DVC Releases Membership Magic Program - MM+ comes to DVC

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Original Poster
Disney Just announced Membership Magic, Oh $DEITY what will they break today!!!

dvc_Magic_Responsive_02.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm not exactly sure what the program is, but I don't think it is related to MyMagic+
I saw new information on expanded RCI options, new Adventures by Disney trips to San Francisco and Napa, some new dining experiences for DVC members, and discounts on APs, Premiere APs and DL APs. Among other things....

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Are they actually going to make DVC a (better) value in the short-term as well as the long-term?? I've always wanted to be DVC but only being able to see the long-term benefits was a turn-off for me. The "what's in it for me now" part of my brain always kicked in.

bhg469

I know a person that bought in years ago, as a matter of fact they were a family on one of the dvc propaganda commercial an that play on property. I can't recall how much they spent on points but it was insanely low.. Since then the cost vs benefits has only gone down and they needed to do something to appeal to anyone.

ParentsOf4

This seems to be the biggest "Membership Magic" perk:

"Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484, saving $245 off the regular price on their Premium Annual Pass."

This year, DVC discount is $145 on AP or PAP.

Last year, they offered for a short time a discount of $300 on PAP.

Last year, the PAP with special $300 discount cost $399. This year, it's $484, an increase of 21%!

So, depending on how you look at it, DVC members are getting an extra $100 discount or losing an extra $55 discount while the base price of a PAP ticket went up another $30.

Essentially, the PAP ticket gives you water parks & more for $20.

Nothing to get excited about unless you love the water parks.

I love the water parks but already have enough unused water park days on my "no expiration" tickets to invite a small town. ;)

I think I'll pass.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I saw this promo'd on their Facebook page. The line that caught my attention was that they "they developed it with DVC members in mind". No. Really? I mean seriously. You developed DVC based program/benefit with DVC members in mind.

This is not solely pointed at Disney but when entities are communicating information it would be so much easier if we didn't have to wade through all the fluff to get to the pertinent information.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Original Poster
This seems to be the biggest "Membership Magic" perk:

"Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass: For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can pay just $484, saving $245 off the regular price on their Premium Annual Pass."

Normal DVC discount is $150 on AP or PAP.

Last year, they offered for a short time a discount of $300 on PAP.

So, depending on how you look at it, DVC members are getting an extra $95 discount or losing an extra $55 discount.

Essentially, the PAP ticket gives you water parks & more for $25.

Nothing to get excited about unless you love the water parks.

I love the water parks but already have enough unused water park days on my "no expiration" tickets to invite a small town. ;)

I think I'll pass.

The mad punster strikes in the last line!

ParentsOf4

Other "Membership Magic" perks seem to be:

"Share your Disney Vacation Club story" - "If I’ve learned anything from chatting with Members around our Resorts and on last year’s Member Cruise, it’s that each of you has a unique and special story behind your Membership. Well, we think those stories deserve to be shared."

Oh joy, what I've always been waiting for.

"‘Taste’ful travels" - "Available on select nights, each of these carefully crafted, fixed-price dinners allow Members to enjoy exquisite dishes paired with expertly chosen wines or beers, all served with live introductions or presentations from a culinary expert."

Prices start at $155 per person. Oh joy, another Disney bargain.

"Enjoy more vacation options than ever" - "Members will soon have access to thousands of RCI options that allow Members to dream bigger than ever before and, of course, to make those vacation dreams come true."

Oh joy, another reason not to use my DVC points to stay at a Disney resort.

"Discover magic beyond the Parks" - "For those Disney Vacation Club Members who are excited to explore beyond the Theme Parks, Disney Vacation Club is creating special opportunities for Members to relax and play throughout the entire vacation kingdom."

Oh joy, let's not improve the theme parks. The "Fishing Tournament" special opportunity is only $70/person while the "Fireworks Cruise" special opportunity is only $85/person. I can buy one Fishing Tournament and one Fireworks Cruise for about the same price as it costs me to renew my Universal Annual Pass. I guess it's a chance for me to explore beyond the WDW theme parks by driving up I-4 to Universal where they are improving their theme parks. ;)

"Members headed for Splitsville" - "The special package includes an extended bowling time of an hour and 45 minutes with shoe rental, a shared appetizer, a select entrée or kid’s meal, a signature beverage and a special Disney Vacation Club gift. It’s a festive event filled with music, prizes and, most importantly, the camaraderie of Members like you."

Oh joy, I spend thousands of dollars at WDW so I can bowl.

"Treat yourself to some “Me Time” Magic" - "Answering that call is a Membership Magic offering designed to give Members and their Guests exclusive access to the Walt Disney World locations of Senses – A Disney Spa during select hours one night each week. In addition to taking advantage of your usual 15 percent discount off spa treatments, you’ll receive a glass of wine upon arrival, enjoy complimentary service-enhancement upgrades (a $25 value) on any 50- or 80-minute massage and/or facial (based on availability, of course), and leave with a spa-product parting gift."

Oh joy, another discount on what already is a grossly overpriced "experience".

I guess "Membership Magic" is just joyful.

Last edited:

alawrence

It says on the Disney Parks Blog that there is "A new online home for exclusive merchandise and more."
I am not seeing it anywhere on the DVC Member website. Has anyone else seen this? Or, know where the website is?

ParentsOf4

For this program it looks like the English Universal Interrogatory participle is appropriate

WHISKEY-TANGO-FOXTROT :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Perhaps more than anything at WDW, I just hate when Disney offers "discounts" and "perks" that insult my intelligence.

It's like jacking up the price of AKV points to $150/point and then pretending that 10% off is a good deal. Meanwhile, I can buy AKV points resale for $60/point.

Or offering 30% off WDW's grossly overpriced Deluxe Resort rack rates. Meanwhile, Universal's rack racks are less than WDW's 30% off rates and include unlimited Express Pass. And as a Uni AP holder, I get another 30% to 50% off those.

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Perhaps more than anything at WDW, I just hate when Disney offers "discounts" and "perks" that insult my intelligence.

It's like jacking up the price of AKV points to $150/point and then pretending that 10% off is a good deal. Meanwhile, I can buy AKV points resale for $60/point.

Or offering 30% off WDW's grossly overpriced Deluxe Resort rack rates. Meanwhile, Universal's rack racks are less than WDW's 30% off rates and include unlimited Express Pass. And as a Uni AP holder, I get another 30% to 50% off those.

If you feel this way than you should stop going to Walt Disney World and find a Universal web site that you can write on. I will be purchasing the discounted annual pass and using it for my next renewal.

EOD K9

Doesn't seem that amazing... they should have done this during "limited time magic"

EDIT: Why can't we just get a discount on normal park tickets too?
Because that would be too easy. What I don't get is this.....You already bought DVC, you are already going to be returning, you shouldn't have to buy APs and be locked in to return within 365 days. They should offer discounts on normal park tickets as you said.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you feel this way than you should stop going to Walt Disney World and find a Universal web site that you can write on. I will be purchasing the discounted annual pass and using it for my next renewal.

Where is Morpheus when we need him?

Your 'go back to your universal hole' attitude is tiring and pathetic honestly. People aren't here to make them feel better about their favorites but because they are interested in Disney. Just because you don't want to be reminded of things that doesn't make it off topic for the rest of us.

If you don't want to see those posts... Don't read them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom