DTD Marketplace Bus Station is closed

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Just found out today. For anyone going to Downtown Disney you will be getting of at Pleasure Island. The are refurbishing The Marketplace Bus station..

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
It looked like they were ripping out the road when I passed yesterday. I have been here for a week and a half and the station didn't look like it had any issues. Only problem was I didn't find out when this was going to be finished.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Here's the news update that Steve posted on the main site about it:

Marketplace Bus stops closing for refurbishment in early February
Feb 01, 2013

Downtown Disney's Marketplace Bus Stop is scheduled to be closing for a refurbishment from 3 February 2013 to 24 February 2013. During this time only the Pleasure Island bus stop will be available.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is it just me or does it seem like this bus stop is closed rather frequently?
There is an underground issue there that causes problems in the road surface causing the frequent closures. No doubt this stop will be completely reworked once the new plans are revealed for DTD.

Bolt

There is an underground issue there that causes problems in the road surface causing the frequent closures. No doubt this stop will be completely reworked once the new plans are revealed for DTD.

Exactly - poorly created from Day 1. There wasn't enough support put in the ground so it is an annual thing now.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
any rfid touch tap things going in?
For what reason? It's a freakin Bus Station...

lazyboy97o

Good to know I'm remembering correctly and this isn't the first time in years that the station has closed.

So the bus driver can greet you by name if you used FastPass+?

lunchbox1175

So are you saying there is a sink hole? I think I have heard that somewhere before.:rolleyes:

COProgressFan

any rfid touch tap things going in?

I'm not a fan of NextGen at all, but actually putting RFID touch things at bus areas actually makes sense in terms of tracking how many people are waiting for busses to various destinations. I think everyone could agree the current bus system leaves much to be desired, and if they had better real-time knowledge of how many people are waiting and where they are going they could dispatch busses much more efficiently based on demand.

That said, at this point it doesn't look like they are doing this, as they can't even seem to get the rest of the system up and running smoothly. But I would imagine there are plans for something like this in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom