News Drone test at Walt Disney World

doctornick

I’ve long been an advocate of a drone show at DAK as a way to make a compelling night show without fireworks. But I do also think that something like the Electric Sky Parade performing at the hub in DHS could be a good idea as a compliment to the projection shows there since the high level fireworks never really worked out.

doctornick

Drones are quite loud.

I know they can be, but would that be a reason they couldn't be used in DAK? Fireworks tend to spook animals due to the sudden significant loudness, but wouldn't drones be a more constant and not as intense sound? Or to put a different way, would drones at DAK be any louder (or more scary for animals) than playing the music that they did for RoL?

jrhwdw

So.......With the 2025 Price Increases, are we going to get any Good News??? On the Drone Front or other Entertainment?

JohnD

I’ve long been an advocate of a drone show at DAK as a way to make a compelling night show without fireworks. But I do also think that something like the Electric Sky Parade performing at the hub in DHS could be a good idea as a compliment to the projection shows there since the high level fireworks never really worked out.
I was about to mention this. Can't do fireworks shows at AK because of the animals but a drone show can be done. And besides, they have the seating that was built for ROL and it goes unused except for people taking breaks during the day.

DHS is also no longer a good candidate for fireworks. They built a new pad on the other side of World Drive that is slightly to the right of the Chinese Theatre. It had its own problems with debris falling on World Drive and not directly behind the theatre. A drone show is doable there, however.

1711037183500.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom