DVC availability May 2-9th

jeffk410

Hello everyone,

First off, I always rent points so I'm not able to ever look at the availability. Right now i'm looking into a trip from May 2nd-9th, but am, unfortunately, still waiting on two people to decide if they're coming before I book. If they do come - i'll be looking for a 2 bedroom, but if not a studio, so quite a big difference.

What hotels do you guys think will be available booking this week or next? This is much later than I normally book and a week earlier in May than most of my trips, so i'm not sure what to expect. Really hoping to stay somewhere besides OKW and Saratoga - am I out of luck?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I found a twin size foam mattress topper at Bed, Bath and Beyond the kids can use if they are relegated to the pullout. It provides some extra padding and folds up into a nice bag with a handle.

Did you get the package from DVC recently with the two magnets? I already had two, gave one to my daughter (she's an associate on my account) and her boyfriend. The rear of my car is an advertisement for Disney, with my AP magnet, Castaway Cay member magnet and now my DVC magnet. And I have extras on the fridge.

I will probably be using the 24 point allotment in the next year. I really want to go during the week between Christmas and New Year's and will need all the points I can muster. Yes, I am crazy to want to go to Disney during that week.
Aww no package here!! :(. I'm jealous! lol when did you get that in?

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Aww no package here!! :(. I'm jealous! lol when did you get that in?

A couple of weeks ago. A little box from DVC showed up in my mail box one day. Inside was a member booklet and two magnets. Try calling Member Services, they might be able to send you a couple of magnets. I am sure the magnets are as coveted as the AP ones were when Disney first started distributing them.

Upvote 0

Minthorne

I got the DVC magnets but back when they did the AP ones I never got it, although I had lots of friends who did.
As for the OP - You should be good getting SSR and I agree it gets underrated - I only prefer OKW over it if staying in a studio since the 2 beds > bed and couch IMO

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Original Poster
Ya thanks for the advice everyone. I'm aiming to book next Monday and will hope SSR is available, but also be put on the waitlist for AKL.

Appreciate all the help!

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Original Poster
So after all that waiting (two weeks), the other couple is unable to make the trip this year. Now it looks like I'll be battling for a studio. Submitting my SSR request tomorrow and being put on the waitlist for AKL, WLV, and Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom