DVC availability May 2-9th

jeffk410

Hello everyone,

First off, I always rent points so I'm not able to ever look at the availability. Right now i'm looking into a trip from May 2nd-9th, but am, unfortunately, still waiting on two people to decide if they're coming before I book. If they do come - i'll be looking for a 2 bedroom, but if not a studio, so quite a big difference.

What hotels do you guys think will be available booking this week or next? This is much later than I normally book and a week earlier in May than most of my trips, so i'm not sure what to expect. Really hoping to stay somewhere besides OKW and Saratoga - am I out of luck?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Will vary depending if you need a 2 bedroom or a studio. Studios this close will be hard to come by but 2 bedrooms will be easier as they are more points. Usually Satatoga Springs (which is still nice if that's all you can get) has both available and Kidani Village would have 1 and 2 bedrooms. One bedrooms there have 2 full bathrooms so I don't know if that would make a 1 bedroom possible for you also. I am a DVC member and own at AKV but don't have time to look on the tool but I can try to look later for you when I get a chance. :)

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Original Poster
Awesome, thanks for your insight - if you have a chance to look later that would be a huge help. AKL is my favorite resort, so I'd be excited to get in there again (have made it the past 4 years). I myself am also a big fan of SSR, but my gf and the people I am traveling with aren't.

I was also hoping the first week of May would be less busy than mid-May which would give me more options. Oh well, i'll have to wait and see.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

We are going 5/9-5/16 for a shorter trip and I know AKV had some available a few weeks ago, but I will check again for you later for you not a problem, for both of those weeks. :)

Upvote 0

Sparky359621

Awesome, thanks for your insight - if you have a chance to look later that would be a huge help. AKL is my favorite resort, so I'd be excited to get in there again (have made it the past 4 years). I myself am also a big fan of SSR, but my gf and the people I am traveling with aren't.

I was also hoping the first week of May would be less busy than mid-May which would give me more options. Oh well, i'll have to wait and see.
The only resorts with availability for a 2 bedroom is Old Key West and Saratoga Springs.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

AKV Kidani has 1 bedroom Villas available your dates and like I said those have 2 full bathrooms and can sleep 5 with pull out queen couch and sleeper chair also. They do have 2 bedrooms available 5/9-5/15 though if you want to move a week later.
There is no studios available for either week at AKV.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Oh awesome, thanks a lot! I'll have to think about trying to move it back a bit. My AP expires the 14th, but it might be worth it. I'll definitely have to go ahead and book soon.
Yes I would advise booking ASAP as those rooms that are there at AKV might go quickly and you will be stuck with the 2 they do not like. Lol :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Oh awesome, thanks a lot! I'll have to think about trying to move it back a bit. My AP expires the 14th, but it might be worth it. I'll definitely have to go ahead and book soon.[/QUOTE.

I just looked for 5/8-5/14 and they have 2 bedrooms available as well. That way you have your pass usable on all days!! :)

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Original Poster
Unfortunately it looks like we will have to wait another week to book - is there a chance at losing SSR or will there always be availability there? I, personally, actually like SSR and think the group we're going with would really like the proximity to DTD.

I'll definitely keep myself on a waitlist for AKL, but want to make sure I have somewhere. After years of staying at a deluxe, it would be hard to go down to a moderate.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Unfortunately it looks like we will have to wait another week to book - is there a chance at losing SSR or will there always be availability there? I, personally, actually like SSR and think the group we're going with would really like the proximity to DTD.

I'll definitely keep myself on a waitlist for AKL, but want to make sure I have somewhere. After years of staying at a deluxe, it would be hard to go down to a moderate.
SSR you will be fine if you wait a week more. If not I will be highly surprised. Also remember AKV is available for a 2 bedroom 5/8-5/14. So if you move your days you can stay there in a 2 bedroom and also still get full use of your AP the whole stay.
I know you like SSR and the others do not but it really is nice and don't see why they do not like it. Lol they even refurbed the rooms all the finishings not long ago.
Oh and I am spoiled to Deluxe/Deluxe Villas as well and can never see staying down to a moderate either. Lol. :)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If it comes down to a choice between Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, go with Saratoga Springs. I've stayed at both and prefer Saratoga Springs. You are a short bus or boat ride to Downtown Disney or if the weather is nice, a nice walk along the River. Not if this matters to you, but the fitness center at Saratoga Springs is the best of all the DVC properties I've used. Almost as nice as my gym. Plus the property is lovely.

Oh, remember that AKL is the farthest resort from all the parks, other than DAK, and DTD, if that makes a difference to you.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

If it comes down to a choice between Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, go with Saratoga Springs. I've stayed at both and prefer Saratoga Springs. You are a short bus or boat ride to Downtown Disney or if the weather is nice, a nice walk along the River. Not if this matters to you, but the fitness center at Saratoga Springs is the best of all the DVC properties I've used. Almost as nice as my gym. Plus the property is lovely.

Oh, remember that AKL is the farthest resort from all the parks, other than DAK, and DTD, if that makes a difference to you.
Yes I totally agree! Besides my fave Kidani and GFV I really think SSR is so underrated!! Also if you have not already, you should try their table service spot The Turf Club, Nice atmosphere and delicious food. We love going there as one of our TS ressies every other trip or so regardless if we are staying there or not. :)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes I totally agree! Besides my fave Kidani and GFV I really think SSR is so underrated!! Also if you have not already, you should try their table service spot The Turf Club, Nice atmosphere and delicious food. We love going there as one of our TS ressies every other trip or so regardless if we are staying there or not. :)

I agree. Everyone poo poos it because it is so spreadout (so is OKW). But it is a lovely resort and we enjoyed our stay there. The bathroom configuration is interesting (I would have found a way to have a separate entrance to the toilet so you didn't have to go through the shower room) but the rest of the villa was nice. And the place is sooo quiet. And we stayed over Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the tip on the Turf Club. We had made other ADRs for our trip and visited the QS spot and gift shop just once during our stay. But it looked nice.

Just purchased additional points - at the GFV - so I am planning on staying there sometime next year. My other home resort is Wilderness Lodge and am excited to see the new renovated villas. Between our 3 stays this year and the Member-only cruise in August, I've used up all my points for 2015, along with a few for 2016.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I agree. Everyone poo poos it because it is so spreadout (so is OKW). But it is a lovely resort and we enjoyed our stay there. The bathroom configuration is interesting (I would have found a way to have a separate entrance to the toilet so you didn't have to go through the shower room) but the rest of the villa was nice. And the place is sooo quiet. And we stayed over Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the tip on the Turf Club. We had made other ADRs for our trip and visited the QS spot and gift shop just once during our stay. But it looked nice.

Just purchased additional points - at the GFV - so I am planning on staying there sometime next year. My other home resort is Wilderness Lodge and am excited to see the new renovated villas. Between our 3 stays this year and the Member-only cruise in August, I've used up all my points for 2015, along with a few for 2016.
Yes I am borrowing for this trip in May because we used 2015 points in November. Lol. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas for the first time this coming trip. We have been in the lobby and there to eat etc but have never stayed there yet. We are staying in a 1 bedroom and look forward to seeing the refurbed rooms too. It's gonna kill me to not have that second toilet that I have gotten so used to at Kidani that we stay at the most. Lol Even with just 2 people it is really nice to have a second potty sometimes. Haha. We stayed at GFV In a 2 bedroom in 2013 and fell in love and want to buy some points there this year if we can so we have enough points to stay a whole long trip there combining with our 220 at AKV we already have. :)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yes I am borrowing for this trip in May because we used 2015 points in November. Lol. We are staying at Wilderness Lodge Villas for the first time this coming trip. We have been in the lobby and there to eat etc but have never stayed there yet. We are staying in a 1 bedroom and look forward to seeing the refurbed rooms too. It's gonna kill me to not have that second toilet that I have gotten so used to at Kidani that we stay at the most. Lol Even with just 2 people it is really nice to have a second potty sometimes. Haha. We stayed at GFV In a 2 bedroom in 2013 and fell in love and want to buy some points there this year if we can so we have enough points to stay a whole long trip there combining with our 220 at AKV we already have. :)

I have 200 points at Wilderness Lodge and will use some of them for the first time this May - we've got a 2 bedroom villa since I feel guilty making my daughter and her boyfriend sleep on the pullout. You must let us know what you think of the renovated rooms.

I bought another 25 points in GFV recently and was surprised to find out it is now $160 a point, rather than the $150 when the Villas first went on sale. So if you can, don't wait too long. Or try the aftermarket, just remember Disney has placed some restrictions for using points not bought through them for special events, like the member cruises.

The 1 bedroom villas at Bay Lake also have a 2nd bathroom. Sadly, I didn't get one which is why we ended up at Saratoga Springs.

And don't forget you can purchase up to 24 additional one time points each use year for $15 a point if you are short. I bought the extra points at GFV just to get the 11 month priority.

My daughter and her boyfriend are staying at AKL in a studio next month - in Jambo House (the bathroom has two sinks) - and they are looking forward to it.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I have 200 points at Wilderness Lodge and will use some of them for the first time this May - we've got a 2 bedroom villa since I feel guilty making my daughter and her boyfriend sleep on the pullout. You must let us know what you think of the renovated rooms.

I bought another 25 points in GFV recently and was surprised to find out it is now $160 a point, rather than the $150 when the Villas first went on sale. So if you can, don't wait too long. Or try the aftermarket, just remember Disney has placed some restrictions for using points not bought through them for special events, like the member cruises.

The 1 bedroom villas at Bay Lake also have a 2nd bathroom. Sadly, I didn't get one which is why we ended up at Saratoga Springs.

And don't forget you can purchase up to 24 additional one time points each use year for $15 a point if you are short. I bought the extra points at GFV just to get the 11 month priority.

My daughter and her boyfriend are staying at AKL in a studio next month - in Jambo House (the bathroom has two sinks) - and they are looking forward to it.
Thanks for the tips! I bought direct for the main reason to not have any restrictions , and I have actually used the 24 point allotment you can buy a few times before too. Lol. Yeah the price we knew went up but want to at least buy 25-50 points direct if financially possible this year in cash. We are paying on a loan on the first 220 points still so do not want to add to that and are trying to pay that off early as well. Oh and yes knew Bay Lake had 2 bathrooms as well in a 1 bedroom. As you can see I am turning into a DVC/Disney geek with all I know! Lol. I was hoping when they did GFV they would have had the extra bathroom too but they did not sadly.
Yeah I don't blame you about not wanting them to use a pullout. My hubby snores so sometimes he ends up on the couch. So I like to get 2 bedrooms if we can to have a nice bed for him and not the pullout or the couch. Lol.
Oh forgot to mention I will let you all know how the refurbed rooms are at Wilderness after we get back. :)

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for the tips! I bought direct for the main reason to not have any restrictions , and I have actually used the 24 point allotment you can buy a few times before too. Lol. Yeah the price we knew went up but want to at least buy 25-50 points direct if financially possible this year in cash. We are paying on a loan on the first 220 points still so do not want to add to that and are trying to pay that off early as well. Oh and yes knew Bay Lake had 2 bathrooms as well in a 1 bedroom. As you can see I am turning into a DVC/Disney geek with all I know! Lol. I was hoping when they did GFV they would have had the extra bathroom too but they did not sadly.
Yeah I don't blame you about not wanting them to use a pullout. My hubby snores so sometimes he ends up on the couch. So I like to get 2 bedrooms if we can to have a nice bed for him and not the pullout or the couch. Lol.
Oh forgot to mention I will let you all know how the refurbed rooms are at Wilderness after we get back. :)

I found a twin size foam mattress topper at Bed, Bath and Beyond the kids can use if they are relegated to the pullout. It provides some extra padding and folds up into a nice bag with a handle.

Did you get the package from DVC recently with the two magnets? I already had two, gave one to my daughter (she's an associate on my account) and her boyfriend. The rear of my car is an advertisement for Disney, with my AP magnet, Castaway Cay member magnet and now my DVC magnet. And I have extras on the fridge.

I will probably be using the 24 point allotment in the next year. I really want to go during the week between Christmas and New Year's and will need all the points I can muster. Yes, I am crazy to want to go to Disney during that week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom