Unofficial Guide (oldest I have). This is an exercise I'v been wanting to do for awhile. You all can just ignore me.

The Backstage Studio Tour 1 hour (15 min tram, 45 min walking) and the original, original was even longer, right?

Wikipedia also says there was a show in a theater at the top of what would become Sunset Blvd. May 1-Aug 1989 it as something called Hollywood Hollywood, A Star Studded Spectacular, and then changed to **** Tracy. YouTube video has **** Tracy at about 25 min,

Then later they added

Post Star Wars Land we'll have, am I missing anything? I pulled additional lengths from Touring Plans

GMR - 19 min
New Star Wars 1:
New Star Wars 2:

Which one was the half day park that needed more things for people to do? Which one will be overwhelmed with people?
all that halved by the necessity of a fastpass and 2 hour average waiting time per attraction :p

Disone

Then later they added

GMR - 19 min
New Star Wars 1:
New Star Wars 2:

Disone

eh. You left out Voyage of the Little Mermaid. So far that is still around. Eliminate the 45 minute walking tour from the original park, which was eliminated for just that reason (guest did not enjoy it.. to lengthy) and the two versions come in neck to neck, but the Star Wars version has more rides and is not as show intensive. My money is on the second version.

Goofyernmost

eh. You left out Voyage of the Little Mermaid. So far that is still around. Eliminate the 45 minute walking tour from the original park, which was eliminated for just that reason (guest did not enjoy it.. to lengthy) and the two versions come in neck to neck, but the Star Wars version has more rides and is not as show intensive. My money is on the second version.
I know of no one that didn't like it. It was fun and informative. The sound stages, the props, the sets, the blue screen room, the water effects theater and the tram to CC. It ended because the studio ended. There was nothing left to show people. Nothing new was being created there. It was long, but, it really didn't seem that long when you were part of it. At the time there wasn't much of anything else to do in the park anyway.

Disone

I know of no one that didn't like it. It was fun and informative. The sound stages, the props, the sets, the blue screen room, the water effects theater and the tram to CC. It ended because the studio ended. There was nothing left to show people. Nothing new was being created there. It was long, but, it really didn't seem that long when you were part of it. At the time there wasn't much of anything else to do in the park anyway.

I get you loved it, and everyone you knew loved it, but I assure you it was axed due to its overwhelming and unyielding popularity. There was never really much filmed at this "working studio" aside from the inhouse short The Lottery, staring Bette Midler. The short was use so you could connect the scenes in the short to the movie sets. It did feature Honey I Shrunk the Kids too, and *if* I recall, the Tram was first, not last.

Goofyernmost

I get you loved it, and everyone you knew loved it, but I assure you it was axed due to its overwhelming and unyielding popularity. There was never really much filmed at this "working studio" aside from the inhouse short The Lottery, staring Bette Midler. The short was use so you could connect the scenes in the short to the movie sets. It did feature Honey I Shrunk the Kids too, and *if* I recall, the Tram was first, not last.
Could have been first, but, for some reason I remember it as always last. You went on the walking tour through the sound stages, blue screen, sets and then to the water theater (don't remember the name) then through the prop room to the tram ending in that little place with the costumes from movies and, at one point, the photo op from Home Improvement (Tool Time) complete with Wilson peaking over the fence.

Disone

Could have been first, but, for some reason I remember it as always last. You went on the walking tour through the sound stages, blue screen, sets and then to the water theater (don't remember the name) then through the prop room to the tram ending in that little place with the costumes from movies and, at one point, the photo op from Home Improvement (Tool Time) complete with Wilson peaking over the fence.

I just had to go look it up in Yesterland, Tram first.

Rob562

I just had to go look it up in Yesterland, Tram first.

When the park opened, it was tram followed by walking, with no way of exiting between the two. That was back when the tram queue was in Animation Courtyard.

When they opened up New York Street to pedestrians, they split the two up into two separate experiences. They *suggested* you ride the team first, but you could do them in either order.

Eventually they closed most of the walking tour, relocated the tram loading area and made the water tank the first half of the tram tour.

-Rob

boufa

Feels a little selective to me, to make your point. As has already been stated, you missed Little Mermaid, and you felt some reason to eliminate Fantasmic, due to it not being able to be done at 1pm. You also skipped Beauty and the Beast stage show... I have heard rumors, but there is no idication it is going anywhere, and if it does, it would certainly be relplaced.

So take you 2:45, add half an hour of fantasmic, and say 20 minutes of BatB, and you are up to 3:35. Toss in 2 hours of eating time, snacks, lunch, dinner, and you have gone to 5:35. You have to walk to places, and stand in line for things, toss in a meet and greet and you can easily be there all day.

I'll be there next week, and I am definitively going to DHS. I am planning a whole day, and I will be willing to eat my words if I am wrong, but I am thinking it will be a nice day. The only difference between now, and during construction is LMA and I don't usually see it.

hopemax

Feels a little selective to me, to make your point. As has already been stated, you missed Little Mermaid, and you felt some reason to eliminate Fantasmic, due to it not being able to be done at 1pm. You also skipped Beauty and the Beast stage show... I have heard rumors, but there is no idication it is going anywhere, and if it does, it would certainly be relplaced.

So take you 2:45, add half an hour of fantasmic, and say 20 minutes of BatB, and you are up to 3:35. Toss in 2 hours of eating time, snacks, lunch, dinner, and you have gone to 5:35. You have to walk to places, and stand in line for things, toss in a meet and greet and you can easily be there all day.

I'll be there next week, and I am definitively going to DHS. I am planning a whole day, and I will be willing to eat my words if I am wrong, but I am thinking it will be a nice day. The only difference between now, and during construction is LMA and I don't usually see it.

Bolded, recheck my list above. Right between RnRC and TSMM..."Theater of the Stars Show 25 min." I wrote it that way because the list is a post Star Wars Land list. Not a post April 2nd list, which is what other people are taking about. So by 2020, do we think BatB will still be playing? We've been hearing rumors of a Tangled show.

Yes, I did forget how to categorize Voyage to the Little Mermaid, but there have been several references that that show is closing once we get closer to the opening of Toy Story Land. Do we have the latest word, that come 2020 Mermaid will still be present?

And again, I eliminated Fantasmic, because *MY* interest is in park operations during the main part of the day. And Fantasmic does nothing to affect crowd flow between 9AM and 6:30PM.

Cesar R M

wasnt the costume and props department the only thing being still used?
or was that moved as well?
I remember there were some people working in the costume department back in 2013.. few months before they finally closed the whole thing for good.

Imagineerwannabe

Bolded, recheck my list above. Right between RnRC and TSMM..."Theater of the Stars Show 25 min." I wrote it that way because the list is a post Star Wars Land list. Not a post April 2nd list, which is what other people are taking about. So by 2020, do we think BatB will still be playing? We've been hearing rumors of a Tangled show.

Yes, I did forget how to categorize Voyage to the Little Mermaid, but there have been several references that that show is closing once we get closer to the opening of Toy Story Land. Do we have the latest word, that come 2020 Mermaid will still be present?

And again, I eliminated Fantasmic, because *MY* interest is in park operations during the main part of the day. And Fantasmic does nothing to affect crowd flow between 9AM and 6:30PM.

How can you compare and list what you think will be a post 2020 list of attractions which is purely speculating on the future of nearly every current attraction in the park.

If BatB isn't there by then it will have a replacement as you say maybe tangled, so that needs to go on the list, same for little mermaid, same for Star Wars launch bay if that goes once the new SWL is open..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom